Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Warbirds and Warplanes
Reload this Page >

Robart Electric Retracts Update

Community
Search
Notices
RC Warbirds and Warplanes Discuss rc warbirds and warplanes in this forum.

Robart Electric Retracts Update

Search this Thread

Old 06-10-2014, 08:03 AM
dawhale
My Feedback: (20)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Ok, here we go again.

#810RSE 100 deg Rotating Electric Retract

http://robart.com/products/810rse-10...ectric-retract

Who is going to be first?

Old 06-10-2014, 11:38 AM
da Rock

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by dawhale
Ok, here we go again.

#810RSE 100 deg Rotating Electric Retract

http://robart.com/products/810rse-10...ectric-retract

Who is going to be first?

Got any idea what weight plane Robarts says those can reliably work on?

Their specs don't seem to exist on that page. Nor do they mention needing a controller that they sell for another $100.

Looks like $300 for a pair of devices and their controller..........
Old 06-10-2014, 12:07 PM
irocbsa
My Feedback: (12)

Promising, but I think I'm done being the guinea pig for rotating electric retracts. I bet once the "special introductory pricing" is over they will be north of $350 with the controller. Of course, that means that we still don't really have an affordable option for 60 sized planes. I should stop speculating but at this point I'm so cynical over the topic that I don't want to get my hopes up.
Old 06-10-2014, 01:08 PM
dawhale

They did provide a spec drawing but the weight box is empty. I would pay $300 -$350 if they were bullet proof.
Old 06-10-2014, 01:51 PM
SkyPilot101

It looks like there using a linear actuator, and not a jack screw, I don't think I like the toothed rotator gear setup
Old 06-10-2014, 02:58 PM
ThunderBoat42
My Feedback: (1)

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

For what it's worth. I have had zero issues with my electrics on the mustang. They came with the controller box which is really provided by down n locked. Paid about $325 last year. + struts + wheels. It added up.
Old 06-10-2014, 08:24 PM
robart-joe

The 810 Series is rated for 8-18 lbs. This is in line with our 530 / 550 series gear. They are sized for 7/16 dia struts. It is offered in pneumatic (810RS) and electric (810RSE). The electric retracts include the retract controller and jumper wire to connect to your receiver. Like all of our new electric gear, this gear will require the purchase of our locking extensions if you need more than the 12" length of lead on each actuator. The first batch of electrics shipped today and we should have additional stock within a week or two. Retail after the sale is over for the electric will be $299.95
Old 06-11-2014, 04:03 AM
irocbsa
My Feedback: (12)

Very interesting. I might actually be interested if the controller is included. Can you say when the sale ends?
Old 06-11-2014, 04:14 AM
robart-joe

Originally Posted by irocbsa
Very interesting. I might actually be interested if the controller is included. Can you say when the sale ends?
Dont know for sure when the sale will end. Now that we are shipping units, I would say they will pull the sale within a week or so. It was meant to get pre-orders and we finished up all the parts. The electric retract controller is included, as with all of our main gear product offering. Let me know if you have any other questions.

Joe
Old 06-11-2014, 06:03 AM
da Rock

Originally Posted by robart-joe
Dont know for sure when the sale will end. Now that we are shipping units, I would say they will pull the sale within a week or so. It was meant to get pre-orders and we finished up all the parts. The electric retract controller is included, as with all of our main gear product offering. Let me know if you have any other questions.

Joe
It would help if your product description mentioned the controller is included. And what weight model they are designed for.

More information makes for more successful marketing. Also cuts down on the number of questions people have.
Old 06-11-2014, 06:16 AM
robart-joe

Originally Posted by da Rock
It would help if your product description mentioned the controller is included. And what weight model they are designed for.

More information makes for more successful marketing. Also cuts down on the number of questions people have.
I just forwarded your request to the website guy. I will follow up in a couple of days to ensure it has been completed. Thanks for the recommendations.
Old 06-11-2014, 06:19 AM
RBean

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I just ordered a pair. I'll keep my fingers crossed. Not sure what they will go in. May be a 90 size Koyosho Corsair. I'll report further when received.
Old 06-11-2014, 09:00 AM
dawhale

Robart-joe, I guess when I started this thread I did not do a good job of identifying my frustration. I / we need 60 size 100 degree rotaters. Based on the drawings, the 810 series, for the most part, will not fit because the over all length would require cutting into the main spar on my Top Flite Corsair and P-40. The TP P-40 gear mounting rails are 3 1/2" long. The TF 60 size Corsair is 3". I did not measure my Hangar 9 Hellcat. Yes I have three aircraft waiting for reliable electric 100 degree rotaters.
Old 06-11-2014, 09:04 AM
da Rock

Originally Posted by RBean
I just ordered a pair. I'll keep my fingers crossed. Not sure what they will go in. May be a 90 size Koyosho Corsair. I'll report further when received.
You might consider swapping them with the Lado 333-RBs you mention in another thread and then can report on how the ground handling changes.

