Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Warbirds and Warplanes
Reload this Page >

Spitfire Brotherhood (All Spitfires Welcome)

Community
Search
Notices
RC Warbirds and Warplanes Discuss rc warbirds and warplanes in this forum.

Spitfire Brotherhood (All Spitfires Welcome)

Search this Thread

Old 08-30-2012, 04:38 AM
prgonzalez

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Spitfire Brotherhood (All Spitfires Welcome)

ORIGINAL: prgonzalez

I like the dark blue T better.

Pedro

Did I say I want three stickers with my number in them? Two white and the other whatever dark color would be available.

Pedro
Old 08-30-2012, 07:29 AM
lovehydro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hay Chad,
I think the stickers and T-shirts are great. However this thread is intended for Spitfire's and our models I think. Is any way you can give out your e-mail or your web site if you have one, so the ordering and comunications is off line. I am getting multible e-mails a day telling of acctivity on the thread. I go to see if there is something posted about our airplanes just to find more and more about these stickers and T-shirts.
Again what you are doing is great but I would like the site to go back to airplane info.
Thanks
Lovehydro #39
Old 08-30-2012, 07:37 AM
FireBee
My Feedback: (34)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yes Chad. #8 is also my lucky number! some call it Karma. If not to late I'd like to change my shirt order to: one T shirt and 1 collar shirt. both Large size and both the blue you all decide.

Also found this last night:

The sea from Dunkirk to Dover during these days of the evacuation looked like any coastal road in England on a bank holiday. It was solid with shipping.
- Douglas Bader

Like the Spitfire it was immensely strong: a pilot had no need to fear the danger of pulling the wings off, no matter how desperate the situation became.
- Douglas Bader

The successful pilots succeeded because they did not open fire until they were close to the target.
- Douglas Bader

We were all flying around up and down the coast near Dunkirk looking for enemy aircraft which seemed also to be milling around with no particular cohesion.
- Douglas Bader

Rules are for the obedience of fools and the guidance of wise men.
- Douglas Bader

I then realized my appearance was a bit odd. My right leg was no longer with me. It had caught somewhere in the top of the cockpit as I tried to leave my Spitfire.
- Douglas Bader
Old 08-30-2012, 04:01 PM
Warbirdguy

I think this is about the Spitfire Brotherhood. Yes, planes are one main subject, but the other stuff that comes from being involved in a "Brotherhood" is relivant. Im sure as the flying season grinds down, and we get back to repairing, building, or in my case, finishing started project spitfires, the spitfires will come back out to play

As far as giving out my email? uh..no When I pay for my shirts and decals, my email and contact info will be in the paypal invoice for the one selling. Not everyone to veiw

WBG
Old 08-31-2012, 05:43 PM
Saburo Sakai

Reach for the Sky! Firebee! A great read, that book by Brickhill (The Great Escape author). I linked it in earlier post here.
Hey, here's a potential Brotherhood Airfield Flag:
#56 out.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Sq45790.jpg
Views:	31
Size:	563.6 KB
ID:	1797091  
Old 09-01-2012, 11:59 AM
scooter

[img]file:///C:/Users/Owner/Documents/vic%20show%201.jpg[/img]
Old 09-03-2012, 09:29 AM
Super_Chief

any objections to making our own decals?

Name:	Xv64357.gif
Views:	43
Size:	101.0 KB
ID:	1797957  
Old 09-03-2012, 12:07 PM
mad web tv scientist

FireBee, enjoyed your "Bader quotes." Thought it might help newbies to know that it was his artificial leg that he lost when departing his Spit. It is a heart warming piece of history to think about the chivalry involved in how the Brits and Germans "cooperated" to provide Badder with a new leg. And, I'm sure it's safe to assume that it was the Hawker Hurricane that Bader said was as strong as a Spitfire, right? Interestingly I had just finished reviewing parts of Jonnie Johnson's book last night and read your very statement about that leg.

Number #1, I would like whatever comes close to "royal blue" with a pocket and collar with short sleeves in large size.

