Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Warbirds and Warplanes
Reload this Page >

BEST IN THE WEST JET RALLY 2012

Community
Search
Notices
RC Warbirds and Warplanes Discuss rc warbirds and warplanes in this forum.

BEST IN THE WEST JET RALLY 2012

Search this Thread

Old 08-24-2012, 05:28 PM
Joe C
My Feedback: (23)

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
Default BEST IN THE WEST JET RALLY 2012

Best in the West is fast approaching, October 17th through October 21st. at the Elk-Hills Buttonwillow airport in Buttonwillow, California. Anyone planning on attending, now is the time to pre-register. Pre registration fee is $50, on site fee is $60.00.

If you are thinking about renting a tent, please let me know as soon as possible to secure tents, tables and chairs. This year, the Best in the West website is now set-up for PayPal, you may pay for any rental with PayPal, you will be able to pay for pre-registration, tents, tables, chairs, hats, t-shirts, friday night dinner (free to registered pilots), banquet tickets, etc, etc. We will also be able to take credit cards at the event to pay for auction items as well as registration.

This year the banquet will be held at the field, I think this will be good for pilots who are camping at the field and had no transportation to and from the hotel. Anyone attending the banquet will now be able to fly as long as you like, right up to the start of the banquet, well I would hope you would at least take a shower.

This year's auction will be great, we have great sponsors that have donated to the show and we can't thank them enough. We have 30 awards to hand out, nothing comes close to our trophy's. Again this year we will decide on who will win the Colonel Robert Thacker award, our most prestigious award given at BITW. Please let us know if you will be attending the banquet, banquet fee is $35.00. Pilot's Friday night dinner, again this year we will have a friday night pilot dinner at the field, all registered pilots are free, anyone else who would like to join us for dinner, there will be a $22.00 fee.

There will be vendors at the show: Jetcat USA, Kingtech USA, Jet Central USA, Global Jet Club, Gyro Hobbies and Todd and George from Dreamworks with there huge trailer full of inventory, and more.

Food concession will be available from thursday through saturday, serving breakfast and lunch. There will be a general raffle and a pilot raffle, with lots of good raffle items, as well as 50/50 tickets, so please buy tickets at the registration table. This year we will do without the pilot line-up on the runway, if anyone would like to have their jet have a chance to win an award from the spectators, we will have you roll your jet in front of the spectator viewing area, and allow them to view your jet(s) and vote on there 2 favorite jets, sport or scale.

Best in the West looks to be the biggest it has ever been this year, we are expecting well over 100 pilots, pilots coming in from several states as well as pilots coming in from many countries, please join us and have some fun with us, come fly with the west coast guys, the cali crew, and see how we do it.

If you have any questions, feel free to email me or call me, all information is on the BITW website at www.bestinthewestjetrally.com please view the website and enjoy Sarah at the bottom right of the home page, oh and don’t forget to pre register. I hope to see you all soon. a special thanks to all the BARKS members and club officers for all their hard work and support of BITW, we also like to thank the Kern County Airport for allowing us to use the airport.

Joe C!!!