Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Warbirds and Warplanes
Reload this Page >

A 10 minute treat, and yes, this is 2013

Community
Search
Notices
RC Warbirds and Warplanes Discuss rc warbirds and warplanes in this forum.

A 10 minute treat, and yes, this is 2013

Search this Thread

Old 09-20-2013, 09:46 AM
alanc

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default A 10 minute treat, and yes, this is 2013

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H1S90kGfLXY

shame about the music, but hey ho, its a historic series of aircraft doing what they do best,
Old 09-20-2013, 01:10 PM
alanc

To British for you guys then?
Old 09-20-2013, 01:26 PM
Ram-bro
My Feedback: (101)

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

great video. Its amazing to me to think that that merlin engine was the best engine of the war.....or at least in the european theatre of operations. Great video. Loved it only thing missing was the Tea and Crumpets........lol
Old 09-20-2013, 02:16 PM
alanc

Oh, i dont know, its was without definition, the greatest allied inline engine of the war, but you americans, with the radials, and a LOT of german engines, where pretty good, we had some shockers too, the peregrin, the vulture, horrible things, and made by RR as well, then there was the sea fury sleeve valve, i stood by one of those, cutaway, being turned by electric motor, for hours once, just drooling, its the engineer in me
Old 09-21-2013, 08:37 AM
DavidAgar
My Feedback: (108)

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Some of the greatest planes ever flown. Thanks for the video, Dave
Old 09-21-2013, 10:05 AM
glazier808
My Feedback: (1)

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Very nice!!!

Thanks for sharing!

Casey
Old 09-21-2013, 02:36 PM
jeffk464

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Its amazing to me to think that that merlin engine was the best engine of the war.....or at least in the european theatre of operations. Great video. Loved it only thing missing was the Tea and Crumpets........lol

It would have been more amazing if they could have copied the fuel injection system on the german engines.
Old 09-21-2013, 03:42 PM
STUKA BARRY

Originally Posted by jeffk464
Its amazing to me to think that that merlin engine was the best engine of the war.....or at least in the european theatre of operations. Great video. Loved it only thing missing was the Tea and Crumpets........lol

It would have been more amazing if they could have copied the fuel injection system on the german engines.
What, and have the Spit and Mossie on the same playing field as the Fockewulf and ME-109's?
Old 09-22-2013, 01:02 AM
alanc

We made up for that with little things called superchargers, can you IMAGINE the carnage, if the humble merlin had had injection? and dont i remember Galland asking for a squadron of spitfires? only when the 190 appeared, did we get our asses kicked, hence the MK9, level playing fields where attained from then on, and the 190s still could not catch the mossie,

might mention at this point, i was at Barton airfield way back in the 90s, when the BAE Mossy crashed, it was an awfull day, its great to see one back in the air again, and i LONG to see this formation over here, it would sell Duxford flying legends out instantly, unfortunatly, all the money collected over here seems to be shovelled into a keeping a dirty great big tin triangle flying, ho hum, someday perhaps