Community
Search
Notices
RC Warbirds and Warplanes Discuss rc warbirds and warplanes in this forum.

F4u-5 Hulk!!!

Search this Thread

Old 09-02-2003, 12:13 AM
tim thompson

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default F4u-5 Hulk!!!

I was flying my p-47 the other day when this older gentleman and his grandson rode up on bikes. He was tell ing me how the jug brought back memories. He then told me a story of a Corsair that made an emergency landing in a open field near my hometown in 1947. As of 1967 she was still there, the field was turned into a junkyard! The yard exists and I am planning on doing some research. If I could by the hulk cheap and sell it to the right people I would never have to work again. I remember seeing the aircraft when I was a kid it was a corsair and the star and bar had the red stripe. Said US marines on the fuse. Keep you guys informed

Tim
Old 09-02-2003, 12:52 AM
mdugas
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default f4u

sounds good ,dont let the navy find out youre going
to sell there airplane seems marines keep forgetting to return borrowed items if in junk yard you might get it for
price of scrap aluminun though .sold by lb [cheap]
barnstormer.com good place to buy and sell warbirds and
prts
so is trade a plane
dont be surprised if the first ones to answer youre add are
feds sent by navy to get there aircraft though
good luck
mike
Old 09-02-2003, 12:55 PM
scottrc

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts
Default F4u-5 Hulk!!!

Good luck, you may find some pieces buried in the dirt that are worth something. A guy found a hulk a few years ago in a scrap yard in Kansas City and was able to sell the pieces for a good profit. If anything, either to be used as patterns for new parts or be bought by warbird junk collectors.

I watched a tail wheel gear door for an F4U4 go for over $400.00 on ebay. The tail wheel was t $150.00 the last time I looked but didn't see what it finally sold for.