Chad, I would like three (3) smallest size decals with my #64 on them. This might be just right for three Spitfires, may be ordering more in the hopefully not too distant future, especially if a deal can can be made that will allow some of those killer Thorium Plasma Batteries to be used in a "big Spitter" as previously stated.

Must sign out now or risk being "Timed out" again.

Out.

PS Sakai, I like your flag idea, I would hope your flag wouldn't rule out the presence of a venerable Hurricane at Spitfire festivities though.
__________________________________________________ ______________
Spitfire Brotherhood (All Spitfires Welcome) #64 - Post # 407 Battle of Britain & Winston Churchill relevancy to modeling - Typing "Churchill = the Spitfire, the Spitfire = Churchill. May God bless them both" into Yahoo brings up our Brotherhood thread. It is now necessary to type "Spitfire Documentary BBC YouTube into a search window to enjoy "The Man Who Designed the Spitfire," "The First of the Few," etc., after viewing a video. - why we fight - http://www.goodfight.com

__________________________________________________ _______________
FIGHTERS - AVIATION'S ULTIMATE CALL TO GLORY, HONOR, AND IMMORTALITY - http://community-2.webtv.net/RICHARD...4/CALLTOGLORY/

__________________________________________________ _______________
The following URL brings up the most concise, thorough, non-technical (but with technical references) information about Thorium Plasma Batteries I have found on the web. http://www.ecocarforum.com/ev-forums...t_a_recha.html
Old 09-03-2012, 12:50 PM
glazier808
My Feedback: (1)

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

ORIGINAL: lovehydro

Hay Chad,
I think the stickers and T-shirts are great. However this thread is intended for Spitfire's and our models I think. Is any way you can give out your e-mail or your web site if you have one, so the ordering and comunications is off line. I am getting multible e-mails a day telling of acctivity on the thread. I go to see if there is something posted about our airplanes just to find more and more about these stickers and T-shirts.
Again what you are doing is great but I would like the site to go back to airplane info.
Thanks
Lovehydro #39

You're getting the email because you are subscribed to the thread. As far as the material discussed, I believe it's all quite relevant as its not a build thread. You can always unsubscribe if you don't care to get updates to the thread

Now about those shirts....I'm with the masses, but prefer the light blue pocketed tee. Chad I will eventually get ahold of you for stickers and other stuff...thanks for taking the time!

Casey
Old 09-03-2012, 01:35 PM
moto-x

Moto x. #81 of brotherhood. Sad to say but my Pica spit was in my enclosed trailer. On my way home from a fly-in a vehicle out of nowhere tee boned my truck and trailer. Flipped trailer on side and just demolished several kit built planes including the spit. I don"t know if I have the time or heart to reassemble her yet.
Old 09-03-2012, 01:46 PM
flyntruk
My Feedback: (5)

Wow ..... Sorry to hear of your bad  news ... I hope you're not hurt , but , did the other driver have insurance ?   If so you my be able to get your planes rebilt for you , or recieve a large check for your loss ... Any way it turns out ,, it just SUCKS ... good luck to you ..
Old 09-03-2012, 06:25 PM
WARBIRDRCER
My Feedback: (22)

As stated moto-x, I to hope you are okay. Bad news about the planes, but given time you won’t be able to resist that blood born desire to rebuild them all. I also agree with flyntruk, this is why we pay for auto insurance and expect others to.
Old 09-03-2012, 06:29 PM
WARBIRDRCER

Should be picking up sample shirts this week from shirt guy. Will provide feedback on each once I have them in hand.
Old 09-03-2012, 06:41 PM
Peter_OZ
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

need to get my 90" Mk XII back in the air ...
Old 09-03-2012, 06:57 PM
Chad Veich
My Feedback: (60)

Received 25 Likes on 23 Posts

ORIGINAL: Super_Chief

any objections to making our own decals?
No objections from me Super_Chief.
Old 09-03-2012, 07:19 PM
F4u5
My Feedback: (81)

12 foot Spit retiring for the year....

