Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Warbirds and Warplanes
Reload this Page >

Spitfire Brotherhood (All Spitfires Welcome)

Notices
RC Warbirds and Warplanes Discuss rc warbirds and warplanes in this forum.

Spitfire Brotherhood (All Spitfires Welcome)

Old 06-05-2012, 01:16 AM
goph

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Spitfire Brotherhood (All Spitfires Welcome)

good luck mine flys like a trainer.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Vt56138.jpg
Views:	45
Size:	88.5 KB
ID:	1769322   Click image for larger version

Name:	Ni24045.jpg
Views:	36
Size:	112.4 KB
ID:	1769323  
Old 06-05-2012, 05:25 AM
ForcesR

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

ORIGINAL: jet22b

WARBIRDCER;
Congrat on your son maiden flight today!!! We had rain today, so I was in the shop working on the Top Flite Gold Edition Spitfire MK IX kit. The stab and elevator are done and I am thinking of going with robart hinges and not the CA hinges that the manual call for. What do you think?? I will post pictures of the stab and elevator if you like. One thing I must say, they did a great job on the manual.
Again, congrat on your son maiden flight!!!
Sonny
aka
jet22b

Jet22b, if I were to build another TF MK IX Spitfire, I would definitely go with Robart hinges. Even if they add slightly more weight to the tail of the aircraft; for what ever reason, I dislike using ca hinges. Here are some photo’s of my completed TF MK IX Spitfire with flat camouflage Monokote covering, air retracts, Robart struts, Saito FG-20 gas engine, final weight 9lbs 8ozs. I hope to do the maiden flight as soon as we get a decent weekend for flying.

<o></o>

Roger

Name:	Zx70270.jpg
Views:	47
Size:	84.7 KB
ID:	1769366   Click image for larger version

Name:	Yt60882.jpg
Views:	38
Size:	87.6 KB
ID:	1769367   Click image for larger version

Name:	Wb76857.jpg
Views:	36
Size:	82.5 KB
ID:	1769368  
Old 06-05-2012, 07:52 AM
markhamregular

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

My H9 Spit 60 is extremely slow with a new OS75 running a 13X7 prop.
Should I go for a 13/9 or 13/10?
Anyone with the same Spit and same engine?

Thanks,

Old 06-05-2012, 07:56 AM
JORDY200

The correct prop for that engine is a 13/6 I would try that, you wont be getting the revs out of the engine on a 13/7, more pitch will make it worse

Jordy
Old 06-05-2012, 10:11 AM
jet22b

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: ForcesR

WARBIRDCER;
Congrat on your son maiden flight today!!! We had rain today, so I was in the shop working on the Top Flite Gold Edition Spitfire MK IX kit. The stab and elevator are done and I am thinking of going with robart hinges and not the CA hinges that the manual call for. What do you think?? I will post pictures of the stab and elevator if you like. One thing I must say, they did a great job on the manual.
Sonny
aka
jet22b

Jet22b, if I were to build another TF MK IX Spitfire, I would definitely go with Robart hinges. Even if they add slightly more weight to the tail of the aircraft; for what ever reason, I dislike using ca hinges. Here are some photo’s of my completed TF MK IX Spitfire with flat camouflage Monokote covering, air retracts, Robart struts, Saito FG-20 gas engine, final weight 9lbs 8ozs. I hope to do the maiden flight as soon as we get a decent weekend for flying.

<o> </o>

Roger

Roger;
Thank you for your info and I did go with Robart hinges. I am going to do that with all control surfaces. Thank you for the pictures of your TF build, because now I have a good look of how it looks. You did a great job too!! Good luck on your maiden and please let the brothers know how it went.
Sonny
aka
jet22b
Old 06-05-2012, 06:55 PM
WARBIRDRCER
My Feedback: (22)

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Brotherhood,

I have launched into a project without a working knowledge of silk screen. When I proposed the flags circling the spitfire I did not know the color variations would be a problem. The only way to go with this type of design would be to use iron transfers.

