Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Warbirds and Warplanes
Reload this Page >

What's up with AVG Antivirus blocking Classified Ads?

Community
Search
Notices
RC Warbirds and Warplanes Discuss rc warbirds and warplanes in this forum.

What's up with AVG Antivirus blocking Classified Ads?

Search this Thread

Old 09-05-2012, 03:03 AM
MaJ. Woody
My Feedback: (28)

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts
Default What's up with AVG Antivirus blocking Classified Ads?

Anyone else having this problem? How can I fix it short of shutting down AVG when I want to look at an ad?
Thanks!
Dom
Old 09-05-2012, 03:59 AM
splinterz25

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Default RE: What's up with AVG Antivirus blocking Classified Ads?

I was having the same problem and was having trouble posting on RCG at the same time I thought I had something wrong w/ my pc and droped AVG and it turns out that RCG was having there own troubles but it wasn't blocking me any more here.
I was just about to sign up again when I saw thispost I think I'll look for new antivirse protection!

Bruce
ORIGINAL: MaJ. Woody

Anyone else having this problem? How can I fix it short of shutting down AVG when I want to look at an ad?
Thanks!
Dom
Old 09-05-2012, 04:09 AM
cstevenpeterson
My Feedback: (21)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have been having the same issue all week. I can access the entire site except the Marketplace as it gets blocked.
Old 09-05-2012, 05:08 AM
samparfitt
My Feedback: (43)

Received 30 Likes on 28 Posts

After a new upload of AVG on Sunday, I was having the same problem but it cleared up, yesterday.
My upload said: not compatible with some other software (don't remember which ones) and will upload when available.
Perhaps, AVG uploaded a fix, independently, as their options are: load new software from other applications, as they become available.
I also did the 'insanity definition': I clicked on marketplace several times and it started working, initially, only partly and now, it's OK. Possibly, the abends prompts AVG to upload fixes.
I find it best to have software protection on your PC at all times: Zonealarm, AVG and I believe, Firefox all have software virus checks. Several years ago, I had to reload all my software. Since then, I bought a second hard drive as back up and copy all important doc's to the 2nd drive at the end of each month.
Old 09-05-2012, 06:14 AM
cstevenpeterson
My Feedback: (21)

It is now working for me....
Old 09-05-2012, 07:53 AM
All Day Dan
My Feedback: (5)

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Major, I had the very same problem for the past couple of weeks. I was blocked from RCU's home page also. Dan.
Old 09-05-2012, 09:19 AM
Check6
My Feedback: (427)

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

I have AVG.I can't get on at all!! I'm accessing this through my daughters computer with no problem. How do you get this fixed??
Thanks,
Fred
Old 09-05-2012, 09:46 AM
radfordc
My Feedback: (14)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The fact that AVG is blocking those pages is not necessarily a bad thing! It's job is to protect your computer.

Here is what AVG says is being detected: Invisible IFrame Injection. The most popular variants of Invisible IFrame Injection are Invisible IFrame Injection (type 1707), Invisible IFrame Injection (type 1711)

Invisible IFrame Injection is a threat that is spreading. It is currently ranked 16 in the world for online threats. Invisible IFrame Injection has been detected by AVG on victims' machines in 149 countries during the last month. There are currently 1212 websites in 51 countries that host Invisible IFrame Injection.
How can I remove Invisible IFrame Injection?

If you received a pop-up warning for Invisible IFrame Injection while you were surfing a website, chances are that the threat was blocked and there's nothing to remove. AVG blocks threats before they are able to download anything to your computer. If you suspect that a malicious file has been downloaded to your computer, AVG can detect and help remove during the regular scan process.

Here is more information about the malware: http://blog.unmaskparasites.com/2009...ame-injection/
Old 09-06-2012, 08:01 PM
dubs1946

Hi i have had the same problem but i also have had a few virus's from this web-site before so be cautious.
To fix the problem down load Google chrome and register as your browser.They have a block tracking feature i have just done that and it works as here i am, but be warned do a virus check after you have finished with this site as its full of virus.
I have been blocked for a couple of weeks not really a bad thing as i spend to much time here anyway but know i have to catch up.
Dave.
Old 09-06-2013, 09:44 AM
IBobi
My Feedback: (1)

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Hi guys,

We're looking into what's causing this.

In the future, it's always better to use the http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/foru...-problems-239/ forum to post issues with the RCU site. That's really the only way an admin can see them without specifically searching for them.

Thanks,

Paul