Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

RE: What engine for my P51?

Well the maiden was a success! There was a good crosswind that was causing it to weather vane pretty bad until the tail started flying and would respond to my inputs. I think the tailwheel sucks. It doesnt have much traction, so the wind would just make it skid when I gave input to straighten the plane out. Anyone have a suggestion for a replacement?

It only took three clicks of right aileron and she was flying straight as an arrow. Its a nice flying plane and has a beautiful racy look with the gear up and the color scheme! The TT .61 PRO ran good and pulls the plane with plenty of power. Its actually a lot faster than I had expected (running a 11x7 Xoar). However, it was pretty hard to get slowed down on the approach. Even fast, it landed well. As I mentioned, the take off was the most difficult part of the flight, which usually isnt the case for me.

I had set the plane up with a little more throw than what was recommended, with some expo on each surface, except for the rudder. All in all, I'm very happy with this plane. Im glad I ran across it and was able to pick it up at half the cost.

Jeremy
    Attached Images Attached Images
    86" Aeroworks Extra 300, RCGF 60cc (under construction)
    70" Revolver, DLE20
    57" The World Models P-51, TT.61 pr

Excellent, glad it went well!
    What does THIS switch do......Uh ohhhh

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

As small as your tail wheel is not matter what its made of it won't be all that effective in a cross wind. Use up full elevator when taxiing. That will help.
    BobH.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

I want to get another tail wheel like the one on my Extra. It works nicely but doesn't have any labeling. Can someone tell me what brand this one is?

Thanks,
    Jeremy
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Nl30822.jpg 
Views:	4 
Size:	203.1 KB 
ID:	1757301  
    70" Revolver, DLE20

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Well Ive got 4 flights on Miss America. Two today. The only downside is trying to get it slowed down on approach. And ground handling isnt as good as my sport-aero planes since it doesnt have as much rudder surface area.

I switched to a 12x6 on the Thunder Tiger .61 pro. Much better pull than the 11x7. Good combo.

Even though the plane isnt the lightest, nor is the engine;much to my surprise, the TT Pro with the 12x6 seems to have unlimited vertical. If its not unlimited, it climbs vertically from low altitude to a height in which I dont feel comfortable going any higher because I can't see it well. Im pretty impressed. Im glad I went with the TT Pro over both the 46 and 55 ax. I ran the 55ax in my Extra for the first time today. Its a good motor, but it cant swing the 12x6 at nearly the RPM as the Pro .61. So I made the best decision by putting those motors in those planes.

This is a cool and really fun plane!

Name:	Mk26822.jpg 
Views:	2 
Size:	51.1 KB 
ID:	1760082   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Pk31437.jpg 
Size:	44.7 KB 
ID:	1760083   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Af88439.jpg 
Views:	3 
Size:	84.3 KB 
ID:	1760084  
    70" Revolver, DLE20

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

I took a little page outta tsawyer's book. When the plane is far away, it can get a little difficult to tell the difference between the top and the bottom of the wing. I was going to do white stripes kinda like D-day invasion stripes, but I saw the checkered pattern that I thought would look pretty cool.

I was going to do the entire bottom of the wing, but it would have used the whole roll of ultracote. And at 26 bucks a roll, I wanted to save some just incase I wanted to use it on another project. It should still be plenty to give a good differential.

After I started applying the covering to the left wing, I realized that I forgot to trim it in the middle of the squares like I did to the other side. So it gives the illusion that the squares are smaller on the right wing than on the left wing. But it doesn't look bad. Plus its not like its something that is going to be facing up so it will seen all the time.

Jeremy

Name:	Om32723.jpg 
Size:	223.7 KB 
ID:	1762798  
    70" Revolver, DLE20

Looks great Jeremy, glad it is performing well.
    What does THIS switch do......Uh ohhhh

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123