Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Warbirds and Warplanes
Reload this Page >

Vance Moser Westland Whirlwind

Notices
RC Warbirds and Warplanes Discuss rc warbirds and warplanes in this forum.

Vance Moser Westland Whirlwind

Old 06-12-2012, 10:47 AM
LA7flier
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Vance Moser Westland Whirlwind

Does anybody know of a kit cutter that has the cutting files for this plane and is able to cut a kit? When Vance died, the plane largely disappeared. I have a plan set but would like to get a kit cut of it to build.
Old 06-12-2012, 03:22 PM
invertmast
My Feedback: (23)

Received 223 Likes on 114 Posts
Default RE: Vance Moser Westland Whirlwind

I think the guy who own's warbird colors is now the owner of the mosher stuff, so you might get lucky and ask him.
Old 06-12-2012, 07:41 PM
JGrc
My Feedback: (29)

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Chuck Graves from Warbird colors now owns Vanguard models http://www.vanvan.us/
I believe the Wirldwind is in the process of being released.
Go to http://www.rcscalebuilder.com/forum/...sp?FID=31&PN=1
for more info.

JG
Old 06-13-2012, 03:20 AM
carlbecker
My Feedback: (3)

I was hoping to see the prototype at Warbirds over Georgia. I spoke to the guys that have the proto and it will be some time before it is ready. Chuck Graves would be the person to talk to about short kits and glass parts. What a lovely twin! Electric would be prettier but I will have to stick with glow.
Old 06-14-2012, 03:10 AM
LA7flier

ORIGINAL: carlbecker

I was hoping to see the prototype at Warbirds over Georgia. I spoke to the guys that have the proto and it will be some time before it is ready. Chuck Graves would be the person to talk to about short kits and glass parts. What a lovely twin! Electric would be prettier but I will have to stick with glow.
Unfortunately, chuck graves doesnt answer any inquiries regarding this plane ( at least from me). I had hoped to do this as a big electric twin but didn't want to cut the kit myself. All I could ever get from chuck was a plan set and a disc of construction pics....thanks for the suggestions, all
Old 06-14-2012, 03:54 AM
carlbecker

Looks like you will have to have some patience. I know Chuck has a full time job. Not making any excuses but several smaller companies lack quick response. Recently I have even had problems contacting Robart, unlike when Rob Walker was still there. My experience had been they under promise and over deliver, a practice I personally love to use.
Old 06-14-2012, 06:59 AM
LA7flier

ORIGINAL: carlbecker

Looks like you will have to have some patience. I know Chuck has a full time job. Not making any excuses but several smaller companies lack quick response. Recently I have even had problems contacting Robart, unlike when Rob Walker was still there. My experience had been they under promise and over deliver, a practice I personally love to use.
I know...patience....we hear it all the time about vendors who don't seem interested in running a business...if we all wait long enough being "patient" , we will be dead
Old 06-14-2012, 09:03 AM
carlbecker

I don't have much patience myself. The only thing I have going are a few planes to be built before I consider starting the Whirlwind. If I wanted one that bad I would cut the parts myself. When I get to a 88" Macchi C200 that will be the case.

Unfortunately slow happens and Chuck is by far not the only one.
Old 06-14-2012, 11:56 AM
invertmast
My Feedback: (23)

Received 223 Likes on 114 Posts

Im sure if you guys buy the plans and make the plugs, you could someone/someplace to mold and supply the fiberglass parts.
Old 06-14-2012, 01:54 PM
LA7flier

ORIGINAL: invertmast

Im sure if you guys buy the plans and make the plugs, you could someone/someplace to mold and supply the fiberglass parts.
I'm not worried about the f/g parts...they can be easily molded but I really would like a kit cutter who can do all the intricate lasar cutting since Vance did such a great job on the layout and even he stated that he could not recommend building this plane without lasar cut parts. This is why I'm trying to locate someone who can lasar cut this kit for me. It is a high priority project that is just dying to be done.
Old 06-14-2012, 09:00 PM
JGrc
My Feedback: (29)

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

ORIGINAL: LA7flier

ORIGINAL: invertmast

I'm not worried about the f/g parts...they can be easily molded ..............
Easily molded? cowls, nacelles, gear doors, nose cone, T-tail cone, canopy...........

JG