Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Warbirds and Warplanes
Reload this Page >

Spitfire Brotherhood (All Spitfires Welcome)

Community
Search
Notices
RC Warbirds and Warplanes Discuss rc warbirds and warplanes in this forum.

Spitfire Brotherhood (All Spitfires Welcome)

Search this Thread

Old 11-18-2012, 08:10 PM
WARBIRDRCER
My Feedback: (22)

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default RE: Spitfire Brotherhood (All Spitfires Welcome)

Never to late scratchbuilder46.

Welcome to the Brotherhood #138
Old 11-18-2012, 08:16 PM
WARBIRDRCER

ORIGINAL: jet22b

ORIGINAL: WARBIRDRCER

RPRCBuilder and I have been good friends and RC building and flying partners for several years. You have read past threads of mine where I refer to my building friend, well this is he.

Today I dropped off the Talimena Kidd’s (Spitfire Brother 1.5) TF 1/7th Spitfire with RPRCBuilder. This means the build will be completed long before I could have even considered it.

I will keep you posted right here.

Again, thanks RPRC!!
Steve,
Will 1.5 help with the build on the TF Spit?? Please keep us in the loop on the build!!
Sonny
aka
jet22b
Sonny, We will be a part of this build along with starting to monokote the Dave Platt/ PICA Spitfire.
How is your build coming?
Old 11-18-2012, 10:16 PM
albsurfer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

scratchbuilder46,
great video of the spitfire. It looked very scale.

Old 11-19-2012, 09:52 AM
jet22b

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: jet22b

RPRCBuilder and I have been good friends and RC building and flying partners for several years. You have read past threads of mine where I refer to my building friend, well this is he.

Today I dropped off the Talimena Kidd’s (Spitfire Brother 1.5) TF 1/7th Spitfire with RPRCBuilder. This means the build will be completed long before I could have even considered it.

I will keep you posted right here.

Again, thanks RPRC!!
Steve,
Will 1.5 help with the build on the TF Spit?? Please keep us in the loop on the build!!
Sonny
aka
jet22b
Sonny, We will be a part of this build along with starting to monokote the Dave Platt/ PICA Spitfire.
How is your build coming?
Steve,
I receive my T-shirt and love it!! Thanks for doing the leg work on the shirts and this thread!!! My build is going good. Starting to work on the cockpit!! Still trying to find paint for this bird. My local hobby don't carry any model paints for RC planes. I remember going to my local hobby shop back in the days and they would have everything you need from build to finish. Oh well life goes on!!
Thanks, again for the shirt. Looking forward to meeting any brother here in Washington State!!
Have a good Thanksgiving everyone!!!
Sonny
aka
jet22b
Old 11-21-2012, 08:30 AM
WARBIRDRCER

Latest Shipments:

Shipped on 11-20-2012:

• 11-20-12 Tevans
• 11-20-12 Moggy

Shipped on 11-21-2012

• 11-21-2012 FireBee
• 11-21-2012 scooter

Please let me know when you receive them.

Enjoy,
Old 11-21-2012, 12:14 PM
redtail
My Feedback: (15)

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Steve, I am so proud to be a member and a follower of the Spitfire Brotherhood. My shirt is out of sight. Your leadership is important and truly sustains this thread. I am currently working on my Bird Dog (DAWG) and my Avenger (both builds here on RCU under Warbirds). The DAWG had to have its wing panels rebuilt, I know, I know, I forgot the washout. So I had to set aside the Avenger to rebuild the DAWG. Also doing research on the upcoming Spitfire build which is number 4 in the que. My Spitfire will be a MK XII. Just can't get enough of those clipped wing tips. Again, thanks Steve and a Happy Thanksgiving To All My Brothers. Chic
Old 11-21-2012, 03:51 PM
saramos

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Happy Thanksgiving to all!
Old 11-21-2012, 04:10 PM
jet22b

