RC Warbirds and Warplanes Discuss rc warbirds and warplanes in this forum.

TF FW190 A3 ARF

Reply
Old 07-31-2012, 06:06 PM
  #76
Mpizpilot
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Wading River, NY
Posts: 977
Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default RE: TF FW190 A3 ARF


Quote:
ORIGINAL: kahloq

Hey Ram....

Im in need of a canopy for the 71'' 190. No one has spares and fiberglass specialties doesnt make anything close enough in size. Got any ideas?

http://www.rcuniverse.com/market/item.cfm?itemId=860603
Mpizpilot is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2012, 08:14 PM
  #77
n8622t
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Springdale, AR
Posts: 2,936
Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default RE: TF FW190 A3 ARF


Quote:
ORIGINAL: Ramstein44

Quote:
ORIGINAL: n8622t

Here is a question, do you go with Inzpan or Iflytailies for the cockpit

Jimmy
I'd go with Iflytailies if you want to see it anytime soon. I've purchased several cockpits from them and have had nothing but good experiences! The cockpit kit from Inzpan took seven weeks to get. One was lost in route.

I'd wait until the ARF comes out before jumping the gun on the cockpit.. Until we can test fit one be it that the ARF is in between both scales.
OK RAM...Im going with you on this one. I have a FW190 panel kit from Iflytailies and its a very nice piece so I will at least have that to fit into the cockpit.

Jimmy
n8622t is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2012, 08:19 PM
  #78
n8622t
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Springdale, AR
Posts: 2,936
Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default RE: TF FW190 A3 ARF


Quote:
ORIGINAL: hellcat56

LETS all just talk about the model

Talk about the plane isnt that is why you are on this thread

I have a small 70 inch 190
I will be getting one of these
BUT
will robarts be air or Electric?
both are available for backorder at this time with tower hobbies...just go to robart air retracts on the tower search

Jimmy
n8622t is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2012, 09:16 AM
  #79
RICK9303
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: , NY
Posts: 242
Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default RE: TF FW190 A3 ARF

To all interested, Tower just posted some specs on the plane, no manual, but size, engine and a few other notes.

Rick
RICK9303 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2012, 03:14 AM
  #80
oliveDrab
 
oliveDrab's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Georgetown, KY
Posts: 749
Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default RE: TF FW190 A3 ARF


Quote:
ORIGINAL: n8622t

I personally won't follow the Gov't lead on this PC crap....Swastika's were created 70 years ago so let's not try to change history on account of a few people's feelings.
I will never place a swastika on my German planes. Never.
oliveDrab is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2012, 03:19 AM
  #81
Lifer
 
Lifer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Kansas City, MO
Posts: 3,866
Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default RE: TF FW190 A3 ARF

Swastikas are much older than that. They were a symbol of good luck until the Nazi's used them as a symbol to bolster the spirit of the German people climbing out of a depression. Of course, now they carry a permanent stigma as a sign of deep evil.
Lifer is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2012, 05:11 AM
  #82
oliveDrab
 
oliveDrab's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Georgetown, KY
Posts: 749
Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default RE: TF FW190 A3 ARF

At the Gilchrist museum in Tulsa, Oklahoma there's a picture of an Indian village. There is a swastika on the side of a teepee. Yes it's true that the swastika did not originate with Nazi Germany. It also appears in India.

oliveDrab is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2012, 07:11 AM
  #83
check6ii
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Christiana, TN
Posts: 366
Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default RE: TF FW190 A3 ARF

The subject is of an aircraft, not a symbol. Please stick to the subject matter
check6ii is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2012, 07:35 AM
  #84
tfarmer96
 
tfarmer96's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Wylie, TX
Posts: 1,883
Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default RE: TF FW190 A3 ARF


Quote:
ORIGINAL: check6ii

The subject is of an aircraft, not a symbol. Please stick to the subject matter

I agree lets get back on subject.
tfarmer96 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2012, 02:25 PM
  #85
hellcat56
 
hellcat56's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Hurst, TX
Posts: 726
Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default RE: TF FW190 A3 ARF

Just when I think I have enough planes and I dont want any more
ANOTHER one comes out that i cant live without
I will be getting one of these BIG bad boys

with the ME 109 and FW 190

The paint jobs are almost unlimited- I usually try to find a scheme that is not common
here is a shot of my 70in 190 russian winter not the usual paint job

if they come out in time-lets have gathering at the Warbirds over Texas 2013 June 14-16 for the most unusual 190

Whatever you build it is GREAT to have a distriubtor bring out a NEW KIT

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Db84220.jpg
Views:	15
Size:	21.3 KB
ID:	1794083  
hellcat56 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2012, 06:13 PM
  #86
Nordicz
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Owatonna, MN
Posts: 226
Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default RE: TF FW190 A3 ARF

I seen the TF FW190 in action at Fond Du Lac this past weekend.

The plane was set up with a DLE 55 and was a rocket ship.
The Hobbico respresentatives put on an impressive demonstration of it's abilities and I can say it not only looks the part but fly's extremely well. My only negative comment is that the DLE 55 at full throttle makes this thing zip around like a .40 size on steroids.

