Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Warbirds and Warplanes
Reload this Page >

ESM 74" Corsair three piece wing question

Community
Search
Notices
RC Warbirds and Warplanes Discuss rc warbirds and warplanes in this forum.

ESM 74" Corsair three piece wing question

Search this Thread

Old 12-29-2011, 02:10 PM
DAKOTANOVASS
My Feedback: (17)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ESM 74" Corsair three piece wing question

I am in the process of putting together my corsair and was wondering if a person could make a three piece wing out of it. I believe the 50CC size corsair is made for a detachable three piece wing. How does the construction differ from the 74" to the 50cc. In the wing spar their is a spot that a person could pin to hold the wing in, the only mod I would have to do is place a wing bolt thru the wheel well into the outer wing panel to snug up the outer wing to the center section. Let me know if I am missing something. I would like to see how the 74" wing compares to the 50cc wing. Please post some pics if you can.

Thanks
Terrell
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Om33626.jpg
Views:	53
Size:	61.9 KB
ID:	1706570   Click image for larger version

Name:	Wr53792.jpg
Views:	42
Size:	50.1 KB
ID:	1706571   Click image for larger version

Name:	Hf97719.jpg
Views:	44
Size:	42.1 KB
ID:	1706572  
Old 12-30-2011, 08:02 AM
Walt Thyng
My Feedback: (9)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: ESM 74" Corsair three piece wing question

I just read a review of a new Sebart (?) biplane that uses a rod to hold the wing in place. I think you could adapt that idea. The whole rick to making a multi part wing is to make the attachment simple and the panel secure.

I made a 3 piece wing for my Royal C47. I used the stock joiner and added tow locating tabs. The tab at the leading edge mated to a plate with a blind nut. After the wing was joined I ra a bolt thru the tab into the blind nut. Haven't had a problem yet and it's been flying for a number of years.
Walt