Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Warbirds and Warplanes
Reload this Page >

TF FW190 GIANT ARF

Community
Search
Notices
RC Warbirds and Warplanes Discuss rc warbirds and warplanes in this forum.

TF FW190 GIANT ARF

Search this Thread

Old 10-08-2013, 06:25 PM
tfarmer96

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I think ill call it my baby moki because its going in the baby wulf
Old 10-08-2013, 06:27 PM
n8622t
My Feedback: (8)

Received 40 Likes on 36 Posts

Forming a baby Wulf Pack
Old 10-08-2013, 06:38 PM
kahloq

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Kwik......Rammstein fitted the sierra gear in the Tf fw190. While not drop in, it didn't seem to be overly hard.
Old 10-08-2013, 07:15 PM
FokkerD7
My Feedback: (5)

Originally Posted by Ramstein44
You're paying for that covering so why not put it to use. I'm sure, like many other giant arfs from Topflite, this too will later be available as a RTC. I'll paint this one and later buy the arc and make it more unique..
Ramstein 44 Seen your wishes on a RTC 190. I have one if you are interested let me know.
Old 10-08-2013, 07:31 PM
Ramstein44
My Feedback: (157)

Originally Posted by kahloq
Kwik......Rammstein fitted the sierra gear in the Tf fw190. While not drop in, it didn't seem to be overly hard.
You only seen so much of the efforts to install the Sierra retracts, it's a lot more detailed then you think. Obviously doable but still a lot of efforts. I made the templates to do it again which is half the battle. I'll be doing it again from the looks of things..
Old 10-08-2013, 07:32 PM
Ramstein44
My Feedback: (157)

Originally Posted by FokkerD7
Ramstein 44 Seen your wishes on a RTC 190. I have one if you are interested let me know.
PM me.
Old 10-08-2013, 07:59 PM
robart-joe

Originally Posted by dasintex
Manfred; I posted this very question and sent an E-Mail to Customer Support at Robart last week, and I have not gottten a reply, I also have NIB Set of FW190 Pnuematic retracts that I would like to upgrade as well, I'm beginning to think that Joe and Robarts would rather avoid this because if they upgrade one set they will have to upgrade a bunch,I'd be willing to pay for an Upgrade, something that I wish they would consider.
We are not avoiding the issue. If someone wants to upgrade their gear with additional components, we are selling the parts to do so and answered any questions as best we can. This "Upgrade" was spec'd and tested by a customer and never developed here at Robart. We will not be changing future gear either.

When we work with a manufacturing to spec a landing gear, we provide physical units for testing in the kit. This gear was tested thoroughly by multiple pilots and in multiple kits. There was never a concern of parts bending under normal use. As many of you are aware, a landing gear is only as strong as its weakest component (Chain and the weakest link comparison). If we make the gear indestructible, the entire gear will be ripped out of your wings, causing much more damage. Those people re-enforcing their gear now run the risk of shock loads being transferred to the mounting rails and who knows what else.. If people are interested, I can post the parts required and their cost tomorrow when I am back in the office.
Old 10-09-2013, 02:37 AM
BJ64

Originally Posted by kwik
Have a look at time 0:41 here; No damage to gear or wing;

( Except one of the gear links was torn apart; Replaced with a steel link now. an upgrade from Sierra)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5j8YEdzmmas

I think you got away with that quite nicely

...could soooo easily have dug a wing-tip in and cart-wheeled on you

BJ
Old 10-09-2013, 03:16 AM
SteveD-RCU
My Feedback: (2)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by robart-joe
We are not avoiding the issue. If someone wants to upgrade their gear with additional components, we are selling the parts to do so and answered any questions as best we can. This "Upgrade" was spec'd and tested by a customer and never developed here at Robart. We will not be changing future gear either.

When we work with a manufacturing to spec a landing gear, we provide physical units for testing in the kit. This gear was tested thoroughly by multiple pilots and in multiple kits. There was never a concern of parts bending under normal use. As many of you are aware, a landing gear is only as strong as its weakest component (Chain and the weakest link comparison). If we make the gear indestructible, the entire gear will be ripped out of your wings, causing much more damage. Those people re-enforcing their gear now run the risk of shock loads being transferred to the mounting rails and who knows what else.. If people are interested, I can post the parts required and their cost tomorrow when I am back in the office.
Thanks Joe,its good to know these will be available if needed..
Old 10-09-2013, 04:17 AM
dasintex
My Feedback: (10)

Originally Posted by robart-joe

Joe;

Appreciate the reply, I am interested in the parts, I am a little bit confused though; you stated that "no changes will be made in future gear" my question is that in an earlier post you said the following "The electric trunion is now CNC machined and uses set screws instead of the slit tube and clamp screw. These have offered much higher precision. As we use up stock of the standard pneumatic trunion, this electric trunion (double pins and set screws) will be used in both gear"; is this a 'change' for future Gear or just 'available upgrades'? I am interested in this change/upgrade and does it use double cam blocks, one on either side of the Strut; anyways looking forward to your posting of the parts required for an upgrade, and I agree with you fully that the Gear is designed to act as the weakest link in abnormal operating conditions to save more extensive damage to the wing, it's just that some have stated and posted that the gear failed under normal or less than extensive abnormal use.

