Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

RE: Has TopFlite gone nuts with the price??

ORIGINAL: GerKonig

(No need to tell me about the loss of jobs and the need to retain jobs here and support companies like the Canadian, like Balsa USA, etc. That is entirely another issue)
    Gerry
    Even though it's another issue, What does it say on the cover of every Top Flite "Kit" instruction manual? Let me think.....Oh Yeah, MADE IN THE USA! Seems to me if you want to support the American worker, you should build the kits and forget the ARF's Just sayin...

http://manuals.hobbico.com/top/topa0410-manual.pdf
    http://manuals.hobbico.com/top/topa0415-manual-v1_1.pdf
    http://manuals.hobbico.com/top/topa0400-manual.pdf
    http://manuals.hobbico.com/top/topa0310-manual.pdf
    Gary-Waco Brother#171 If the build gets tough, always refrain from throwing things! ARCA, Austin Tx. www.austinrc.org

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: warbird_1

your rude tone isn't worth a reply but i'm willing to grant you at least one response . in case you didn't read the whole post, the conversion included comparisons . you brought it up yourself :

But with the price we are paying for an arf now, I see no reason we can't bring the manufacturing back to the USA.. Think about it and i think you will agree... Most of use to say, '' I can't build the plane for that''...
    Well I know I could and if anyone is thinking they couldn't, they haven't built many planes..

it's apparent that you either a tight wade lol or you eyes are bigger than you wallet . you started this thread complaining about the price of the plane you apparently are interested in buying. because i didn't Aline myself with your position i'm wrong , i'm the bad guy . well you couldn't have ever scratch built anything or you wouldn't be disagreeing with me.
    i would throw down this challenge. you say you can build ..say a ziroli spitfire for 6 - 7 hundred bucks. i'm not going to do the leg work for you. go on his site, look up basic parts for the air frame only . that includes parts,glue wood,finishing stuff like expoy , primmer,paint,fiberglass cloth ect. then get back to me. oh.. BTW do you really thing having them made here in the states would be cheaper? your just not being realistic . no disrespect intended . one last thing.. in your profile you call yourself an expert that likes warbirds. can you tell me how many planes you build from plans? big ones that is 1/5-1/4 scale

I like the question you pose at the end of your message: ''BTW do you really think having them made in the states would be cheaper''.

It got me thinking. Hobby-Lobby is much improving the design of the Senior Telemaster, and will be manufacturing the kits in the US. The price went up a bit (but the design has improved also, making it faster to build, and disassemble to move around. The price, not cheap, but I think it will sell.

There is a company making kits in Canada. And let's not forget all the kit-cutters that custom make kits for us based on designer blueprints. So I think it can be done. The question comes down to profits (my guess). They make them abroad because they are cheaper and the profits are bigger. Period. (No need to tell me about the loss of jobs and the need to retain jobs here and support companies like the Canadian, like Balsa USA, etc. That is entirely another issue)

Gerry

hey jerry, i was referring to having arf's manufactured here bud :-) BTW i fly alot of big stuff ,but i still own a t-master which i have scratch built a lot of them off their plans . maybe 4

Same here, I always have a Telemaster and a giant Sweet Stick ready besides my scale big models. Just that my Telemaster and the Giant Sweet Stick now are electric...

I really do not think you could manufacture something like an ARF here, successfully (as a business) because of the fact that it is labor intensive. Labor is $1.00 per hour in the industrialized Chinese towns, and here, $1.00 gets you a pretzel. My 2 cents.

Thinking about what I just said, let me change it. Yes, I think it can be done (manufacture here) but the profit margin would be so much smaller, that it would make it unattractive to the investor. Again, that is just my opinion.

Gerry

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: Mustangman40

your rude tone isn't worth a reply but i'm willing to grant you at least one response . in case you didn't read the whole post, the conversion included comparisons . you brought it up yourself :

But with the price we are paying for an arf now, I see no reason we can't bring the manufacturing back to the USA.. Think about it and i think you will agree... Most of use to say, '' I can't build the plane for that''...
    Well I know I could and if anyone is thinking they couldn't, they haven't built many planes..

it's apparent that you either a tight wade lol or you eyes are bigger than you wallet . you started this thread complaining about the price of the plane you apparently are interested in buying. because i didn't Aline myself with your position i'm wrong , i'm the bad guy . well you couldn't have ever scratch built anything or you wouldn't be disagreeing with me.
    i would throw down this challenge. you say you can build ..say a ziroli spitfire for 6 - 7 hundred bucks. i'm not going to do the leg work for you. go on his site, look up basic parts for the air frame only . that includes parts,glue wood,finishing stuff like expoy , primmer,paint,fiberglass cloth ect. then get back to me. oh.. BTW do you really thing having them made here in the states would be cheaper? your just not being realistic . not disrespect intended . one last thing.. in your profile you call yourself an expert that likes warbirds. can you tell me how many planes you build from plans? big ones that is 1/5-1/4 scale
    Would you please show me where I said you can build a Ziroli spit for 6-7 hundred bucks.. Would you also show me where the TF corsair is glassed and painted, it's monokote.. Get back to me on that one...

