Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Warbirds and Warplanes
Reload this Page >

Black Horse Macchi C.200

Notices
RC Warbirds and Warplanes Discuss rc warbirds and warplanes in this forum.

Black Horse Macchi C.200

Old 05-11-2015, 10:14 AM
scubaozy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks for the tip. I have removed the springs and shortened them with my dremel. Now oleos travel much smoother.
Old 06-23-2015, 12:30 AM
scubaozy

Short video recorded with my phone, unfortunately it was out of memory so not recorded the landing.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vLTNt0HnAbI
Old 06-24-2015, 08:21 AM
paladin
My Feedback: (9)

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

looks great!

where was the landing? all is well I hope.

wish mine was ready but I have a roof and driveway and one room all under construction. soon I hope

Joe
Old 06-25-2015, 12:35 AM
scubaozy

Camera (i.e. iphone) run out of diskspace while recording, so the landing was not recorded. I have 6 flights same day and after last landing one of the aileron servos stopped functioning, luckily it didn't happen in the air. Other then that, previous repair holding out well. Canopy is super brittle, I had a noseover earlier and it was cracked badly. I taped it for now but I should probably find another solution to it.
Old 06-26-2015, 12:18 PM
paladin

all the canopy's from china area are brittle and impossible to find replacements. what I have done is used this stuff:

http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...&I=LXCX70&P=ML

between the cracks. or glue a peace of clear plastic (mylar) to the inside of the canopy so it fits between the canopy framing and use a clamp to hold things together till its dry. that method sometimes yields and opaque glass part of the canopy that looks pretty good.

looks pretty good

Joe
Old 06-27-2015, 12:50 AM
robc57

I'll vouch for Joe's method, my canopy looks like crazy paving up close but strips cut from clear packaging glued in with canopy glue are holding it all in shape.
Old 07-24-2015, 08:29 AM
paladin

last weekend I mounted the Aileron and flap servos to the plates, and put them in the wing. next I need to hook them to the surfaces, I noticed the ailerons are glued in and the flaps are not. seems odd to do one but not the other. am I not seeing something and the ailerons are not glued in either?

Joe
Old 07-24-2015, 11:12 AM
robc57

the ailerons, elevators and rudder are all hinged by wire rods running through ply tabs which are part of the structure so there are no hinges to glue on any of those.
Old 07-27-2015, 08:22 AM
paladin

thanks, I hope to finish the ailerons tonight and move on to the lg.

Joe
Old 07-27-2015, 09:46 PM
sparky4lawndart
My Feedback: (10)

If it hasn't been mentioned yet.. there's a fix you should do on the ailerons long hinge pin... if you lift the flaps you'll see a place to glue a small piece of thin ply or G10 to prevent that pin from working it's way out of the aileron...

for what its worth...
Old 07-28-2015, 07:18 AM
paladin

thanks. I saw that last night as filled it with a dab of shoe goo, so I can pull it out if I need to remove the aileron.

going to tackle the landing gear next. I can't believe they still put light ply in for landing gear mounts. I am an ME working in the aviation industry so I realize to put a good material in its place costs very little. why do we still see light ply here? the forward landing gear mount should be at a minimum marine ply. though I would prefer maple, but that would require beefing up the rib structure and significantly impact cost. replacing the light ply with marine ply would definitely increase the strength of the system without redesigning it. not that any manufacturers are listening.

Joe
Old 07-28-2015, 03:52 PM
sparky4lawndart
My Feedback: (10)

a long time ago I called the BH Models manufacturer in Vietnam begging for a couple spare kits... (the Wulf, this Macchi, and the SeaFury). After a long, difficult, discussion where English was an option I learned that he used spare wood from other parts of his business (furniture, and trinkets)... That's why some of the wood is pretty lame...
Old 07-30-2015, 07:45 AM
scubaozy

Couple of weeks ago, I had a bouncy landing and when it touched down second time (a bit harder but by no means too hard) the whole nose section snapped off and fell down. It was broken mostly from the glue points. It is repairable but I decided to discard the plane as I have enough of it. I don't think I will get another Black Horse. Paladin, if you are still building process, remember to epoxy the formers and add support wherever you can.

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0317.JPG
Views:	311
Size:	126.0 KB
ID:	2111873  
Old 07-31-2015, 12:38 AM
robc57

Mine has shown signs of cracking down from the front corner of the hatch cutout, and I've had to reinforce most of the laser cut 'stringer' that forms the hatch edge. I've epoxied and CA'd what I could but I won't be surprised if/when mine ends up like yours. The only option to preserve the model that I can see would be to strip it and cover it in glass cloth and epoxy, even then you still have a big stress raiser at the hatch front.
Old 08-03-2015, 10:55 PM
centauro

Hi Guys,
Just put in my 50th flight on the BH MC 200!
No problems just a little wear and tear...Wingspan retract holding up flawlessly, and so is the OS 120. Flies like a dream over and over again !!
Picking up a new one on Italy thru Piccole Ali...can't find them here and don't know if BH is still making it. P.A has a few in stock BUT shipping costs almost as much as a ticket to Italy !!

Cheers
Old 07-12-2017, 12:06 PM
paladin

well took a few years off, now this plane is just a few tasks from completion. I'm wondering if any of you can think back to what your CG was. the destructions say 91mm, not having measured it out yet that sounds like a forward CG for a plane this big?

Joe