Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Robart Electric Retracts Update

From the Robart site.

Electric Retract Update, January 31, 2012

As with most major projects, we are slightly behind schedule – but only slightly. We are excited to see all the variables coming together in this ambitious electric retract program.

The first electric retracts to be released will be for the new 30 cc, Hangar 9 P-47. This will include both electric main retracts and optional tailwheel retract. Of course, a pneumatic version of this gear is also available. Both items will be available directly from Horizon or one of their dealers. Robart will not be selling these retracts. Please see the Horizon Hobby website for pricing and availability. These retracts should be available in approximately 2-3 weeks.

The Hangar 9 P-47 mains use our 630 Series main and 160 tailwheel mechanisms so we will be offering retracts and conversion kits for airframes using the 630 series in a 90 or 95 degree configuration in approximately 3 weeks. For airplanes that have a 100+ degree nosegear, it will be about 30-45 days until we have that actuator produced. The 160 tailwheels in all configurations will be available in the 2-3 week timeframe.

After the 630 and 160 Series, we plan to be rolling out actuators for the 510 and 550 Series retracts (3-4 weeks), the 148 rotating retracts (4-5 weeks), 590 and 810 Series (5-6 weeks), 150 Series (5-6 weeks), 622 Series (5-6 weeks but could be sooner) and 145 Series (5-6 weeks but could be sooner).

Please keep checking back for more information.
    I'm kinda confused on why they would release retracts for the 30cc first. I would have thought the 60 size would have been first. Looks like it will be a while before the 60 size rotating ones will be available.. Bummer!

Alan

CORSAIR Brotherhood # 90

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

RE: Robart Electric Retracts Update

Glad to see the 630 size coming. Those are for the 50cc size. Who knows why one comes first over another. I am sure it is easier for some reason. So long as they get them all at some point, no matter really.
    \"let\'\'\'\'s just say, they will be satisfied with less\" Ming the Merciless

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

G
    \"let\'\'\'\'s just say, they will be satisfied with less\" Ming the Merciless

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

No biggie.. Just have to wait longer.
    Alan

CORSAIR Brotherhood # 90

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Anyone know if they have a product number on anyof them yet, would like to at least get them pre ordered if I can....

Robart,
    if your reading this, please hurry!!!!! My build is on hold till I get my gear...
    Ultra Sport Brotherhood #92

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Finally, electric retracts that accept oleos straight out of the box.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

For all those looking for electric retracts, WingSpan Retracts has high quality affordably priced alternative that is available now! For more information contact Mike at sales@wingspanretracts.com or at 678-733-5403
    WingSpan Retracts

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

So um, I'm wondering if Robart is running into similar problems other manufacturers have with electric retracts and this is causing the delay?
    Anyone heard anything? I mean it's the middle of April?

Wingspan is definitely an option, I just already have the Robostruts.

Dust

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

I'll stick with air robarts.
    Tom
    pain is just weakness leaving the body
    P51 brotherhood #40
    P47 brotherhood #34
    F4U corsair bro hood #91

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

They had them on display in Toledo. Said they would be up on the website in about 2 weeks. They showed the small ones, 622s, taile wheels, rotators with the electric setup. They will have conversions available for existing air as well

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: bhouin
    ..................... rotators with the electric setup. ...................
    As in: 615s? Would LOVE to convert some of my 615s to electric!
    Avatar: Electric Powered, Highly Modified Hangar 9 Corsair
    Club Saito Member #670

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Looks like Robart is close to releasing a few more model retracts as I see them listed at the Tower. Need 100 degree rotating 60 size in a big way.

http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...SM&C=QEL&V=ROB

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Guys........

Just got my 148's back from Robart. I had sent them a pair of Corsair 1/5th scale set of Robarst 148's to convert to electric. They did so at the rather expensive cost of $229.95. It would have been 45.00 dollars more but they threw in the labor cause I'm such a nice guy...........

Well, I can only tell you, at this point, I VERY DISAPOINTED.........I've only worked them on the bench and have already burnt up one actuator. With a 6.6 volt 2100 mah freshly charged LiFe, they take 11 seconds to extend and 10 seconds to retract...........that's very very slow after an engine quits, like a life time, if you know what I mean.......I'm gonna call Eric tomorrow, they've been closed all week and see if they'll help me with the actuator and try and figure out why their so dang slow......I'll report back.

Happyeeeee New Year guys, What a great hobby we're all involved in...............