Well, we had a state trooper stop out at the field today. He went to the end of the runway in his squad car and pointed the radar gun at the Spit. I got a run at him twice. He clocked the Spit at 94 and 98 MPH...that's pretty good. Using the Bolly 30X15 prop at 5K rpm on the ground. Luckily, no speeding ticket was issued . I will be putting the Spitfire away for the year. I ended up with 16 flights on it for the year. Muffler keeps coming loose, so I need to find a way to prevent that. Otherwise a great season (short) with the Spitfire.

Jeff

Name:	Xv64133.jpg
Views:	50
Size:	6.6 KB
ID:	1798162   Click image for larger version

Name:	Jh17118.jpg
Views:	50
Size:	71.1 KB
ID:	1798163  
Old 09-03-2012, 07:55 PM
Peter_OZ
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

give him some donuts to keep him busy hehe
Old 09-04-2012, 03:44 PM
108buzz
My Feedback: (14)

Can I Join? I love the Spit as well. I have a parkzone spit with a Turnigy G-15 and a three blade prop andI ambuilding a H9 spit with Saito FG17 with Keleo exhuast. I also have an ESM50cc spit on back order. I do have a question for everyone. What size three bladed prop would you recommed for the Saito FG17.

Thanks,
Dan
Old 09-04-2012, 05:38 PM
WARBIRDRCER

Brotherhood Update, we now have 121 in our squadron.

Welcome all!

Spitfire Brotherhood
Start Date: 12-28-2011
Current Date: 09-4-2012
Roster

1.Warbirdrcer
1.5 Talimena Kidd
2.tfarmer96
3.KP
4.Helijet
5.Brad3301
6.MajorTomski
7.Daddysam
8.FireBee
9.denoferth
10.Landeck
11.jcpenney
12.jet22b
13.funfly-RCU
14.flyingpiggy
15.glazier808
16.Super Chief
17.verbails
18.jetjockey 3
19.triumphman49
20.Trent Smith
21.rtigg
22.saito18
23.warbirdguy
24.stephanmk1
25.Rotten40851
26. kenair
27.aerofalcon
28.DGUY
29.dasintex
30.Chad Veich
31.Asanders
32.hy flyr
33.dgiokas
34.Capt Easy
35.Meschmidt
36.Cal Branton
37.Pitts532M
38.dennymo
39.lovehydro
40.YellowAircraft
41.flyingchef
42.thrawn150
43.j-d
44.tevans55
45.H. Dale
46.bonemadderek
47.flyntruk
48.discusmike
49.HAM639
50.redtail
51.barron
52.Saramos
53.discusmike
54.tclocs
55.Vasek
56.Saburo Sakai
57.Nordicz
58.Orvis
59.Tony Iannucelli
60.Lifer
61.Crash Bandicoute
62.CRJDriver
63.fytrjok
64.mad web tv scientist
65.David Bathe
66.77chickenhawk
67.stimul8tor
68.hockeypilot
69.JoeSpitfire
70.Flakbait
71.SIX GUNS
72.spadsriver09
73.ForcesR
74.rogera
75.Hairy46
76.markhamregular
77.JL636
78.wpdunn3
79.Warbird 1
80.Moparmaniac
81.moto-x
82.baldeagle
83.2001az
84.schulze rocks
85.Skopik
86.Syd Byrne
87.albsurfer
88.KiwiKid
89.shanksow
90.JORDY200
91.mistermnkim
92.SuchIsLife
93.RCdude13
94.wphilb
95.hal_bert
96.prgonzalez
97.bogeyp38
98.TwinTurboZ
99.Jimmy Skids
100. SafetyWrench
101. Peter OZ
102. Old Navy Flyer
103. tahfiet
104. Pakcikjo
105. marquisvns
106. TheEdge
107. ahgoodman
108. F4u5
109. rcnats
110. John Taylor
111. Larry Kruse
112. Jim Reynolds
113. skysnake
114. Spitfire7856
115. Eds Trek
116. P51Tom
117. Wayne
118. Jimm
119. SteveD-RCU
120. jln1320
121. 108buzz

If you would like to join the Spitfire Brotherhood please make your request on this thread. I will track and assign you a number.

