Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Warbirds and Warplanes
Reload this Page >

Hangar 9 30cc P-47 Build Thread

Notices
RC Warbirds and Warplanes Discuss rc warbirds and warplanes in this forum.

Hangar 9 30cc P-47 Build Thread

Old 01-26-2012, 08:38 PM
John8861
My Feedback: (2)

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Default RE: Hangar 9 30cc P-47 Build Thread

Looking GOOOOD!
Old 01-27-2012, 06:37 AM
John Redman
My Feedback: (8)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

So in my searching I was pleasantly surprised when I found a syringe kit with needles on the Horizon Hobby website. The ones I have are many years old and were boought at the Toledo show a long time ago. So cool to find a new supply close by. You can find them here.

http://www.horizonhobby.com/products...N4485-_-DLMAC8
Old 01-27-2012, 07:51 AM
roncannell

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

John, subscribed, love the zinc chromate Green. After a stint in the Air Force that putrid color really grew on me[&:]
Old 01-27-2012, 08:27 AM
Ron101
My Feedback: (22)

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Looking great John!
the doors fit nice and tight... can't wait for mine!
Old 01-27-2012, 11:04 AM
TripleW

If your interested you can get Zinc in a spray can.
http://www.aircraftspruce.com/catalog/cspages/zinc.php
Old 01-27-2012, 12:06 PM
John Redman

Hey TripleW, great find!!!! I am going to order up a can and see what I think. Man isn't the interenet AWESOME!!!!!!
Old 01-27-2012, 12:49 PM
Dash7ATP

John,

IF - you haven't ordered yet, and IF you happen to live near a good boating supply store, you might check there first.  They usually have zink cromate in a spray can to use on trailers, and underwater metals, etc. 

Dash
Old 01-27-2012, 01:21 PM
fly24-7

ORIGINAL: Lifer

An interesting thread. I have about 6 H-9 planes including the older P-47. If possible, please avoid turning every other post into a product plug for your employer. No disrespect intended, but this is a thread on a specific plane, not an on-line catalog for your company.

Thank you.
Lighten up Francis... You have the option to "change the channel if you don't like what's on TV." Don't ya think that with all of the things to be in angst over in the world today, the mention of products in a build thread of a hobby message board should fall low on the list??? Besides, he’s not saying, “you need to buy this stuff,†he’s mentioning what he’s using in his build.

On an aside, as an employee of the parent company that makes Dremel products, I appreciate the mention! I've got two daughters that will require college educations and weddings... ;-)

Please continue. I have my popcorn ready and will continue to enjoy following the thread (as well as the BVM F-4 build)...

Old 01-27-2012, 05:28 PM
troysmith

Mr. Redman thanks for the build, I check this thread everyday!  

I am hoping for this P47 build - to be on video for a DVD purchase.  (Just Kidding).
Please keep adding the Horizon Hobby Links in this thread.

Sidenote: I am building the E-Flite P51B and deciding how much detail to add. So this thread is a great source for inspiration.
Thanks much!
Troy

Old 01-27-2012, 06:13 PM
Tim Redelman
My Feedback: (36)

Yeah what he said!!! I like all the links lets me know where to find stuff. I didn't know Horizon had half the stuff you've been mentioning. I think next time I'm down we should just go into the warehouse and I'll grab a shopping cart from Home Depot....... Maybe two..... Yeah the one like in a grocery store and the big flat one with 4 wheels ... Yeah that outta do it!
On second thought do you think my van will fit down the isles???

Tim
Old 01-28-2012, 03:36 AM
Lifer
My Feedback: (1)

Received 29 Likes on 28 Posts

Here is a list of RCU's advertising programs. I assure you, RCU sells ad space to remain in business. This is their product. How long do you think they can stay in business without an income stream?

Horizon sells their products. I have bought many and will continue to do so in the future. I continue to believe that Horizon is mis-using this thread. It is for product review, not free advertising for their product. Other websites charge for access. RCU is free to us because they sell advertising for revenue.

Is my point clear?

"I am already an advertiser: send me to the partner login page

If you are not currently an RCU advertiser understand that RCU has 6 DIFFERENT ways for you to promote your products on our site. Please read the programs carefully. We have free programs, pay-for-performance programs and branding/sale programs.

Download our Media Guide (pdf) to get a quick overview of our different business generation services.
RCU Pay-Per-Click Keyword Program

Go to my keyword account now! Access your RCU keyword account to edit, bid and remove keywords.

How it Works. This service allows you to reserve select keywords so that EVERY TIME those words appear in a forum thread or in our site search results, the words are underlined. When a user mouses over the word, they see YOUR promo and can click to whatever destination you select! YOU PAY NOTHING unless someone clicks through to your site. Even then, your cost per click should average roughly 6 cents. Watch a video tutorial, print a summary sheet or get started now.

Banner Advertising Opportunities
Place your logo, products and promotional material in front of hundreds of thousands of users by taking out a graphical ad in any area of RCUniverse. Ads can run on the home page, in any of our major site sections (like the product guide, magazine, or community) or in the discussion forums! Ads can be targeted to match the user's R/C interest area (like cars, helis, etc.)

Campaigns begin at $200/month.

For more advertising information click here
RCU Stores
Why pay eBay everytime you sell something? RCU Stores are open for business. Upload inventory, create special offers that expire automatically and promote yourself to the largest R/C audience on the Web! Print a summary sheet, watch a video or open a store now!

