Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Warbirds and Warplanes
Reload this Page >

Hanger 9 Messerschmitt BF - 109F-2 60 ARF

Community
Search
Notices
RC Warbirds and Warplanes Discuss rc warbirds and warplanes in this forum.

Hanger 9 Messerschmitt BF - 109F-2 60 ARF

Search this Thread

Old 03-17-2015, 02:54 PM
s4a4x4o4n4y

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hanger 9 Messerschmitt BF - 109F-2 60 ARF

Does anyone out there in The RC Universe know anything about how this plane is ??? And does it fly great ???...... Is it hard to land ??? Would a .90 size 2-stroke supre tiger be ok in it ??? Or too much power , so that it's best to use .60 size , like it recommends ??? ( I noticed the same size plane P-47 Thunderbolt recommends a .60 up to a .90 (???) )...... I have the parkzone electric foamy bf-109 . Flies great but it's the only foamy I have that is hard to land because of the main landing gears that are so close together . .................... Is the Hanger 9 60 size 109 also hard to land ??? Does it also tip over to the left or right or nose down ass up when landing in cross winds ??? ................ Do you like this plane , or is it a disaster to own ??? ....I have about 10 foamies and about 8 nitro balsa planes ............ All war birds ........ In fact , i fly almost every week end but haven't flown a foamy in about a year now ......... I enjoy the 2-stroke nitros more ............... Thank you so much ...........
Old 03-17-2015, 10:49 PM
predman
My Feedback: (7)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have a 20cc gas engine in the front of mine! It's an awesome plane and flies rock solid. Does not like a little crosswind on landings, you must keep the plane straight as it rolls to a stop, any little rudder will tip a wing if you turn too soon. I like the plane and put thick tape on the wing tips to prevent the covering from being scraped off.
Old 03-18-2015, 12:58 PM
smoot27

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have this plane but set this one up with the recommended electric motor. As predman mentioned, it tracks great in the air. However, due to the very narrow gear it is a very tough plane to handle on takeoffs and landings. A clean rollout is more rare than not for me. Instead of tape, I just put a little epoxy on the bottom edges of both wingtips. This plane also can be a bear to takeoff as it really wants to pull sharp left so you'll need to be prepared to pull heavy of the right rudder, more than most .60 size planes. This would be a big step up from the typical foam warbirds. I would recommend Hangar 9s P-47 or the new Corsair over this one to start with. In general, and especially with this manufacturer, P-47s are far easier to fly than 109s.

You mentioned you fly mainly glow planes now so if you are proficient with those then this might be a solid plane. I just want to be clear that it would be much worse with ground handling than your foam 109. You have the same narrow gear issue with a much faster and heavier plane.

Last edited by smoot27; 03-18-2015 at 01:10 PM.