Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Page 52 of 139 FirstFirst ... 242505152535462102 ... LastLast
Results 1,276 to 1,300 of 3472

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

RE: Spitfire Brotherhood (All Spitfires Welcome)

Never to late scratchbuilder46.

Welcome to the Brotherhood #138
    WARBIRDRCER:
    P-40, P-39, & Spitfire Brotherhood #1
    Corsair Brotherhood #88
    F4U Brotherhood #2
    Member #12: Not so scale, almost ready to fly, soon to be scrap, warbird brotherhood

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: jet22b

ORIGINAL: WARBIRDRCER

RPRCBuilder and I have been good friends and RC building and flying partners for several years. You have read past threads of mine where I refer to my building friend, well this is he.

Today I dropped off the Talimena Kidd’s (Spitfire Brother 1.5) TF 1/7th Spitfire with RPRCBuilder. This means the build will be completed long before I could have even considered it.

I will keep you posted right here.

Again, thanks RPRC!!
    Steve,
    Will 1.5 help with the build on the TF Spit?? Please keep us in the loop on the build!!
    Sonny
    aka
    jet22b
    Sonny, We will be a part of this build along with starting to monokote the Dave Platt/ PICA Spitfire.
    How is your build coming?
    WARBIRDRCER:
    Corsair Brotherhood #88
    F4U Brotherhood #2
    Member #12: Not so scale, almost ready to fly, soon to be scrap, warbird brotherhood

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

scratchbuilder46,
    great video of the spitfire. It looked very scale.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: jet22b

RPRCBuilder and I have been good friends and RC building and flying partners for several years. You have read past threads of mine where I refer to my building friend, well this is he.

Today I dropped off the Talimena Kidd’s (Spitfire Brother 1.5) TF 1/7th Spitfire with RPRCBuilder. This means the build will be completed long before I could have even considered it.

I will keep you posted right here.

Again, thanks RPRC!!
    Steve,
    Will 1.5 help with the build on the TF Spit?? Please keep us in the loop on the build!!
    Sonny
    aka
    jet22b
    Sonny, We will be a part of this build along with starting to monokote the Dave Platt/ PICA Spitfire.
    How is your build coming?
    Steve,
    I receive my T-shirt and love it!! Thanks for doing the leg work on the shirts and this thread!!! My build is going good. Starting to work on the cockpit!! Still trying to find paint for this bird. My local hobby don't carry any model paints for RC planes. I remember going to my local hobby shop back in the days and they would have everything you need from build to finish. Oh well life goes on!!
    Thanks, again for the shirt. Looking forward to meeting any brother here in Washington State!!
    Have a good Thanksgiving everyone!!!
    Sonny
    aka
    jet22b
    Spitfire Brotherhood #12
    P-40 Brotherhood #52

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Latest Shipments:

Shipped on 11-20-2012:

• 11-20-12 Tevans
    • 11-20-12 Moggy

Shipped on 11-21-2012

• 11-21-2012 FireBee
    • 11-21-2012 scooter

Please let me know when you receive them.

Enjoy,
    WARBIRDRCER:
    Corsair Brotherhood #88
    F4U Brotherhood #2

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Steve, I am so proud to be a member and a follower of the Spitfire Brotherhood. My shirt is out of sight. Your leadership is important and truly sustains this thread. I am currently working on my Bird Dog (DAWG) and my Avenger (both builds here on RCU under Warbirds). The DAWG had to have its wing panels rebuilt, I know, I know, I forgot the washout. So I had to set aside the Avenger to rebuild the DAWG. Also doing research on the upcoming Spitfire build which is number 4 in the que. My Spitfire will be a MK XII. Just can't get enough of those clipped wing tips. Again, thanks Steve and a Happy Thanksgiving To All My Brothers. Chic
    Never Has So Many - Owed So Much - To So Few.
    Sir Winston Churchill

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Happy Thanksgiving to all!

