Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Warbirds and Warplanes
Reload this Page >

Memorial Day R/C Warbird Show/ Event near Kalamazoo, MI

Community
Search
Notices
RC Warbirds and Warplanes Discuss rc warbirds and warplanes in this forum.

Memorial Day R/C Warbird Show/ Event near Kalamazoo, MI

Search this Thread

Old 05-14-2012, 04:14 AM
CorsairJock
My Feedback: (90)

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Default Memorial Day R/C Warbird Show/ Event near Kalamazoo, MI

Finally: a Warbird Show on a day so very deserving of one. The ThunderBirds R/C Club of Kalamazoo, Michigan, is hosting a Memorial Day (Monday, May 28, 2012) Warbird Show at the River Oak County Park flying site, located east of Kalamazoo on M-96.

Pilots meeting at 9:30 AM, flying starts at 10:00 AM, lasts until the last pilot leaves.

Landing fee of $5 per pilot includes a free meal and beverage. Pilots MUST have current A.M.A.cards. There ARE size restrictions: any aircraft which is intended to fly cannot exceed an empty weight (empty meaning no fuel) of 15 lbs. We will have scales to check. Also, wingspan cannot exceed 78". This may seem restrictive, but just about ANY ' 60 size' Warbird would be OK, and some slightly bigger ones too. We have a nice, 300'+ long grass runway, and relatively un-obstructed pattern, but have a hi-way (M-96) on one border, softball diamonds on another which restict how large the aircraft can be that fly there.

Spectators welcome! Veterans and current military personel are encouraged to attend, and will recieve FREE meal and beverage.

Easy access from I-94: turn north from Exit 85/ 35th Street and continue on 35th st until you reach a traffic light at M-96/ Michigan Ave, about 1 mile from the exit.
Turn left/ west onto M-96/ Michigan Ave. Park entrance is about 1 mile from the traffic light, on the left (south) side, just past the 33rd Street intersection which is on the right side (33rd St "T"s into M-96).

Here is the link to the FaceBook "Event":
https://www.facebook.com/#!/events/352390308158913/
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Bz78981.jpg
Views:	16
Size:	335.4 KB
ID:	1762538  
Old 05-18-2012, 03:34 AM
CorsairJock

Default RE: Memorial Day R/C Warbird Show/ Event near Kalamazoo, MI

ThunderBird member Don Myer just maidened his electric powered Royal B-17, here is short video of fly-by:

https://www.facebook.com/groups/135539303218588/#!/photo.php?v=4011895103758

Combined with my own electric powered B-17, we COULD try a small formation fly-by at the show.
Old 05-20-2012, 03:23 AM
CorsairJock

Default RE: Memorial Day R/C Warbird Show/ Event near Kalamazoo, MI

1 week, 1 day to go. Long range weather forecast looking EXCELLENT:
http://www.weather.com/weather/wxdetail8/USMI0319