As far as you comment about ''You build real planes'' the don't bother me with the home depot projects.. I won't stoop to your levle with the name calling, but aren't model airplanes ''Toys''?? I mean you come out with ''I build real airplanes'', they are just ''Toys''

You still haven't got back on the subject of TF arf's being over priced, your still stuck on Ziroli builds you have done.. To even compare a Tf to a ziroli is just plain stupid.. Oh and by the way, please don't post any pics of your toy airplanes in this thread, it's about TF...

Thanks for understanding toy plane builder.............[img][/img]
    i'm not going to beat this to death because you are unhappy with the fact that you want a TF corsair and probably can't buy one right now. the fact of the matter is you feel you can build one for less than the cost of a TF corsair. so i say ,why are you complaining here ? i didn't call anyone names and i'm willing to apologize if i did offend anyone. the point is you will never agree with anyone 's opinion other that your own because your upset. no matter how you cut it, giant scale does come with a cost, a cost i can't afford sometimes either . i fly with in my budget . And i really hope that you do get a TF corsair. they are awesome planes and do fly good . everone should own a corsair at least once. WB_1 Oh.. i will remove my pics if you want. it is your thread.
    Contest Director /Turbine pilot/ P-38 Brotherhood/Scratch Builders make their own Destiny

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: 91zulu

So are you so called scratch builders saying EVERY TIME you build a plane you have to buy, WOOD, GLUE, GLASS CLOTH, PAINT ????? What the ######What do U all do buy these things by the inch or gram ? I thought scratch builders buy bulk stock that will do at least 3 to 4 1/5 scale planes. WOW.
    Oh well each his own.
    91 , i never buy stock ahead of time . the time between projects would mean that the wood would be sitting a long time. if you live in a humid place like fl, my fear would be that the wood would warp. and to answer you other question , yes i do glass and paint 99% of the time . it makes for a nicer finish if your willing to invest the time. .. but only on the big warbirds .
    Contest Director /Turbine pilot/ P-38 Brotherhood/Scratch Builders make their own Destiny

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: redbiscuits

(No need to tell me about the loss of jobs and the need to retain jobs here and support companies like the Canadian, like Balsa USA, etc. That is entirely another issue)
    Gerry
    Even though it's another issue, What does it say on the cover of every Top Flite ''Kit'' instruction manual? Let me think.....Oh Yeah, MADE IN THE USA! Seems to me if you want to support the American worker, you should build the kits and forget the ARF's Just sayin...

http://manuals.hobbico.com/top/topa0410-manual.pdf
    http://manuals.hobbico.com/top/topa0415-manual-v1_1.pdf
    http://manuals.hobbico.com/top/topa0400-manual.pdf
    http://manuals.hobbico.com/top/topa0310-manual.pdf

Well, then, that is very good news. With the small quantities they sell I am sure nobody abroad could attempt to take the order. Nice!

Gerry

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Just wondering If I am the only one who thinks they have gotten goofy with the price.....

I know, supply and demand. heard it 1000's times. But i remember what they used to charge for the 1/5 scale arf's and it's a fare cry from what they charge now...

I would love to know the numbers, are folks buying as many as they used to? I know I'm not, not at those prices.. Are they selling half as many planes at twice the price, or would they be better off with better prices and sell more planes.. Just wondering what others thought....
    Our currency has been devalued. .......................

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

i would throw down this challenge. you say you can build ..say a ziroli spitfire for 6 - 7 hundred bucks. i'm not going to do the leg work for you. go on his site, look up basic parts for the air frame only . that includes parts,glue wood,finishing stuff like expoy , primmer,paint,fiberglass cloth ect. then get back to me. oh.. BTW do you really thing having them made here in the states would be cheaper? your just not being realistic . not disrespect intended . one last thing.. in your profile you call yourself an expert that likes warbirds. can you tell me how many planes you build from plans? big ones that is 1/5-1/4 scale
    Would you please show me where I said you can build a Ziroli spit for 6-7 hundred bucks.. Would you also show me where the TF corsair is glassed and painted, it's monokote.. Get back to me on that one...