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: saramos

Happy Thanksgiving to all!
    Back at you, Brother!!!
    Sonny
    aka
    jet22b
    Spitfire Brotherhood #12
    P-40 Brotherhood #52

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: redtail

Steve, I am so proud to be a member and a follower of the Spitfire Brotherhood. My shirt is out of sight. Your leadership is important and truly sustains this thread. I am currently working on my Bird Dog (DAWG) and my Avenger (both builds here on RCU under Warbirds). The DAWG had to have its wing panels rebuilt, I know, I know, I forgot the washout. So I had to set aside the Avenger to rebuild the DAWG. Also doing research on the upcoming Spitfire build which is number 4 in the que. My Spitfire will be a MK XII. Just can't get enough of those clipped wing tips. Again, thanks Steve and a Happy Thanksgiving To All My Brothers. Chic
    Chic,

I am looking forward to seeing your Spitfire build because as you know I have been watching your other threads and they are great.

Happy Thanksgiving to all,

Steve
    WARBIRDRCER:
    Corsair Brotherhood #88
    F4U Brotherhood #2

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Finally got my 3 blade Tru turn spinner back from the powder coating place. (2 1/2 weeks)
    Beautiful white, I love it. 

Will upload some pics when I got it mounted.

Happy Thanksgiving to the Brothers down south.
    Stay warm.

Andreas

Andreas

Spitfire Brotherhood #130
    Cub Brother #185
    CORSAIR Brotherhood #92

#1, I just sent a check for $42 but forgot to say what it is for. It's for: S S Tee and collar - 1 each L

While I'm here, thank you so very much for your great work in doing things that are so valuable for modeling as well as being supportive of the very kind of values that made the Spitfire and victory for sustainable Western Civilization culture possible. In spite of setbacks and an almost daily need to make attitude adjustments, I can't help but think that events like the Spitfire Brotherhood , the buried Spitfires, and other factors may be providentially coming together in a way to help forge a possible "NEW RENAISSANCE AGE" built around a respect for the very same values that has made progress over time possible in our present world. Just think about all the dignitaries who are suddenly visiting "Burma," of all places.

There has got to be something greater than the pleasure of simply digging up old airplanes going on. Winston Churchill's wisdom about the same kinds of values motivating nations in his time surely speaks to us from the grave (please check out his statements about Islam, fascists, etc). The question is: "will Spitfire enthusiasts recognize the possible opportunities of how they may be able to play a relevant roll in a possible better future?" I am cautiously optimistic that the answer will be an overwhelming YES! (hey, a guy can dream can't he?) It's been said that when the "wrong people" begin to say and do the "right things" you can know progress is inevitable. No one can deny that it seems like we are at the mercy of a whole lot of the wrong people who have a whole lot of power today. Yes, I try to be optimistic because the trajectory of history is inevitable progress, in spite of all the flack and fighters that threaten impending doom. My "Friendly message to the powers that be" might prove to be comforting at this point in time. http://community-2.webtv.net/RICHARD...NDLYMESSAGETO/

Fighter pilot courage may be the key to victory in stopping the seemingly unstoppable onslaught against everything we hold dear. I have an unshakable conviction that the purpose of history is progress. May God be with us.

Rolling in to attack now.

Out.

Spitfire Brotherhood (All Spitfires Welcome) #64 - Post #407 - Battle of Britain & Winston Churchill relevancy to modeling -
    www.rcuniverse.com/forum/fb.asp?m=11007416 PLEASE SEE POST 852 (Page # 35) on Spit thread for FANTASTIC INFO. See why we fight - www.goodfight.com
    __________________________________________________ ________________________________
    FIGHTERS - AVIATION'S ULTIMATE CALL TO GLORY, HONOR, AND IMMORTALITY - http://community-2.webtv.net/RICHARD...4/CALLTOGLORY/
    __________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ ______________
    The following URL brings up the most concise, non-technical (with technical references) discussion about the revolutionary THORIUM PLASMA BATTERY technology I have found on the web. ENJOY! Oh what fun we are going to have in the future of flight!
    http://www.ecocarforum.com/ev-forums...t_a_recha.html

(IT WAS WHEN I TYPED THE WORD "ISLAM" THAT THE PC STOPPED WORKING, COICIDENCE? I THINK NOT!

I am being hacked at the moment - I will keep trying to get all of the original text posted. Please stand by.