Last edited by dasintex; 10-09-2013 at 04:32 AM.
Old 10-09-2013, 04:33 AM
robart-joe

Joe;

Appreciate the reply, I am interested in the parts, I am a little bit confused though; you stated that' no changes will be made in future gear' are saying all gear or just the FW190 Gear? my question is that in an earlier post you said the following "The electric trunion is now CNC machined and uses set screws instead of the slit tube and clamp screw. These have offered much higher precision. As we use up stock of the standard pneumatic trunion, this electric trunion (double pins and set screws) will be used in both gear"; is this a change for future Gear? I am interested in this change and does it use double cam blocks, one on either side of the Strut; anyways looking forward to your posting of the parts required for an upgrade, and I agree with you fully that the Gear is designed to act as the weakest link in abnormal operating conditions to save more extensive damage to the wing, it's just that some have stated and posted that the gear failed under less than extensive abnormal use.
The double pin trunion will be used in the future as the change is implemented (Older parts consumed). This does not use a second plastic housing block (Cam Block). We had a small batch of trunions that were manually drill (Modified existing style trunions) and sent out as spare parts. These trunions we out of spec and are being replaced as soon as we can contact customers.
Old 10-09-2013, 06:57 AM
FlyandMighty

Kwik

thanks for the pictures of your baffling. (fg57t) I have solved my overheating by using much the same method though I am still using the original cowl mounts. One question I have is; do you make allowances for fresh air to the air intake of the carb? I believe I am getting warm or possibly hot air into the the carb because the carb is pointed right where the air outlet for the cooling is. engine runs well but does have the occasional cutting out though never quitting.

F&M

Last edited by FlyandMighty; 10-09-2013 at 07:25 AM.
Old 10-09-2013, 08:48 AM
cyphur01

Terry. I have to see the engine when you get that thing in. Give me a shout sometime.
Nick
Old 10-09-2013, 10:14 AM
tfarmer96

Originally Posted by cyphur01
Terry. I have to see the engine when you get that thing in. Give me a shout sometime.
Nick
I think this would make your dad real happy. Im going to strip off the covering and glass the plane this motor goes in.
Old 10-09-2013, 12:52 PM
SteveD-RCU

Originally Posted by tfarmer96
I think this would make your dad real happy. Im going to strip off the covering and glass the plane this motor goes in.
Did Horizon say when they will get these in stock Terry?
Old 10-09-2013, 02:28 PM
tfarmer96

Originally Posted by SteveD-RCU
Did Horizon say when they will get these in stock Terry?

They did not officially but the rumor is November. what ever that means right?
Old 10-09-2013, 02:52 PM
SteveD-RCU

Originally Posted by tfarmer96
They did not officially but the rumor is November. what ever that means right?
Yes ..I'm thinking before Xmas..maybe
Old 10-09-2013, 03:07 PM
tfarmer96

A quick Servo Question; for this Plane, which is more important, Hi Speed Servo or Hi Torque Servo?; I am looking at either the Hitec HS625 Hi Speed with 94ozs at 6volts - VS - HS645 Hi Torque with 133ozs at 6volts; same price for either one, both types exceed the minimum suggested torque of 50oz-in; which way to go? It would seem that the way to go would be the Hi-Speed type, you get faster Action and it exceeds the Minimum, best of both? Right?

I use the hitec 5645mg in all my birds. just an fyi chief aircraft have them on sale for 38 bucks plus a additional discount code on the site.
Old 10-09-2013, 07:11 PM
p51fw190f4u

tfarmer96
Once you have ordered the saito fg84r3,
that's gonna be Excellent choice!
You would enjoy the beautiful sound!

Last edited by p51fw190f4u; 10-09-2013 at 07:17 PM.
Old 10-09-2013, 07:13 PM
p51fw190f4u

I use the hitec 7985mg in my fw190.
Old 10-11-2013, 01:42 AM
BJ64

Soooo....

Are there any plans available out there to build a nice set of retracts that will drop straight into a TF FW190?

I wanted to try the Robart electrics, but it all seems too hard to get down here in Aus.

And I'd go the Sierra's (despite the extra cost), but it sounds like a lot of work to get them to fit.

I just want to get some decent, strong retracts in this bloody thing - without all the rigmarole.

And I don't mind having a crack at making them (all or part of) myself...

BJ
Old 10-11-2013, 02:25 PM
Tony Gag Jr.
My Feedback: (124)

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I talked to Eric at Robart today on the phone. He said there are no trunion mods or upgrades being done on the FW-190 electric retracts. I told him about Joe and this thread so he went and asked somebody else at Robart and they confirmed there is no trunion upgrade being done. Eric said the only mod or upgrade that is being done is by the modelers by adding the second cam block.
Old 10-11-2013, 05:36 PM
dasintex

Originally Posted by Tony Gag Jr.
I talked to Eric at Robart today on the phone. He said there are no trunion mods or upgrades being done on the FW-190 electric retracts. I told him about Joe and this thread so he went and asked somebody else at Robart and they confirmed there is no trunion upgrade being done. Eric said the only mod or upgrade that is being done is by the modelers by adding the second cam block.
Begs the Question, what the heck was Joe talking about, getting us thinking that an upgrade was made, that is certainly the way I interpreted Joe's postings; be nice to see what Joe says now?
Old 10-11-2013, 09:41 PM
Tommy_Gun

Darn shame that someone seems to be posing as tech/customer support for robart.

Even bigger shame that it looks as though robart is going to ignore an obvious design flaw in such expensive retracts and leave it up to the customer to fix their shortcomings.

Seriously, how much can it really cost them to install an additional housing block to each unit?
Old 10-12-2013, 06:05 AM
dasintex

Or at least offer an upgrade at a reasonable price!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.