As far as you comment about ''You build real planes'' the don't bother me with the home depot projects.. I won't stoop to your levle with the name calling, but aren't model airplanes ''Toys''?? I mean you come out with ''I build real airplanes'', they are just ''Toys''

You still haven't got back on the subject of TF arf's being over priced, your still stuck on Ziroli builds you have done.. To even compare a Tf to a ziroli is just plain stupid.. Oh and by the way, please don't post any pics of your toy airplanes in this thread, it's about TF...

i'm not going to beat this to death because you are unhappy with the fact that you want a TF corsair and probably can't buy one right now. the fact of the matter is you feel you can build one for less than the cost of a TF corsair. so i say ,why are you complaining here ? i didn't call anyone names and i'm willing to apologize if i did offend anyone. the point is you will never agree with anyone 's opinion other that your own because your upset. no matter how you cut it, giant scale does come with a cost, a cost i can't afford sometimes either . i fly with in my budget . And i really hope that you do get a TF corsair. they are awesome planes and do fly good . everone should own a corsair at least once. WB_1 Oh.. i will remove my pics if you want. it is your thread.

Listen, I could copy and paste this and give it right back to you as a reply, it fits both of us pretty good.. And yes you did call me names "Tight wad" was one and telling me I am cheap and now telling me what I can afford to buy or can't afford to buy.. All I am saying in this thread is i think Tf has gone crazy with the price of their arfs and i still feel that way.. If you feel they are not, that's fine with me,We all have opinions...

I'm sorry I called yourplanes "Toys" They look pretty dang nice and I would be proud of them as well.. feel free to post more pics of them..Just for the record, I am a builder.. I was looking at the TF corsair for my son, he really likes it and isn't the best pilot yet so to say.. Thought it might be a good planeto let him abuse and nothave me crying pickingup the parts on the runway.... So yes, I was shocked to see it is a $750.00 arf, close to 3k ready to go.......
    Ultra Sport Brotherhood #92

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: flycatch

Just wondering If I am the only one who thinks they have gotten goofy with the price.....

I know, supply and demand. heard it 1000's times. But i remember what they used to charge for the 1/5 scale arf's and it's a fare cry from what they charge now...

I would love to know the numbers, are folks buying as many as they used to? I know I'm not, not at those prices.. Are they selling half as many planes at twice the price, or would they be better off with better prices and sell more planes.. Just wondering what others thought....
    Our currency has been devalued. Get your head out of your A hole.

Really? I go to Europe every summer, and this last July our currency was much better standing than the prior year (June of 2011). Our dollar was worth almos a 10% more than it was one year prior.

Gerry

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Listen, I could copy and paste this and give it right back to you as a reply, it fits both of us pretty good.. And yes you did call me names ''Tight wad'' was one andΒ* telling me I am cheap and now telling me what I can afford to buy or can't afford to buy.. All I am saying in this thread is i think Tf has gone crazy with the price of their arfs and i still feel that way.. If you feel they are not, that's fine with me,Β*We all have opinions...

I'm sorry I called yourΒ*planes ''Toys''Β* They look pretty dang nice and I would be proud of them as well.. feel free to post more pics of them..[img][/img]Β*Just for the record, I am a builder.. I was looking at the TF corsair for my son, he really likes it and isn't the best pilot yet so to say.. Thought it might be a good planeΒ*to let him abuse and notΒ*have me crying pickingΒ*up the parts on the runway.... So yes, I was shocked to see it is a $750.00 arf, close to 3k ready to go.......[img][/img]Β*
    i don't know what you son's flying abilities are but if he's fairly new the gold edition .60 is a wonderful flying plane . i had one many years ago and flew it to death . that was one of my higher performance airplanes compared to what i was flying. i was an honest plane with no bad habits and didn't require a lot of skill to master. the pic shows me and the corsair just before i did like my 3rd flight.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Ki20573.jpg 
Views:	2 
Size:	294.5 KB 
ID:	1809709  

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Listen, I could copy and paste this and give it right back to you as a reply, it fits both of us pretty good.. And yes you did call me names ''Tight wad'' was one and telling me I am cheap and now telling me what I can afford to buy or can't afford to buy.. All I am saying in this thread is i think Tf has gone crazy with the price of their arfs and i still feel that way.. If you feel they are not, that's fine with me,We all have opinions...