There has got to be something greater than the pleasure of simply digging up old airplanes going on. Winston Churchill's wisdom about the same kinds of values motivating nations in his time surely speaks to us from the grave (please check out his statements Islam, fascists, etc). The question is: "will Spitfire enthusiasts recognize the possible opportunities of how they may be able to play a relevant roll in a possible better future?" I am cautiously optimistic that the answer will be an overwhelming YES! (hey, a guy can dream can't he?) It's been said that when the "wrong people" begin to say and do the "right things" you can know progress is inevitable. No one can deny that it seems like we are at the mercy of a whole lot the wrong people who have a whole lot of power today. Yes, I try to be optimistic because the trajectory of history is inevitable progress, in spite of all the flack and fighters that threaten impending doom. My "Friendly message to the powers that be" might prove to be comforting at this point in time.

Fighter pilot courage may be the key to victory in stopping the seemingly unstoppable onslaught against everything we hold dear. I have an unshakable conviction that the purpose of history is progress. May God be with us.

Rolling in to attack now.

Out.

Brotherhood (All Spitfires Welcome) #64 - Post #407 - Battle of Britain & Winston Churchill relevancy to modeling -
    www.rcuniverse.com/forum/fb.asp?m=11007416 PLEASE SEE POST 852 (Page # 35) on Spit thread for FANTASTIC INFO. See why we fight - www.goodfight.com
    __________________________________________________ ________________________________
    FIGHTERS - AVIATION'S ULTIMATE CALL TO GLORY, HONOR, AND IMMORTALITY - http://community-2.webtv.net/RICHARD...______________
    The following URL brings up the most concise, non-technical (with technical references) discussion about the revolutionary THORIUM PLASMA BATTERY technology I have found on the web. ENJOY! Oh what fun we are going to have in the future of flight!
    http://www.ecocarforum.com/ev-forums...t_a_recha.html

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

mad web tv scientist

Shirt message received.

Thank you
    WARBIRDRCER:
    Corsair Brotherhood #88
    F4U Brotherhood #2

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: Tobbe

Join me in!
    Thanks
    Tobbe

Comp-arf 35lbs DLE 55
    Tobbe,

How is the Comp-Arf Spitfire doing?
    WARBIRDRCER:
    Corsair Brotherhood #88
    F4U Brotherhood #2

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Update on my Spitfire build.

Keleo muffler installed.
    Tru Turn Spinner installed.

1. Will work on the Topflite Cockpit next and install the canopy.
    2. Robostruts.
    3. Browning machine gun installation in the LE of wing.
    4. Rivets and panel lines.
    5. Clear Flat Topflite Coat.

Andreas

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Ig12134.jpg 
Views:	6 
Size:	78.5 KB 
ID:	1822906   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Rm36576.jpg 
Views:	7 
Size:	68.6 KB 
ID:	1822907  
    Andreas

Spitfire Brotherhood #130
    Cub Brother #185
    CORSAIR Brotherhood #92

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

facia, looking good. Please keep us posted on your progress.

WARBIRDRCER:
    Corsair Brotherhood #88
    F4U Brotherhood #2

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: funkymeter2003

Hey guys, just picked up a partially completed Top Flite kit and can not decide what color to paint her when I am done. What is the origin of the green/brown camo vs. the gray/green camo. Is one from an earlier time period? I would also like to join the brotherhood by the way...what a beautiful airplane!
    funkymeter2003,

Have you flown the TF Spitfire?, and what colors did you go with?
    WARBIRDRCER:
    Corsair Brotherhood #88
    F4U Brotherhood #2

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: hy flyr

This is a great thread, count me in! I've been working on a Dynaflite Spitfire for a while now. Wingspan is 81'' and will be powered by a Saito 1.80. It's almost ready for covering.
    Any updates hy flyr?
    WARBIRDRCER:
    Corsair Brotherhood #88
    F4U Brotherhood #2

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

I went back to the first page of the thread to look for spitfire projects, and also wanted to see how those we have not heard from in awhile are doing.

I only made it to page 5, thread 105 before the full day cought up with me.

If your name is in the list of names below, let us know how you are doing and if your Spitfire is still airworthy.

