Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Warbirds and Warplanes
Reload this Page >

BYRON P51 reduction gear

Community
Search
Notices
RC Warbirds and Warplanes Discuss rc warbirds and warplanes in this forum.

BYRON P51 reduction gear

Search this Thread

Old 06-23-2012, 05:29 PM
comanche260c

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default BYRON P51 reduction gear

Anyone know where I can get the 2 bearings in the BYRON P51gear reduction unit. I am looking for 2 new ones EDDIE 631 445 1972
Old 06-23-2012, 06:54 PM
Dash7ATP

Default RE: BYRON P51 reduction gear

ORIGINAL: comanche260c

Anyone know where I can get the 2 bearings in the BYRON P51gear reduction unit. I am looking for 2 new ones EDDIE 631 445 1972
It's porobably just a standard bearing. Give Boca Bearings a call. They should have a number on them or you can measure them.

Dash
Old 06-23-2012, 07:02 PM
comanche260c

i hope so thank you i will look them up
Old 06-25-2012, 01:48 PM
comanche260c

BYRONP51 Gear reduction bearings. Found a bearing place that has these bearings.the 2 bearings are numbers S5pp they go in the support arms that are inline with the enging shaft.....http://www.locateballbearings.com/?g...FUFo4AodYydl2QThey were made by FAFNIR. Another number was made by NINGBO #180901b-c these are the same but couldnt find the ningo one, it was in front .Looks like someone changed the front one while back. The S5pp by Fafnir looks like original.Good luck if any one needs these EDDIE. Also i must add my bearing close to the engine wasnt turning on inside so check yours if its apart.Move the prop and see if inner ring moves,I had to remove rubber conector than slide the small piece out that has plastic piece on one endand grind a wee bit off the opposite endso when its connected to enging shaftit grabs the inner bearing ring. If yours inner bearing doesnt turn grind a wee bit off. You will see what i mean if yours is apart.The rubber connector was bought at a hydraulic shop hydraulic hose#6 wire is inside hose.IT has a inside diameter or 1/2inch ED