I'm thinking hard about trying them myself. I got a P40 that was put aside awhile back.... maybe a year now??...... to wait for decent 100degree electrics.
Old 06-11-2014, 09:21 AM
da Rock

Uh oh.... I just measured my 60-size Corsiars (TF and H9), the TF P40, and H9 Hellcat, and it looks like the new Robarts may be a too large by enough that I think I'll wait for someone else who can work with an installation from the beginning to report.
Old 06-11-2014, 09:34 AM
dawhale

Robart 810's are 4 5/32" long. Not going to work in most 60 size aircraft needing rotaters.

Wingspan has a new 100 degree rotater for the TF P-40 & Corsair, that is 2.76" long. Now that is a fit. Problem is they have been plagued with unreliable actuators. I considered replacing the actuator's with LADO's but they are to big.
http://www.wingspanretracts.com/LGR630T

So we wait. Is EFlite close to doing anything in the 60 -120 size?
Old 06-11-2014, 04:04 PM
ThunderBoat42

The web site is lacking and caused a lot of confusion when I ordered the mustang retracts. Reported it to Robart and it's still wrong a year later showing the wrong part 'recommended'. It also carted the retail price even though on sale but they did charge my card correctly. The site DOES need to be technically audited for accuracy. Many errors.

Yes the controller box was included and works nice. I like the delay option and ability to use various voltage. The plane is flying on a couple of 2s LiFe batteries and the gear I am using a separate 4.8 2000mah Nimh to slow them down to a scale speed. They have been flawless to date.
Naturally these are not the rotator and why I haven't done a corsair yet.
Old 06-11-2014, 06:08 PM
RBean

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

da Rock, the Lados are mounted angled forward. The Koyosho Corsair has wheel well doors so I need to 100 degree retracts so the gear won't be hanging down to low and preventing the doors from closing.
Old 06-11-2014, 06:47 PM
ThunderBoat42

Uh oh.... I just measured my 60-size Corsiars (TF and H9), the TF P40, and H9 Hellcat, and it looks like the new Robarts may be a too large by enough that I think I'll wait for someone else who can work with an installation from the beginning to report.
Briefly off topic *hand raised*. Which do you like better on the corsairs.... The TF or H9. Quality, flight characteristics, etc?
Old 06-12-2014, 01:37 AM
SkyPilot101

So! It looks like the new Robart rotators are too long to fit a Top Flight 60 Corsair ??? Unbelievable You think that someone would have verified that they fit there intended application !
Old 06-12-2014, 04:44 AM
da Rock

Originally Posted by ThunderBoat42
Briefly off topic *hand raised*. Which do you like better on the corsairs.... The TF or H9. Quality, flight characteristics, etc?
The TF Corsair and P40 are both waiting for retracts so neither has "gone off to war" yet. The TF was delayed for awhile due to the center section of the wing being royally screwed from the factory. The exceedingly inaccurate attachment of the flaps way off alignment, and the delay caused by working with Tower then waiting for the replacement, basically stopped that project dead.

The 60-size H9 however is excellent in the air. On the ground however, not worth spit. My home field is grass and I've broken props about every 2nd or 3rd flight. Those impacts mount up so I've pretty much stopped flying it except when flying at a field that has pavement. Since my home (I've got 3) field that had pavement replaced it with grass, the 60-size H9 and the Hellcat don't get much air time. The 50-size Corsair with the Eflite's however is the go-to bird. It's about my only warbird at the moment. And damned if that moment doesn't seem to keep getting longer and longer.
Old 06-12-2014, 04:47 AM
da Rock

Originally Posted by SkyPilot101
So! It looks like the new Robart rotators are too long to fit a Top Flight 60 Corsair ??? Unbelievable You think that someone would have verified that they fit there intended application !
Has Robart ever advertised any suggested models for those gear?
Old 06-16-2014, 06:26 PM
robart-joe

The gear was made as short as possible. Unlike a pneumatic arrangement, we have to take the length of the motor into consideration as well as the threaded shaft to operate the gear up and down. This is another negative for choosing electric gear. If the electric is too long for your application, there is always the pneumatic version which is much shorter overall. Unfortunately, we can not test fit our product in every plane by every manufacturer. Some modifications might be required to use the electric gear.
Old 06-17-2014, 01:56 AM
SkyPilot101

The 810RS pneumatic are not on the web site yet. Can you provide specifics, overall length, weight, ect ? Cost ?
Old 06-17-2014, 04:07 AM
xgnsxgnhu

I got a question, I'm new to electric retracts...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.