Community
Search
Notices
RC Warbirds and Warplanes Discuss rc warbirds and warplanes in this forum.

top flite gs p-40

Search this Thread

Old 02-14-2012, 07:56 PM
CAURIMARE
My Feedback: (2)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default top flite gs p-40

hey guys a couple of question regarding this plane, I still dont have the plane in my hands but I want to get a couple of things in advance , I plan on putting a DA 50 you guys know what size stand off are needed? also I will be using a carbon fiber 3 blade prop a biela 20 x 10 black with yellow tips, please comment if you dont think this is a good choice in prop. Also which spinnerare you guys using for a 3 blade prop.
I used the search but didn't find anything.
thanks .
Old 02-15-2012, 09:51 AM
CAURIMARE

Default RE: top flite gs p-40

No body?
Old 02-15-2012, 10:11 AM
Mk23socom
My Feedback: (7)

I know several guys that would recommend staying with a wooden prop. Carbon fiber, being very strong and stiff could potentially bend the crankshaft in the event of a ground strike. I have never seen this happen nor have I known someone this has happened to but I don't keep the company of those that would use carbon props regularly(read 3D guys). I stick close with my warbird buddies and that is what they tell me. Since I do not know anyone that does 3D enough to use carbon props, I have no idea what their experience is with them.

Old 02-15-2012, 11:17 AM
CAURIMARE

As a matter of fact for 3d a wood prop is recommended and carbon fiber is usually for the IMAC crowd, anyways you know how it is everybody has an opinion. I 3d most of the time, i have a 35% and a 37.5 % set up for 3d but I always find the time for a warbir in this case is going to be the p-40.
I am aware of the props strike with the carbon fiber like you never seen it happens but I guess it could. I wanted to go with that prop just to keep it as scale as posible without me having to paint the prop, the finish on the biela is beatifull.