The plane resembleded a typical Top Flight flyer. Nimble, precise and very stable no bad habits.

The assembly is very similar to the P-47 ARC and ARF with a nice Hatch/Cockpit access up front. The Air Tank is positioned like the P-47 and all of the switches and Air filler are pre-cut in the same location.

For those who would like to convert to electric this should be no problem. Plenty of room and good access.

Nice scheme but it is common for many. If I was to do it myself I would strip the covering, glass it and do my own scheme.

The Airframe is solid and it fly's extremely well.

Z
Nordicz is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2012, 06:43 PM
  #87
tfarmer96
 
tfarmer96's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Wylie, TX
Posts: 1,883
Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default RE: TF FW190 A3 ARF

this thing i would bet is smoking fast with that 55. I have a sist i put a da 50 in and its smoking fast, but i had to add 4 lbs of lead to the nose. im going to add more motor even though the 85 will be over kill. And the hood guns that come with it simply will need an upgrade


http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E1OGX...layer_embedded
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Sq45972.jpg
Views:	19
Size:	34.1 KB
ID:	1794168  
tfarmer96 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2012, 07:42 PM
  #88
jeffk464
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Lehi, UT
Posts: 1,692
Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default RE: TF FW190 A3 ARF


Quote:
ORIGINAL: Nordicz

I seen the TF FW190 in action at Fond Du Lac this past weekend.

The plane was set up with a DLE 55 and was a rocket ship.
The Hobbico respresentatives put on an impressive demonstration of it's abilities and I can say it not only looks the part but fly's extremely well. My only negative comment is that the DLE 55 at full throttle makes this thing zip around like a .40 size on steroids.

The plane resembleded a typical Top Flight flyer. Nimble, precise and very stable no bad habits.

The assembly is very similar to the P-47 ARC and ARF with a nice Hatch/Cockpit access up front. The Air Tank is positioned like the P-47 and all of the switches and Air filler are pre-cut in the same location.

For those who would like to convert to electric this should be no problem. Plenty of room and good access.

Nice scheme but it is common for many. If I was to do it myself I would strip the covering, glass it and do my own scheme.

The Airframe is solid and it fly's extremely well.

Z
What speed would you estimate?
jeffk464 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2012, 09:04 PM
  #89
n8622t
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Springdale, AR
Posts: 2,936
Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default RE: TF FW190 A3 ARF

Terry this plane may have a tail weight problem like you mentioned which could explain why the tailwheel option is a lighter Robart 160

Jimmy
n8622t is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2012, 12:52 AM
  #90
Thunderbolt47
 
Thunderbolt47's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Beulaville , NC
Posts: 2,143
Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default RE: TF FW190 A3 ARF

You can alway speed up or slow down any plane with "proper" propeller selection. Engine size doesn't have much to do with it. (as long as the engine is capable of flying the plane to start with).

I've notice the Top-Flite demo guys like speed. Me too.
Thunderbolt47 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2012, 05:55 AM
  #91
glazier808
 
glazier808's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Honolulu , HI
Posts: 3,983
Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default RE: TF FW190 A3 ARF

Terry,

The early style gun hood that it comes with is actually fairly close. The one you're showing there is for the A7 or A8. Unless your changing what model it is.

Nate I think you're correct about the tail wheel. This bird will take everything as far forward as you can get and that still probably won't be enough to balance. I've been surprised with my Holman A8, that even if I put my two 5cell batteries(electric) in front of the firewall, I'd still need more weight to balance.

Casey
glazier808 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2012, 07:27 AM
  #92
cocobear
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Perrysburg , OH
Posts: 950
Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default RE: TF FW190 A3 ARF

The plane is overall very accurate to scale. The only real cheat was the horizontal stab and that was not excessive. Just taking the snap out of a stall:-)
cocobear is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2012, 07:31 AM
  #93
tfarmer96
 
tfarmer96's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Wylie, TX
Posts: 1,883
Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default RE: TF FW190 A3 ARF

Quote:
ORIGINAL: glazier808

Terry,

The early style gun hood that it comes with is actually fairly close. The one you're showing there is for the A7 or A8. Unless your changing what model it is.

Nate I think you're correct about the tail wheel. This bird will take everything as far forward as you can get and that still probably won't be enough to balance. I've been surprised with my Holman A8, that even if I put my two 5cell batteries(electric) in front of the firewall, I'd still need more weight to balance.

Casey
Ya thats off my a 8 project. But check out the hood guns they are putting in the kit...they are just tubes that surpised me.
tfarmer96 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2012, 08:07 AM
  #94
F4u5
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Location: Apple Valley, MN
Posts: 3,230
Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default RE: TF FW190 A3 ARF

Quote:
ORIGINAL: oliveDrab


Quote:
ORIGINAL: n8622t

I personally won't follow the Gov't lead on this PC crap....Swastika's were created 70 years ago so let's not try to change history on account of a few people's feelings.
I will never place a swastika on my German planes. Never.
Then you are looking at it all wrong. It's about historical accuracy here...not a political statment. If you will never put a swastika on your airplane, then that is fine. Just never build a plane that carried one.