ORIGINAL: saramos

Happy Thanksgiving to all!
Back at you, Brother!!!
Sonny
aka
jet22b
Old 11-21-2012, 04:49 PM
WARBIRDRCER

ORIGINAL: redtail

Steve, I am so proud to be a member and a follower of the Spitfire Brotherhood. My shirt is out of sight. Your leadership is important and truly sustains this thread. I am currently working on my Bird Dog (DAWG) and my Avenger (both builds here on RCU under Warbirds). The DAWG had to have its wing panels rebuilt, I know, I know, I forgot the washout. So I had to set aside the Avenger to rebuild the DAWG. Also doing research on the upcoming Spitfire build which is number 4 in the que. My Spitfire will be a MK XII. Just can't get enough of those clipped wing tips. Again, thanks Steve and a Happy Thanksgiving To All My Brothers. Chic
Chic,

I am looking forward to seeing your Spitfire build because as you know I have been watching your other threads and they are great.

Happy Thanksgiving to all,

Steve
Old 11-22-2012, 09:07 AM
facia

Finally got my 3 blade Tru turn spinner back from the powder coating place. (2 1/2 weeks)
Beautiful white, I love it. 

Will upload some pics when I got it mounted.

Happy Thanksgiving to the Brothers down south.
Stay warm.

Andreas

Old 11-22-2012, 09:34 AM
mad web tv scientist

#1, I just sent a check for $42 but forgot to say what it is for. It's for: S S Tee and collar - 1 each L

While I'm here, thank you so very much for your great work in doing things that are so valuable for modeling as well as being supportive of the very kind of values that made the Spitfire and victory for sustainable Western Civilization culture possible. In spite of setbacks and an almost daily need to make attitude adjustments, I can't help but think that events like the Spitfire Brotherhood , the buried Spitfires, and other factors may be providentially coming together in a way to help forge a possible "NEW RENAISSANCE AGE" built around a respect for the very same values that has made progress over time possible in our present world. Just think about all the dignitaries who are suddenly visiting "Burma," of all places.

There has got to be something greater than the pleasure of simply digging up old airplanes going on. Winston Churchill's wisdom about the same kinds of values motivating nations in his time surely speaks to us from the grave (please check out his statements about Islam, fascists, etc). The question is: "will Spitfire enthusiasts recognize the possible opportunities of how they may be able to play a relevant roll in a possible better future?" I am cautiously optimistic that the answer will be an overwhelming YES! (hey, a guy can dream can't he?) It's been said that when the "wrong people" begin to say and do the "right things" you can know progress is inevitable. No one can deny that it seems like we are at the mercy of a whole lot of the wrong people who have a whole lot of power today. Yes, I try to be optimistic because the trajectory of history is inevitable progress, in spite of all the flack and fighters that threaten impending doom. My "Friendly message to the powers that be" might prove to be comforting at this point in time. http://community-2.webtv.net/RICHARD...NDLYMESSAGETO/

Fighter pilot courage may be the key to victory in stopping the seemingly unstoppable onslaught against everything we hold dear. I have an unshakable conviction that the purpose of history is progress. May God be with us.

Rolling in to attack now.

Out.

Spitfire Brotherhood (All Spitfires Welcome) #64 - Post #407 - Battle of Britain & Winston Churchill relevancy to modeling -
www.rcuniverse.com/forum/fb.asp?m=11007416 PLEASE SEE POST 852 (Page # 35) on Spit thread for FANTASTIC INFO. See why we fight - www.goodfight.com
__________________________________________________ ________________________________
FIGHTERS - AVIATION'S ULTIMATE CALL TO GLORY, HONOR, AND IMMORTALITY - http://community-2.webtv.net/RICHARD...4/CALLTOGLORY/
__________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ ______________
The following URL brings up the most concise, non-technical (with technical references) discussion about the revolutionary THORIUM PLASMA BATTERY technology I have found on the web. ENJOY! Oh what fun we are going to have in the future of flight!
http://www.ecocarforum.com/ev-forums...t_a_recha.html

(IT WAS WHEN I TYPED THE WORD "ISLAM" THAT THE PC STOPPED WORKING, COICIDENCE? I THINK NOT!