CAPTAIN RON

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: captainron

Guys........

Just got my 148's back from Robart. I had sent them a pair of Corsair 1/5th scale set of Robarst 148's to convert to electric. They did so at the rather expensive cost of $229.95. It would have been 45.00 dollars more but they threw in the labor cause I'm such a nice guy...........

Well, I can only tell you, at this point, I VERY DISAPOINTED.........I've only worked them on the bench and have already burnt up one actuator. With a 6.6 volt 2100 mah freshly charged LiFe, they take 11 seconds to extend and 10 seconds to retract...........that's very very slow after an engine quits, like a life time, if you know what I mean.......I'm gonna call Eric tomorrow, they've been closed all week and see if they'll help me with the actuator and try and figure out why their so dang slow......I'll report back.

Happyeeeee New Year guys, What a great hobby we're all involved in...............

CAPTAIN RON
    This really sucks to here............

I been waiting for mine for a long, long time.. Please keep us posted on them Ron and let us know how it works out.........

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Yes sir Mustangman, I will. I'm anxious to get them installed in my ESM 85" Corsair.

JUST SAYIN, CAPTAIN RON

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

IT TOOK 6 WEEKS TO GET MY ELECTRIC CONVERSIONS FOR MY 50CC CORSAIR...THEY WORK GOOD...I ALMOST EXPECTED THEM NOT TO.SLOW,BUT NOT AS BAD AS ESMS..THE GOOD NEWS IS WHEN ITS DOWN,ITS DOWN...THE WINGS WILL RIP OFF BEFORE THE GEAR FOLDS

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

I got a question, I'm new to electric retracts... Can you change the cycle half way through it? If you know that the gear aren't gonna make it down in time but you already hit the switch and you have to land, can you reverse it, or does it have to cycle all the way down before it will go back up?

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

It will return when you toggle

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: easyschnucki

It will return when you toggle
    Thanks..........

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Hay Mustangman hows the p-47 build going? Tim

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

OK Guys,

I spoke with Eric this morning and as I had expected, he was very accomadating to my problems. He said, just send the actuator back and they would repair or replace it. I asked if they had had much problem with them and he replied very little.

As or the speed, It's just as simple as the more voltage, the faste they run. You can go up to a 9 volt LIPO and get some real speed. I'm gonna stick with the LiFe 6.6 volt 2100 mah, as it's already in the plane. Robart is a good company and we have to remember this electric stuff is new to them also. I just apprecaite them standing behind their product, as alot of companies out there these days don't have that kind of integrity.

CAPTAIN RON

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: captainron

OK Guys,

I spoke with Eric this morning and as I had expected, he was very accomadating to my problems. He said, just send the actuator back and they would repair or replace it. I asked if they had had much problem with them and he replied very little.

As or the speed, It's just as simple as the more voltage, the faste they run. You can go up to a 9 volt LIPO and get some real speed. I'm gonna stick with the LiFe 6.6 volt 2100 mah, as it's already in the plane. Robart is a good company and we have to remember this electric stuff is new to them also. I just apprecaite them standing behind their product, as alot of companies out there these days don't have that kind of integrity.

CAPTAIN RON
    Thanks for the update Ron, good to here.. Your 100% right about Robart and that's why I waited for my gear............

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Another Update for those die hard Robart Electrics retract owners and future owners......... A pic shows them in the wing of the ESM Corsair after many hours of trimming, tweaking, Cycling up and down a 100 times.........
    Ok, here's the results..

6 volt NmH 2500mah .............11 seconds down 10 seconds up

6.6 volt 2100 mah LiFe........9 seconds down and 9 seconds up.

7.4 volt 2s LIpo (which I will go with).... 8 seconds down and 8 seconds up.

This is definately no walk in the park installng these Robarts electrics. They have the Robart conversion flange on them also. Good Luck. I'm available for any questions.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Rp42991.jpg 
Views:	161 
Size:	66.1 KB 
ID:	1840012  

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

And what work required?

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Mike,
    There's really not a lot of heavy work or giant mods. I used the Robart flange mod so the gear rails would lay on teh exsisting wood in the wing. Otherwize the Robart are too small in width. Then it's just it's just a matter of some light trimming, positioning, adjusting. OH Yeah, don't forget the ordiginal Robarts are slightly short, so I had Robart also extend them with modified longer struts, I've got $329.00 invested in the Retracts that I already owned, plus freight shipping them back and forth.

Captain Ron

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast