Community
Search
Notices
RC Warbirds and Warplanes Discuss rc warbirds and warplanes in this forum.

WW1 Fighters

Search this Thread

Old 07-23-2013, 12:33 PM
Cal Branton
My Feedback: (17)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: WW1 Fighters

Here is a picture of my 1/3 scale Fokker D VI built by Carey Hook from a Glenn Torrance kit.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Ax72764.jpg
Views:	26
Size:	111.2 KB
ID:	1903396  
Old 05-26-2015, 06:37 PM
Jaybird

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Finished up my BUSA 1/6 scale nieuport 28C to the point of being flyable during the week but had to wait until early Monday morning for anything less than 15-20 mph gusty winds! This morning it was overcast and a light breeze out of the south-southwest. I had a couple of hours to try and test fly before family arrived for memorial day activities. I had gotten the engine running well the day before but it wasn't happy when I tried it at the field. It took a while to remove the cowling to make adjustments but after that it ran better. The KVMA club photographer was there and got some in flight pictures and made a wonderful video (thanks Joe!). It needed a fair amount of down trim to keep it from climbing but other than that it was pretty well set. It certainly isn't overpowered with the Saito 50 but it may need further adjustment and tuning. Landing was pretty straight forward and didn't seem to want to nose over as my other WWI planes do.

Video can be found here. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WHk7...ature=youtu.be

Jaybird
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_5537.JPG
Views:	30
Size:	3.25 MB
ID:	2098883   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC00854.jpg
Views:	27
Size:	131.7 KB
ID:	2098884   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC00862.jpg