As for the plane, I am looking at getting one to bang around. They were demmo'ing one at Fond Du Lac, Dang if that thing was not approaching 90-100 mph with the 55 in it.

Jeff
F4u5 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2012, 09:27 AM
  #95
glazier808
 
glazier808's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Honolulu , HI
Posts: 3,983
Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default RE: TF FW190 A3 ARF


Quote:
ORIGINAL: tfarmer96

Quote:
ORIGINAL: glazier808

Terry,

The early style gun hood that it comes with is actually fairly close. The one you're showing there is for the A7 or A8. Unless your changing what model it is.

Nate I think you're correct about the tail wheel. This bird will take everything as far forward as you can get and that still probably won't be enough to balance. I've been surprised with my Holman A8, that even if I put my two 5cell batteries(electric) in front of the firewall, I'd still need more weight to balance.

Casey
Ya thats off my a 8 project. But check out the hood guns they are putting in the kit...they are just tubes that surpised me.

Missed seeing that, the flying prototype looked good. I'll have too look again alittle closer at the gun hood

Casey
glazier808 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2012, 10:02 AM
  #96
tfarmer96
 
tfarmer96's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Wylie, TX
Posts: 1,883
Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default RE: TF FW190 A3 ARF


Quote:
ORIGINAL: glazier808


Quote:
ORIGINAL: tfarmer96

Quote:
ORIGINAL: glazier808

Terry,

The early style gun hood that it comes with is actually fairly close. The one you're showing there is for the A7 or A8. Unless your changing what model it is.

Nate I think you're correct about the tail wheel. This bird will take everything as far forward as you can get and that still probably won't be enough to balance. I've been surprised with my Holman A8, that even if I put my two 5cell batteries(electric) in front of the firewall, I'd still need more weight to balance.

Casey
Ya thats off my a 8 project. But check out the hood guns they are putting in the kit...they are just tubes that surpised me.

Missed seeing that, the flying prototype looked good. I'll have too look again alittle closer at the gun hood

Casey

The hood looks good its the guns that suck. I will make a mold for an A8 gun good for this bird. i have looked and to be up front they did a good job so i dont have a buch of mods for it. The only other thing i might do is make functioning gear covers. I have a feeling the fact the lower half is so large they need to be able to move up and down.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Vs55551.jpg
Views:	18
Size:	30.4 KB
ID:	1794409  
tfarmer96 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2012, 10:34 AM
  #97
Ramstein44
 
Ramstein44's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Aurora, CO
Posts: 2,113
Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default RE: TF FW190 A3 ARF

Quote:
ORIGINAL: n8622t


Quote:
ORIGINAL: Ramstein44

Quote:
ORIGINAL: n8622t

Here is a question, do you go with Inzpan or Iflytailies for the cockpit

Jimmy
I'd go with Iflytailies if you want to see it anytime soon. I've purchased several cockpits from them and have had nothing but good experiences! The cockpit kit from Inzpan took seven weeks to get. One was lost in route.

I'd wait until the ARF comes out before jumping the gun on the cockpit.. Until we can test fit one be it that the ARF is in between both scales.
OK RAM...Im going with you on this one. I have a FW190 panel kit from Iflytailies and its a very nice piece so I will at least have that to fit into the cockpit.

Jimmy
Since I have nothing but time on my hands, waiting for all of you to do the dirty work. I'll be slowly building and detailing my cockpit. I hope this will fit. If not, it'll at least be done for my Holman Anton.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Mk27567.jpg
Views:	33
Size:	48.2 KB
ID:	1794411  
Ramstein44 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2012, 11:24 AM
  #98
wallace.tharp
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Buckeye, AZ
Posts: 272
Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default RE: TF FW190 A3 ARF

Anybody electrify one yet? If so, what weight and set up? Also, still looking for a Sig P-51B ARF, NIB if possible, or new assembled in AZ. Wallace Tharp
wallace.tharp is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2012, 02:00 PM
  #99
wulf190
 
wulf190's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: joliet, IL
Posts: 1,589
Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default RE: TF FW190 A3 ARF

Yeah, I would agree with Jeff, probably I would guess about 100mph with the DLE in it.....fast enough to make low passes ripping down the runway for sure. Having seen it, I would recommend against going with something like the 85, even if some nose weight is required with the 55. It would be silly power and there's too much throttle that would never be used in any condition really, so probably not only hard on the airframe, but silly to spend that much extra money for something that would never be used. Weight is a lot cheaper than more un-needed power, and there was certainly un-needed power with the 55 in there. It was a great combo with the 55...could fly it scale or make as big of loops as one would desire. A DA 60 would be a better choice if you still want even crazier power than the 55 offered.
wulf190 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2012, 02:18 PM
  #100
Thunderbolt47
 
Thunderbolt47's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Beulaville , NC
Posts: 2,143
Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default RE: TF FW190 A3 ARF

85s swing really big 3blade props. Looks real good on the T-F birds
Thunderbolt47 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -8. The time now is 11:08 PM.