Community
Search
Notices
RC Warbirds and Warplanes Discuss rc warbirds and warplanes in this forum.

KMP Bearcat

Search this Thread

Old 11-26-2008, 01:09 PM
jmohn

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default KMP Bearcat

Just finished this awsome KMP Bearcat for someone last weekend. It's beautiful and flies great! Here's the setup:

Motor: Eflite Power 160
ESC: Castle 110 HV
Battery: 2 x 6S 5000 mah TP Pack
Prop: 19-10
AUW: 18 lbs.

Lots of power (over 3,200 watts or 4 HP). Very fast!

Jeff

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Ki19325.jpg
Views:	36
Size:	80.8 KB
ID:	1079387  
Old 11-26-2008, 02:52 PM
LDM
My Feedback: (15)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: KMP Bearcat

love the e-power idea I just wish the batterys were cheaper
Old 11-26-2008, 05:19 PM
Zippi
My Feedback: (10)

jmohn,

Nice looking. I looked at the Bearcat and wanted to put a G26 up front but the weight was just a little to much for me. I'm use to flying planes this size that are half the weight. I guess it's normall with Warbirds but I just haven't decided to go that route yet. The #501 on the fuse looks a little off. Looks like it's tilted back to much.
Old 11-26-2008, 05:57 PM
jmohn

Well I already had the batteries, so that wasn't an issue. I did have to add a lot of weight up front, but that's the nature of this plane. It had a HUGE 2400 HP motor up front and could fly almost 500 mph. Here's another shot of the plane. The numbers are correct and should be aligned with the canopy.

Name:	Nl28695.jpg
Views:	29
Size:	76.4 KB
ID:	1079526  
Old 11-26-2008, 06:01 PM
LDM

John , great job . Can you elaborate for the guys like me that dont do big e-flight ?
So you need two packs , can you tell us the average cost of the packs and how long to charge and fly on one charge .
Thanks
Lou
i have the KMP corsair and planned on an OS Max 200 4 stroke .
As far as weight in short nose warbirds I usually try to move the wing servos ahead of the CG . I know in a ARF its a pain in the As..... but it can really move 5 to 7 oz ahead of the CG based on the servos used .
Also the KMP wheels are beutiful but dubro light weight -big warbird wheels can really save weight
Old 11-26-2008, 06:40 PM
Zippi
My Feedback: (10)

ORIGINAL: jmohn

Well I already had the batteries, so that wasn't an issue. I did have to add a lot of weight up front, but that's the nature of this plane. It had a HUGE 2400 HP motor up front and could fly almost 500 mph. Here's another shot of the plane. The numbers are correct and should be aligned with the canopy.

I imagine you are correct about the number. Just looked out of line with the other markings on the fuse. The 18 lbs sounds better than others I've read about that were over 20 lbs. Still a very nice looking plane.
Old 11-26-2008, 06:44 PM
jmohn

Name:	Db86479.jpg
Views:	29
Size:	73.4 KB
ID:	1079544  
Old 09-12-2012, 10:46 PM
juweeltje

i know this is an old post, but i give it a try….

i like to buy the ESM f8f, it's exactly the same as the KMP version..
i would like to use a dle-35ra in it….would i still need to add weight in the noise, or would it be better to put a heavier motor in it…..

@Jmohn, is that a retract tail wheel? and what about the pilot in the canopy….your information would be very valuable to me…

juweeltje
Old 09-13-2012, 12:33 AM
LDM

I can not comment on the motor and weight but can tell you the esm and KMP are one and the same "models"
ESM = easy soring models they are the manufacturer now being distributed in the USA by Troy Built Models and VQ Models.
KMP is a distributor based on Canada that no longer distributes esm in the USA.
I know with my short nose warbirds I mount the servos and all flight support ex receiver , flight back and everything possible up front ahead of the suggested CG .