Community
Search
Notices
RC Warbirds and Warplanes Discuss rc warbirds and warplanes in this forum.

Best vid Ever

Search this Thread

Old 01-04-2012, 04:51 PM
WhoDaMan
My Feedback: (164)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Best vid Ever

If not able to view now, save and view later. This is spectacular live footage of the 3,000 round trip mile air assault upon the Japanese mainland, with 3 bomber wings and a host of P-51's.
This is the real way to end a war.
No matter what war footage you ever saw before, this is the real deal and will keep your undivided attention. The P-51 & B29 footage is remarkable.
The strafing runs by the P-51 drivers were incredible.
(View Full Screen/Sound On)
B-29/P-51 Actual WWII FootageA great compilation of combat footage from WWII. It is 36 minutes long, The beginning is the planning and preparation for the bombing raids on Tokyo. At about 15-16 minutes they are running into flak as they prepare to hit the targets. Some great P-51 combat footage and then very good footage of the bombers in action. Recovery back at the take-off bases is excellent footage also. This was a time when men definitely were MEN!! It is obvious when you see our stockpiles on the islands that our industrial production sealed the fate of our enemies. We don't send a lot of our officers to ICAF, but that course might be as valuable as AWC to the successful prosecution of a war effort. Good way to spend some quality time .A 36 minute gem for those who at this time of year would like to trace the dots from Pearl Harbor in 1941 back to Japan in 1945 the Last Bomb. This is amazing footage. Notice the actual photos of the spent shell casings streaming out of the bottom of the P51s.
Old 01-05-2012, 04:09 AM
Pippin

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Best vid Ever

Interesting vid.

Also interesting that some of the people involved thought about it.

"I suppose if I had lost the war, I would have been tried as a war criminal." Curtis E. LeMay