KP, Helijet, da Rock, DaddySam, denoferth, youngguy, Lifer, spitmad, jcpenney, funfly-RCU, flyingpiggy. Super_Chief, tfarmer96, verbails, fytrjok, Idigbo, barron, Jetjockey_3, davidhand, JGrc, Tony Iannucelli, Rotten40851, rtigg, Saito18, stephanmk1, kenair, aerofalcon, DGUY, SJN, dasintex, Asanders, Peter_OZ, Capt Easy, Meschmidt
    WARBIRDRCER:
    Corsair Brotherhood #88
    F4U Brotherhood #2

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

I went back to the first page of the thread to look for spitfire projects, and also wanted to see how those we have not heard from in awhile are doing.

I only made it to page 5, thread 105 before the full day cought up with me.

If your name is in the list of names below, let us know how you are doing and if your Spitfire is still airworthy.

KP, Helijet, da Rock, DaddySam, denoferth, youngguy, Lifer, spitmad, jcpenney, funfly-RCU, flyingpiggy. Super_Chief, tfarmer96, verbails, fytrjok, Idigbo, barron, Jetjockey_3, davidhand, JGrc, Tony Iannucelli, Rotten40851, rtigg, Saito18, stephanmk1, kenair, aerofalcon, DGUY, SJN, dasintex, Asanders, Peter_OZ, Capt Easy, Meschmidt
    Hey; Squadron Leader, Brother #1; my H9 60 Size Size Spit still flying strong, no problems!
    P-40 Brotherhood #3
    P-47 Brotherhood #32
    Spitfire Brotherhood #29
    Not so scale, Almost ready to fly, Soon to be scrap,
    Warbird Brotherhood #58
    H9 P-47,TF GS P-51,TF GS P-40,TF GS FW190
    Future Project:Top Flite GS A6M ZERO
    RIP: H9 Spitfire

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Mine has gone through a couple of updates since July 2009. It's down right now while getting the more scale like, scratch built exhausts.

It may have a while to wait for that however, since I've just gotten the TF 60 Corsair and have started in on that beauty.
    Good flying wit ya today

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

I had today off and was able to fly my 1/5 Pica spit "Chesapeake Express" today. Unusually warm weather in VA Beach: 67 deg 5 kts wind.

Two good sorties with second flight in the air with a Meister ME-109. Spitfire brother 27 (Aerofalcon) helped me sort out some retract issues. I had to change a kinked line and a leaky Robert valve, but we got her back in the air today as last flights were in July.

AeroFalcon then made a great flight on his P-38. We both had a good day
    R, Mike P.
    Flying 1/3 BUSA Pup, 1/4 Proctor N-28, scratch 1/4 D-VII
    Building 1/3 Sopwith Tripehound for the Mid Atlantic Dawn (MAD) Patrol: Oct 1-5
    http://www.flytrc.com
    Spitfire Brotherhood #8
    Balsa USA Brotherhood #44

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Got my T Shirts today! Very nice thanks Steve for taking point on this project.
    Piece of Cake
    Spitfire Brotherhood #121

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

FireBee, glad you were able to burn some fuel today.

Moggy, I am glad you like your shirt too.

Flyntruk and Brad3301, your shirts shipped today, Friday November 24.

da Rock and dasintex, good to hear from you guys.
    WARBIRDRCER:
    Corsair Brotherhood #88
    F4U Brotherhood #2

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Brotherhood Update, we now have 139 in our squadron.

Welcome all!

Spitfire Brotherhood
    Start Date: 12-28-2011
    Current Date: 11-25-2012
    Roster

