Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Warbirds and Warplanes
Reload this Page >

Balsa USA 1/3 scale Sopwith Pup

Notices
RC Warbirds and Warplanes Discuss rc warbirds and warplanes in this forum.

Balsa USA 1/3 scale Sopwith Pup

Old 08-25-2012, 04:26 PM
Meschmidt
My Feedback: (15)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Balsa USA 1/3 scale Sopwith Pup

What did yours weigh and how did it fly at that weight? Concerned !!! Thanks, Paul
Old 08-26-2012, 02:00 AM
alanc

Default RE: Balsa USA 1/3 scale Sopwith Pup

several are flwon over here by our Dawn Patrol members, i dont know what they weigh, but i can find out after this weekend, but with all that wing area, i would not worry too much whatever it weighs, the things like a box kite, and for me,the heavier (within reason) the better, one thing i will mention, i have seen three fold up now, because the flying wires pulled out, they are standard metal quick links, into a piece of metal with a hole in (what a crap description from an engineer) the hole, on examination, had worn, make sure you have keepers on, or find a more substantial fitting, they do fail, bear in mind, the DPs ones are show aircraft, and have flown in quite a wind sometimes, but they do look well, power has been, would you believe, a zenoah 38 in a reduction drive, driving a scale size prop, at scale revs,
Old 08-26-2012, 07:50 AM
Meschmidt
My Feedback: (15)

Default RE: Balsa USA 1/3 scale Sopwith Pup

It looks like mine will be approx 43 lbs with a G62. 24x8 prop.
Old 02-15-2014, 10:57 PM
GeebeeR3

Hi guys I am building a 1/3 Sopwith pup from Balsa USA and adding a lot of w\extra detail.

My link is http://nitrodude.forumer.com/index.php look under Sopwith pup. there are hundreds of photos to help people in the construction of this aircraft

Kind regards