R/C Marketplace Advertising Opportunities
Private and commercial sellers can post ads in our robust marketplace. Our marketplace ads receive an average of more than 21,346,093 views each month! Go Now!
Instant "Buy Now" Advertising Opportunities
Every item in our product guide has a "Buy It" tab, which users click to find retailers of the product they are viewing. You can list yourself there instantly! It's only $2.00 per month per product, but space is limited to 4 retailers per product! Sign Up Now or Learn More

Sign Into Your RCU Store/Partner Account:
Partner Email: Password:
Forget your password?

Free NEW Product Announcements
If you are a manufacturer or distributor and would like to introduce a NEW product, try this free service. Your product will appear on our "New Products" page and be featured on the home page with other newly introduced items. Go Now!
Our List of Advertisers
You may view our entire advertisers list. Go Now! "

RCUniverse is a service of Internet Brands, Inc. Copyright © 2001-2012. Privacy Policy

GET FREE RC CONTENT FOR YOUR WEBSITE

Search | Marketplace | Event Central | Local Clubs | Magazine | Product Ratings | New Products | Discussion Forums

Photo Gallery | Instructor Search | Field|Track|Marina Search | RCU Videos | RCU Youtube Channel | | RCU Twitter!

Member Locator | Advertisers | Hobby Vendor Resources | Rate Manufacturers | My Account Settings

Products Videos WattFlyer.com RC Classifieds

RCU2 | 99.188.117.181 | 434835 | 1 | 03:26:28 AM EST | YC

Old 01-28-2012, 05:19 AM
Dash7ATP

Hi Lifer,

That was a pretty long post concerning RCU's advertising programs. Yet, you are listed as a Basic Member and you don't actually don't come and say you are a part of RCU. If you are, then you need to indetify yourself as such. If not, why should we pay any attention to your "rant", even if it is the RCUpolicy.

Ihave been expecting a moderator to step up and take a postiton on the "horizon plugs" by John, but you are not even a moderator, fo...........?

DAsh
Old 01-28-2012, 08:46 AM
rslstft
My Feedback: (10)

Man, lighten up people! If you don't like the links to the products, then simply don't read the thread, it's that simple. Seems as though most of the responders appreciate the links, so let the majority win for a change instead of the "enlightened minority".
Old 01-28-2012, 08:56 AM
glazier808

Btw thanks for the links on the glue syringe John, I ordered two last night...build on sir...its nice to see the company representing themselves like this, with a build on their products...just makes sense to me.

Casey
Old 01-28-2012, 09:36 AM
fly24-7

I'm sorry to see that John's thread has been hijacked by someone who's far more concerned about politics than airplanes. You're right Lifer, John should pay RCU for every product mention in his thread because, after all, this thread is a thin veil to systematically promote every single SKU on the Horizon website...

I'm going to step out on a limb and speak for the overwhelming majority of people following this thread. If you're so bent on making a point, take your complaints to the RCU staff. No one here is interested in your soapbox speech. We'd rather focus on airplanes...
Old 01-28-2012, 09:49 AM
G.Barber

I am subscribed to this thread - I am interested in the P-47 build, and the P-47 build alone. Let's leave the excess bickering out of this thread.

John, please continue...
Old 01-28-2012, 10:13 AM
John Redman

Good to hear most are interested in the thread as delivered. Honestly, I am only throwing the links up to show the products I have used in the process; nothing more. Believe me Horizon does not have to sell glue syringes and testor's paint to stay in business. We distribute those to our dealer's to have it at your hands. Just trying to answer possible questions before they are asked.

This weekend I am working on the cockpit for my son's F-86 kit. My videographer is at a huge train show in Springfield MASS so I am awaiting his return to continue. We should have the build video's beginning in about 10 days or so. I will be continuing the build on Tuesday with him so look for most updates either Tuesday afternoon or Wednesday afternoon.

Next is the elevator and rudder flight controls and tail wheel install. Then on to the power system.

Thanks guys.
Old 01-28-2012, 10:14 AM
John Redman

duplicate post removed.
Old 01-28-2012, 02:09 PM
Ron101
My Feedback: (22)

Looking great John..your going all out
Are you still planning on weathering it?

This one is just going to be a flyer for me... I'll make it nice. With a few details...but for the most part a straight forward build

fun to see what your doing with it, thanks for the detailed build
Old 01-28-2012, 04:51 PM
JPH Racing

Lifer: With out content like this thread, no one would come to this site. If no one comes to the site, no one sees the need to buy ad space .... So, please give it a break.

John and Horizon, please keep up the great work and move ahead with the build thread. If you get a chance, please post the part #'s for the Robert electric retracts.
Old 01-29-2012, 10:34 AM
Mustangman40

John,
nice build thread, thanks for taking the time..
I appreciate all the links you are providing, don't let a couple detour you from providing them.. Remember, some folks aren't happy unless they are ranting about something...

Links in post about products we use are a greattime saver, it's your option if you choose to clickon them... If it doesn'tintrest you, don't click on it, pretty simple if you ask me.. It's very nice of theJohn to give you that option.....

John,
I sent you a PM to seeif you have any insight on something...

Jimbo
Old 01-30-2012, 11:40 AM
TripleW

Jeez Lifer what a buzzkill!
If you don't like it change the channel.
Old 01-31-2012, 01:25 PM
da Rock

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Guys,
Let's all stick to the topic of the thread. If any one of you wishes to explain something unrelated to building this model to another member, how about sending them a pm.

This thread is about Redman building his 30cc P-47.
Old 01-31-2012, 04:15 PM
TripleW

John, Will you mount an Evolution Radial engine in this bird too? I'd love to see that!!
Old 02-01-2012, 04:10 AM
XTRA230
My Feedback: (10)

Absolutely with you on this G Barber I agree 100% I am only interested in the MODEL at HAND Go for it John lets just get on with the Build thread Guys enough is enough Great JOB John

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.