I am being hacked at the moment - I will keep trying to get all of the original text posted. Please stand by.

There has got to be something greater than the pleasure of simply digging up old airplanes going on. Winston Churchill's wisdom about the same kinds of values motivating nations in his time surely speaks to us from the grave (please check out his statements Islam, fascists, etc). The question is: "will Spitfire enthusiasts recognize the possible opportunities of how they may be able to play a relevant roll in a possible better future?" I am cautiously optimistic that the answer will be an overwhelming YES! (hey, a guy can dream can't he?) It's been said that when the "wrong people" begin to say and do the "right things" you can know progress is inevitable. No one can deny that it seems like we are at the mercy of a whole lot the wrong people who have a whole lot of power today. Yes, I try to be optimistic because the trajectory of history is inevitable progress, in spite of all the flack and fighters that threaten impending doom. My "Friendly message to the powers that be" might prove to be comforting at this point in time.

Fighter pilot courage may be the key to victory in stopping the seemingly unstoppable onslaught against everything we hold dear. I have an unshakable conviction that the purpose of history is progress. May God be with us.

Rolling in to attack now.

Out.

Brotherhood (All Spitfires Welcome) #64 - Post #407 - Battle of Britain & Winston Churchill relevancy to modeling -
www.rcuniverse.com/forum/fb.asp?m=11007416 PLEASE SEE POST 852 (Page # 35) on Spit thread for FANTASTIC INFO. See why we fight - www.goodfight.com
__________________________________________________ ________________________________
FIGHTERS - AVIATION'S ULTIMATE CALL TO GLORY, HONOR, AND IMMORTALITY - http://community-2.webtv.net/RICHARD...______________
The following URL brings up the most concise, non-technical (with technical references) discussion about the revolutionary THORIUM PLASMA BATTERY technology I have found on the web. ENJOY! Oh what fun we are going to have in the future of flight!
http://www.ecocarforum.com/ev-forums...t_a_recha.html
Old 11-22-2012, 10:20 AM
WARBIRDRCER

mad web tv scientist

Shirt message received.

Thank you
Old 11-22-2012, 03:18 PM
WARBIRDRCER

ORIGINAL: Tobbe

Join me in!
Thanks
Tobbe

Comp-arf 35lbs DLE 55
Tobbe,

How is the Comp-Arf Spitfire doing?
Old 11-22-2012, 07:30 PM
facia

Update on my Spitfire build.

Keleo muffler installed.
Tru Turn Spinner installed.

1. Will work on the Topflite Cockpit next and install the canopy.
2. Robostruts.
3. Browning machine gun installation in the LE of wing.
4. Rivets and panel lines.
5. Clear Flat Topflite Coat.

Andreas

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Ig12134.jpg
Views:	42
Size:	78.5 KB
ID:	1822906   Click image for larger version

Name:	Rm36576.jpg
Views:	37
Size:	68.6 KB
ID:	1822907  
Old 11-22-2012, 09:52 PM
WARBIRDRCER

facia, looking good. Please keep us posted on your progress.

Old 11-22-2012, 10:08 PM
WARBIRDRCER

ORIGINAL: funkymeter2003

Hey guys, just picked up a partially completed Top Flite kit and can not decide what color to paint her when I am done. What is the origin of the green/brown camo vs. the gray/green camo. Is one from an earlier time period? I would also like to join the brotherhood by the way...what a beautiful airplane!
funkymeter2003,

Have you flown the TF Spitfire?, and what colors did you go with?
Old 11-22-2012, 10:10 PM
WARBIRDRCER

ORIGINAL: hy flyr

This is a great thread, count me in! I've been working on a Dynaflite Spitfire for a while now. Wingspan is 81'' and will be powered by a Saito 1.80. It's almost ready for covering.
Any updates hy flyr?
Old 11-22-2012, 10:22 PM
WARBIRDRCER

I went back to the first page of the thread to look for spitfire projects, and also wanted to see how those we have not heard from in awhile are doing.