We also have an embroidered option, but the thread count is high for our large size we were hoping to have on the back[&o].

If we choose the transfers we have a bid for $20.00 each, and we would buy the shirt. I will check if we will need to go to a shirt shop to have it installed or if we can use our home irons.

Me for one, I have never had much luck with these types of shirts, and the life limit is short before peel and fade out.

We could opt for plan C? I do not know what plan C is yet, but I will get back to you soon with it.
Old 06-06-2012, 03:51 AM
dasintex
My Feedback: (10)

ORIGINAL: WARBIRDRCER

Brotherhood,

I have launched into a project without a working knowledge of silk screen. When I proposed the flags circling the spitfire I did not know the color variations would be a problem. The only way to go with this type of design would be to use iron transfers.

We also have an embroidered option, but the thread count is high for our large size we were hoping to have on the back[&o].

If we choose the transfers we have a bid for $20.00 each, and we would buy the shirt. I will check if we will need to go to a shirt shop to have it installed or if we can use our home irons.

Me for one, I have never had much luck with these types of shirts, and the life limit is short before peel and fade out.

We could opt for plan C? I do not know what plan C is yet, but I will get back to you soon with it.
When I saw the design, I thought it may be difficult because of all the colors, and 'Iron On transfers' are not the way to go, a transfer that size will make the shirt uncomfortable because they prevent ventilation, be warm to wear, and are not flexable, it would feel like you had something taped on your back all the time; and you are correct, they breakdown after a period, peel, crack, etc. Have to explore Opt 'C'.
Old 06-06-2012, 07:18 AM
jet22b

Brotherhood;
How do this sound for opt."C" We remove the ring of flags and put in the words, "The Plane That Help Change The War"!! Now I do love the ring of flags, because it's said how we love this bird. I hope I don't get yell at!!! Now for me, back to the workshop!!

Sonny
aka
jet22b
Old 06-06-2012, 02:06 PM
mistermnkim
My Feedback: (153)

I have a friend that owns a embroiderey business, I will ask him tomorrow for a quote!!
Old 06-07-2012, 09:19 AM
MajorTomski

ORIGINAL: WARBIRDRCER

Brotherhood,

Steve how about checking with the Guthrie guys and see where/ how much they pay for their shirts.
Old 06-08-2012, 09:24 AM
ForcesR

WARBIRDCER;
Sonny
aka
jet22b

<o></o>

Roger

Roger;
Thank you for your info and I did go with Robart hinges. I am going to do that with all control surfaces. Thank you for the pictures of your TF build, because now I have a good look of how it looks. You did a great job too!! Good luck on your maiden and please let the brothers know how it went.
Sonny
aka
jet22b

Jet22b, you maybe aware of this already but the TF Spitfire kit you are building only has 4 degrees of dihedral built into the wing. The real full size Spitfire has 6 degrees of dihedral built into the wing. I changed from 4 to 6 degrees of dihedral during my wing build. If you don’t have your wing panels built yet, you may wish to change yours. The only draw back is the MLG will be splayed more, but at least the Spitfire looks more scale with the correct dihedral built in.<o></o>

<o></o>

Roger

Name:	Ki18200.jpg
Views:	30
Size:	53.2 KB
ID:	1770303   Click image for larger version

Name:	Gb89969.jpg
Views:	34
Size:	82.0 KB
ID:	1770304  
Old 06-08-2012, 10:00 AM
jet22b

Roger,
Thank you so very much for the info. I have yet to start the build on the wing and look at the plans. Looking at picture #2, I like the way the plane sit. I love the wide look That may help with any problem with it going over on the nose. One quick question, did you go with 2 elevator servo setup or one servo setup? I am thinking on going with the 2 servos setup. Thank you again for the head ups and please post what you found or did in your build!!
Thank you again!!!
Sonny
aka
jet22b
Old 06-08-2012, 06:29 PM
Asanders

