Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Warbirds and Warplanes
Reload this Page >

Vq warbirds retracts adjustment?

Community
Search
Notices
RC Warbirds and Warplanes Discuss rc warbirds and warplanes in this forum.

Vq warbirds retracts adjustment?

Search this Thread

Old 04-27-2019, 04:13 AM
sbuchho345

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Vq warbirds retracts adjustment?

I've got a pair of VQ warbirds electric retracts for my 81 Dougless A 24 Banshee.
I'm just finishing the build but something about the retracts bugs me. Both gears cycle like they should.
however.....
One gear when retracted, has about 5/16 to 3/8 if an inch of slop or hang not sure what you call it, my first set of retracts so...
when gear is up one side hands out of wheel well about the above amount. The wheel is hanging loose, I can push it farther into the wheel well, it just hangs out. I took that side apart to compare it to the side that works and can't see anything off, odd, or different.
I don't see any switch, stop or mechanism to regulate the travel or stroke.
I see the motor, a bearing, the screw and a cross piece I call the follower that gets pulled into the trunion by the screw.
there is a circuit board under the motor which I think is what reverses direction if travel.
I don't know if travel is regulated by that board counting motor revolutions or if it measures over current then stops.
Either way nothing in the loose side looked different from the tight side.
How do i, or can I adjust that unit to pull the wheel in all the way.
I don't want it fluttering in the wind and causing damage to smoothing t