I only made it to page 5, thread 105 before the full day cought up with me.

If your name is in the list of names below, let us know how you are doing and if your Spitfire is still airworthy.

KP, Helijet, da Rock, DaddySam, denoferth, youngguy, Lifer, spitmad, jcpenney, funfly-RCU, flyingpiggy. Super_Chief, tfarmer96, verbails, fytrjok, Idigbo, barron, Jetjockey_3, davidhand, JGrc, Tony Iannucelli, Rotten40851, rtigg, Saito18, stephanmk1, kenair, aerofalcon, DGUY, SJN, dasintex, Asanders, Peter_OZ, Capt Easy, Meschmidt
Old 11-23-2012, 06:47 AM
dasintex
My Feedback: (10)

I went back to the first page of the thread to look for spitfire projects, and also wanted to see how those we have not heard from in awhile are doing.

I only made it to page 5, thread 105 before the full day cought up with me.

If your name is in the list of names below, let us know how you are doing and if your Spitfire is still airworthy.

KP, Helijet, da Rock, DaddySam, denoferth, youngguy, Lifer, spitmad, jcpenney, funfly-RCU, flyingpiggy. Super_Chief, tfarmer96, verbails, fytrjok, Idigbo, barron, Jetjockey_3, davidhand, JGrc, Tony Iannucelli, Rotten40851, rtigg, Saito18, stephanmk1, kenair, aerofalcon, DGUY, SJN, dasintex, Asanders, Peter_OZ, Capt Easy, Meschmidt
Hey; Squadron Leader, Brother #1; my H9 60 Size Size Spit still flying strong, no problems!
Old 11-23-2012, 07:04 AM
da Rock

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Mine has gone through a couple of updates since July 2009. It's down right now while getting the more scale like, scratch built exhausts.

It may have a while to wait for that however, since I've just gotten the TF 60 Corsair and have started in on that beauty.
Old 11-23-2012, 06:47 PM
FireBee
My Feedback: (34)

I had today off and was able to fly my 1/5 Pica spit "Chesapeake Express" today. Unusually warm weather in VA Beach: 67 deg 5 kts wind.

Two good sorties with second flight in the air with a Meister ME-109. Spitfire brother 27 (Aerofalcon) helped me sort out some retract issues. I had to change a kinked line and a leaky Robert valve, but we got her back in the air today as last flights were in July.

AeroFalcon then made a great flight on his P-38. We both had a good day
Old 11-23-2012, 08:55 PM
Moggy
My Feedback: (9)

Got my T Shirts today! Very nice thanks Steve for taking point on this project.
Old 11-23-2012, 10:54 PM
WARBIRDRCER

FireBee, glad you were able to burn some fuel today.

Moggy, I am glad you like your shirt too.

Flyntruk and Brad3301, your shirts shipped today, Friday November 24.

da Rock and dasintex, good to hear from you guys.
Old 11-24-2012, 11:15 AM
WARBIRDRCER

Brotherhood Update, we now have 139 in our squadron.

Welcome all!