Never can tell when you may run into another Spitfire Brother somewhere, so join now.
Old 09-05-2012, 12:34 AM
Brad330l

ORIGINAL: F4u5

12 foot Spit retiring for the year....

Well, we had a state trooper stop out at the field today. He went to the end of the runway in his squad car and pointed the radar gun at the Spit. I got a run at him twice. He clocked the Spit at 94 and 98 MPH...that's pretty good. Using the Bolly 30X15 prop at 5K rpm on the ground. Luckily, no speeding ticket was issued . I will be putting the Spitfire away for the year. I ended up with 16 flights on it for the year. Muffler keeps coming loose, so I need to find a way to prevent that. Otherwise a great season (short) with the Spitfire.

Jeff
Jeff well done with the flights on your Spitty. As far as the muffler goes have you tried re-torquing bolts when the system is warm? Also don't go over 60% yeald of bolt strength.

Good luck,

Brad
Old 09-05-2012, 12:34 AM
MajorTomski

I like the lighter color blue. Pocket tee. Dont care much for the collar. But, Ill go with majority too.

I will take three definately. XXL for me.

and four patches.

Steve did you see my pm about helping you get these mailed out?
Old 09-05-2012, 06:11 AM
WARBIRDRCER

ORIGINAL: MajorTomski

I like the lighter color blue. Pocket tee. Dont care much for the collar. But, Ill go with majority too.

I will take three definately. XXL for me.

and four patches.

Steve did you see my pm about helping you get these mailed out?
Tom,

My desk top computer failed, so I have been using my lap top for the last 3 weeks. For what ever reason I can not access all of my RCU stuff, and I can only get to one e-mail account. The computer may be up again this weekend if my part arrives. If so I will have a C-47 load of mail and messages to clear out. It would also help if in the future I keep a hard copy of my user names and pass words.
Old 09-05-2012, 06:23 AM
WARBIRDRCER

Comp ARF Spitfire update:

I can’t remember how many times I installed and removed my powerplant from this airframe, or how much wood I have fabricated into parts I cannot use, but I think I have discovered my chosen method of installation.

Although very slow progress has been made with this and other projects, here is where I am at the moment.

I added a bulkhead that will retain a removable panel designed to block out the carb bay from the remainder of the fuselage. The additional bulkhead will also be tied to the 1/4 inch aircraft ply firewall to help carry the operational loads of the DA-85. I added fiberglass to the fuselage bond line in the forward sections because I get concerned when I can see light passing through an aircraft structures bond lines.

Well back to work on my Mach I Mustang, Ford that is
Old 09-05-2012, 08:09 AM
moto-x

I wasn"t hurt, But other driver had no insurance. I had to turn it in on uninsured motorist. They have already settled on the truck and trailer but have not heard on my fleet yet. You know its hard to have put hundreds of hours in kit built planes and just have them taken in a second by someone not responsible to be on the road. Bad thing is the other driver was not from this country,here making a living as a physical theripst whose visa runs out in 6 months. So I guess he just gets on his magic carpet and leaves the country and all is good for him. Really,this country allows people to get by with this. I"m pretty sure if I went there and committed the same crime, punishment would be decapitation or death by hanging. Sorry guys, I just had to let off some steem. I"m sure it will all turn out ok and I will have a new fleet soon.
Old 09-05-2012, 08:11 AM
moto-x

I wasn"t hurt, But other driver had no insurance. I had to turn it in on uninsured motorist. They have already settled on the truck and trailer but have not heard on my fleet yet. You know its hard to have put hundreds of hours in kit built planes and just have them taken in a second by someone not responsible to be on the road. Bad thing is the other driver was not from this country,here making a living as a physical theripst whose visa runs out in 6 months. So I guess he just gets on his magic carpet and leaves the country and all is good for him. Really,this country allows people to get by with this. I"m pretty sure if I went there and committed the same crime, punishment would be decapitation or death by hanging. Sorry guys, I just had to let off some steem. I"m sure it will all turn out ok and I will have a new fleet soon.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.