1.Warbirdrcer
    1.5 Talimena Kidd
    2.tfarmer96
    3.KP
    4.Helijet
    5.Brad3301
    6.MajorTomski
    7.Daddysam
    8.FireBee
    9.denoferth
    10.Landeck
    11.jcpenney
    12.jet22b
    13.funfly-RCU
    14.flyingpiggy
    15.glazier808
    16.Super Chief
    17.verbails
    18.jetjockey 3
    19.triumphman49
    20.Trent Smith
    21.rtigg
    22.saito18
    23.warbirdguy
    24.stephanmk1
    25.Rotten40851
    26. kenair
    27.aerofalcon
    28.DGUY
    29.dasintex
    30.Chad Veich
    31.Asanders
    32.hy flyr
    33.dgiokas
    34.Capt Easy
    35.Meschmidt
    36.Cal Branton
    37.Pitts532M
    38.dennymo
    39.lovehydro
    40.YellowAircraft
    41.flyingchef
    42.thrawn150
    43.j-d
    44.tevans55
    45.H. Dale
    46.bonemadderek
    47.flyntruk
    48.discusmike
    49.HAM639
    50.redtail
    51.barron
    52.Saramos
    53.discusmike
    54.tclocs
    55.Vasek
    56.Saburo Sakai
    57.Nordicz
    58.Orvis
    59.Tony Iannucelli
    60.Lifer
    61.Crash Bandicoute
    62.CRJDriver
    63.fytrjok
    64.mad web tv scientist
    65.David Bathe
    66.77chickenhawk
    67.stimul8tor
    68.hockeypilot
    69.JoeSpitfire
    70.Flakbait
    71.SIX GUNS
    72.spadsriver09
    73.ForcesR
    74.rogera
    75.Hairy46
    76.markhamregular
    77.JL636
    78.wpdunn3
    79.Warbird 1
    80.Moparmaniac
    81.moto-x
    82.baldeagle
    83.2001az
    84.schulze rocks
    85.Skopik
    86.Syd Byrne
    87.albsurfer
    88.KiwiKid
    89.shanksow
    90.JORDY200
    91.mistermnkim
    92.SuchIsLife
    93.RCdude13
    94.wphilb
    95.hal_bert
    96.prgonzalez
    97.bogeyp38
    98.TwinTurboZ
    99.Jimmy Skids
    100. SafetyWrench
    101. Peter OZ
    102. Old Navy Flyer
    103. tahfiet
    104. Pakcikjo
    105. marquisvns
    106. TheEdge
    107. ahgoodman
    108. F4u5
    109. rcnats
    110. John Taylor
    111. Larry Kruse
    112. Jim Reynolds
    113. skysnake
    114. Spitfire7856
    115. Eds Trek
    116. P51Tom
    117. Wayne
    118. Jimm
    119. SteveD-RCU
    120. jln1320
    121. Moggy
    122. 108buzz
    123. Tobbe
    124. blkangus
    125. Mark Franke
    126. Phat Reliant
    127. flygono
    128. Ford34tom
    129. Seamus OLeprosy
    130. facia
    131. catboater
    132. Chucksolo69
    133. Hooton Park
    134. perttime
    135. spura
    136. oo7fly4fun
    137. RPRCBuilder
    138. Scratchbuilder46
    139. jchtr3a/John Harrigal

If you would like to join the Spitfire Brotherhood please send me a PM, e-mail right here from RCU, or just make your request on this thread. I will track and assign you a number.

Never can tell when you may run into another Spitfire Brother somewhere, so join now.

[/quote]

Welcome to the Brotherhood #'s

138. Scratchbuilder46
    139. jchtr3a/John Harrigal

[/quote]

WARBIRDRCER:
    Corsair Brotherhood #88
    F4U Brotherhood #2

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Hi Steve and the Brotherhood;
    I hope everyone had a good Thanksgiving!! Here are a few pictures of my Top Flite Spitfire build As you can see, I still have a lot of work to do, but the build is done!! As you can see, I went with a air scope that is place just where the wings slide into the fuse. I have seen some pictures of Spitfire with a scope at that point. The only bad thing about this build is the wings sheeting is just to thin!! Just picking up the wing and you are not careful you can feel the sheeting breaking!!
    Got to find a local hobby shop or a good on-line store that has all the things I need to start the finish of this bird. I think I will glass the whole bird and paint it. I know I will add weight, but I am old school!!! Please let me know if you problem with the wings sheeting. Oh well back to the shop to do more sanding on her!!
    Stay tune to more up dates!!
    Sonny
    aka
    jet22b
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Zx72676.jpg 
Size:	96.1 KB 
ID:	1823419   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Bz77933.jpg 
Size:	87.2 KB 
ID:	1823420  
    Spitfire Brotherhood #12
    P-40 Brotherhood #52