Spitfire Brotherhood
Start Date: 12-28-2011
Current Date: 11-25-2012
Roster

1.Warbirdrcer
1.5 Talimena Kidd
2.tfarmer96
3.KP
4.Helijet
5.Brad3301
6.MajorTomski
7.Daddysam
8.FireBee
9.denoferth
10.Landeck
11.jcpenney
12.jet22b
13.funfly-RCU
14.flyingpiggy
15.glazier808
16.Super Chief
17.verbails
18.jetjockey 3
19.triumphman49
20.Trent Smith
21.rtigg
22.saito18
23.warbirdguy
24.stephanmk1
25.Rotten40851
26. kenair
27.aerofalcon
28.DGUY
29.dasintex
30.Chad Veich
31.Asanders
32.hy flyr
33.dgiokas
34.Capt Easy
35.Meschmidt
36.Cal Branton
37.Pitts532M
38.dennymo
39.lovehydro
40.YellowAircraft
41.flyingchef
42.thrawn150
43.j-d
44.tevans55
45.H. Dale
46.bonemadderek
47.flyntruk
48.discusmike
49.HAM639
50.redtail
51.barron
52.Saramos
53.discusmike
54.tclocs
55.Vasek
56.Saburo Sakai
57.Nordicz
58.Orvis
59.Tony Iannucelli
60.Lifer
61.Crash Bandicoute
62.CRJDriver
63.fytrjok
64.mad web tv scientist
65.David Bathe
66.77chickenhawk
67.stimul8tor
68.hockeypilot
69.JoeSpitfire
70.Flakbait
71.SIX GUNS
72.spadsriver09
73.ForcesR
74.rogera
75.Hairy46
76.markhamregular
77.JL636
78.wpdunn3
79.Warbird 1
80.Moparmaniac
81.moto-x
82.baldeagle
83.2001az
84.schulze rocks
85.Skopik
86.Syd Byrne
87.albsurfer
88.KiwiKid
89.shanksow
90.JORDY200
91.mistermnkim
92.SuchIsLife
93.RCdude13
94.wphilb
95.hal_bert
96.prgonzalez
97.bogeyp38
98.TwinTurboZ
99.Jimmy Skids
100. SafetyWrench
101. Peter OZ
102. Old Navy Flyer
103. tahfiet
104. Pakcikjo
105. marquisvns
106. TheEdge
107. ahgoodman
108. F4u5
109. rcnats
110. John Taylor
111. Larry Kruse
112. Jim Reynolds
113. skysnake
114. Spitfire7856
115. Eds Trek
116. P51Tom
117. Wayne
118. Jimm
119. SteveD-RCU
120. jln1320
121. Moggy
122. 108buzz
123. Tobbe
124. blkangus
125. Mark Franke
126. Phat Reliant
127. flygono
128. Ford34tom
129. Seamus OLeprosy
130. facia
131. catboater
132. Chucksolo69
133. Hooton Park
134. perttime
135. spura
136. oo7fly4fun
137. RPRCBuilder
138. Scratchbuilder46
139. jchtr3a/John Harrigal

If you would like to join the Spitfire Brotherhood please send me a PM, e-mail right here from RCU, or just make your request on this thread. I will track and assign you a number.

Never can tell when you may run into another Spitfire Brother somewhere, so join now.

[/quote]

Welcome to the Brotherhood #'s

138. Scratchbuilder46
139. jchtr3a/John Harrigal

[/quote]

Old 11-24-2012, 12:42 PM
jet22b

Hi Steve and the Brotherhood;
I hope everyone had a good Thanksgiving!! Here are a few pictures of my Top Flite Spitfire build As you can see, I still have a lot of work to do, but the build is done!! As you can see, I went with a air scope that is place just where the wings slide into the fuse. I have seen some pictures of Spitfire with a scope at that point. The only bad thing about this build is the wings sheeting is just to thin!! Just picking up the wing and you are not careful you can feel the sheeting breaking!!
Got to find a local hobby shop or a good on-line store that has all the things I need to start the finish of this bird. I think I will glass the whole bird and paint it. I know I will add weight, but I am old school!!! Please let me know if you problem with the wings sheeting. Oh well back to the shop to do more sanding on her!!
Stay tune to more up dates!!
Sonny
aka
jet22b
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Zx72676.jpg
Views:	57
Size:	96.1 KB
ID:	1823419   Click image for larger version

Name:	Bz77933.jpg
Views:	56
Size:	87.2 KB
ID:	1823420  

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.