All ready for maiden, probably this Friday morning coming up

Name:	Ca80374.jpg
Size:	75.0 KB
ID:	1770385   Click image for larger version

Name:	Gb89657.jpg
Size:	59.1 KB
ID:	1770386   Click image for larger version

Name:	Ot48113.jpg
Size:	60.9 KB
ID:	1770387  
Old 06-08-2012, 06:44 PM
jet22b

Asanders
Good luck on the maiden flight.
You did a great job on the pictures too!! Make me want to climb into the cocpit and take off right now!!!
Please let the brotherhood know how it went!!!
Sonny
aka
jet22b
Old 06-08-2012, 06:56 PM
WARBIRDRCER

ORIGINAL: Asanders

All ready for maiden, probably this Friday morning coming up
Great looking bird #31

Keep us informed
Old 06-09-2012, 09:44 PM
albsurfer

tclocs, let us know your flight time when you get the maiden completed.
Old 06-10-2012, 07:25 PM
valleyk

Nice save Bruno! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hOLKTaqgRlY
Old 06-10-2012, 07:26 PM
H.Dale
My Feedback: (3)

The Sound of Victory.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c6c3v...eature=related

Spitfire Brotherhood #45
Old 06-10-2012, 10:15 PM
saramos

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Cranked up the volume and kicked back. Man that was sweet!
Old 06-11-2012, 08:51 AM
ForcesR

Roger,
Thank you so very much for the info. I have yet to start the build on the wing and look at the plans. Looking at picture #2, I like the way the plane sit. I love the wide look That may help with any problem with it going over on the nose. One quick question, did you go with 2 elevator servo setup or one servo setup? I am thinking on going with the 2 servos setup. Thank you again for the head ups and please post what you found or did in your build!!
Thank you again!!!
Sonny
aka
jet22b
jet22b, no I just used one servo for the elevators. Here is the link to somereally good information concerning theTF Spitfire building process; specially when fitting the horizontal stab in the stab saddle. See post # 647 for correctstab seating location in the stab saddle.

http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_14...26/key_/tm.htm

Roger
Old 06-11-2012, 09:06 AM
albsurfer

Excellent videos. Loved the in-flight engine noise.
thanks, guys.
Old 06-11-2012, 10:30 AM
jet22b

Roger,
Thank you again!!!
Sonny
aka
jet22b
jet22b, no I just used one servo for the elevators. Here is the link to some really good information concerning the TF Spitfire building process; specially when fitting the horizontal stab in the stab saddle. See post # 647 for correct stab seating location in the stab saddle.

http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_14...26/key_/tm.htm

Roger
Roger,
Once again, thank you for the link. I did not even think to look on the web to see if anyone else build one of the Top Flite Spitfire. Maybe because back in the days, we did not have the web, so we took the big box of wood and the plans into the workshop and hope for the best. To save on final weight, I will go with the one elevator servo setup. I hope Brotherhood #1 is reading this post also. His young son have one to build too!!
Thanks, again!!!
Sonny
aka
jet22b
Old 06-11-2012, 10:40 AM
jet22b

ORIGINAL: H.Dale

The Sound of Victory.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c6c3v...eature=related

Spitfire Brotherhood #45
H.Dale;
All I can say is, thank you for posting the link. To see and hear a flight of 16 Spitfire in the air is priceless!!! Now I get the feel of how the people on the ground felt when they took off!!!
Sonny
aka
jet22b
Old 06-11-2012, 10:58 AM
Asanders

Did the maiden flight today. She took off beautifully right down the center line. That 60 cc is plenty of power for this plane. It looked awesome in the air. Half way thru the flight the engine started quitting. I lined it up for a landing and dropped the gear and hit the flaps. She started to drop fast. I was at the threshold of the runway and hit hard. It punched one gear thru the wing. Not much else damage all repairable but found out the muffler had broke during flight. Also she was way nose heavy. Otherwise it was a wonderful flight. Got to get it all fixed and back up again.
Old 06-11-2012, 12:25 PM
WARBIRDRCER

Great video!

Thanks for the TF Link. jet22b, thanks for keeping us updated on your build. I invited mmiller1 over from the thread.

Asanders, I am sure she will fly again soon.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.