I'm sorry I called yourplanes ''Toys'' They look pretty dang nice and I would be proud of them as well.. feel free to post more pics of them..[img][/img]Just for the record, I am a builder.. I was looking at the TF corsair for my son, he really likes it and isn't the best pilot yet so to say.. Thought it might be a good planeto let him abuse and nothave me crying pickingup the parts on the runway.... So yes, I was shocked to see it is a $750.00 arf, close to 3k ready to go.......[img][/img]
    i don't know what you son's flying abilities are but if he's fairly new the gold edition .60 is a wonderful flying plane . i had one many years ago and flew it to death . that was one of my higher performance airplanes compared to what i was flying. i was an honest plane with no bad habits and didn't require a lot of skill to master. the pic shows me and the corsair just before i did like my 3rd flight.

I had one of those as well, but mine was way over powered 120 hehehe.. It was fun to fly but not for him, he would love it for all of the two minutes it would take him to put it in...lol The truth is, he really isn't ready for a corsair of any type, well a foamie would be fine.. But he loves thecorsair and i am trying to keep him interested in the hobby..I think i will just build one and put him on it with a cord, much safer that way...

That is something I have never done, a giant scale on a buddy box.. Any one see a problem with doing that, it will be on Futaba 2.4.. Just wondering if the ignition could have an effect on it???
    Ultra Sport Brotherhood #92

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

its funny how I bought my top flite .60 size tbolt for 299.99 and now its 369.99. Nice plane but definately not worth that money. If Balsa has gone up in prices how come Horizon Hobby's hangar 9 planes havent gone up. There 60 size warbirds planes have been the same cost for a while now at 259.99. Looks to me like Great Planes thinks to much of there product and are way better than what they really are...just my 2 cents

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

That is something I have never done, a giant scale on a buddy box.. Any one see a problem with doing that, it will be on Futaba 2.4.. Just wondering if the ignition could have an effect on it???
    Don't try it Jimbo, It'll explode in mid air right when you hit the switch!
    Gary-Waco Brother#171 If the build gets tough, always refrain from throwing things! ARCA, Austin Tx. www.austinrc.org

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Why do you think the arf prices are so outrageous. The Top Flight giant scale kits are $300 or more and that doesn"t include any hardware. By the time you buy all the hardware and covering material, you would have well over $500 into it. DO YOU REALLY THINK YOU COULD GET SOMEBODY TO BUILD IT FOR YOU FOR A $150. NO WAY.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: 91zulu

i guess i'm doing something wrong or you cut corners. price out a ziroli spitfire with all the plastic and glass parts and gear. that alone is over a grand . that's not counting wood, glue, paint ,hardware,wheels,markings .. should i keep going? there's a difference between buying someone used stuff and building your own. i have build a lot of stuff. 2 ziroli p-40's and p-38 and a bunch of other stuff. you?

I thought you said you SCRATCH BUILD. As for me Ziroli Stuka, Meister ME 109 and others over the years in including Pica Spitfire the small and the 88''. Well I guess if all the material you use comes from the hobby stores then I guess it will cost you more.
    I don`t cut corners, contrary to what you and others may think, there are a few other materials that can be use for building that give the same good strong results as balsa and ply from the hobby shop. Today there is a lot of proof that foam works very well. As I stated above a few pics back foam board can be used to build most of the framing of a plane. At $1 for a 36x36 sheet compare to a sheet of 1/8 ply and 1/8 balsa sheets for framing, one can cut a lot of the framing cost. You could also pick up 3/4 ply pieces from Home Depot for cents in the scrap bin to do fire walls in stead of going to the hobby shop for 1/2 ply. That`s how I do it. You have to think outside the HOBBY SHOP BOX and it can be done.
    lol don't bother me with your home depot build projects please . i build real planes out of real materials

So do I sir ..so do I. No peanut models here.

Name:	Rp42627.jpg 
Size:	155.2 KB 
ID:	1809726   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Cx76405.jpg 
Size:	76.3 KB 
ID:	1809727  
    91-Zulu

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Listen, I could copy and paste this and give it right back to you as a reply, it fits both of us pretty good.. And yes you did call me names ''Tight wad'' was one andΒ* telling me I am cheap and now telling me what I can afford to buy or can't afford to buy.. All I am saying in this thread is i think Tf has gone crazy with the price of their arfs and i still feel that way.. If you feel they are not, that's fine with me,Β*We all have opinions...

I'm sorry I called yourΒ*planes ''Toys''Β* They look pretty dang nice and I would be proud of them as well.. feel free to post more pics of them..[img][/img]Β*Just for the record, I am a builder.. I was looking at the TF corsair for my son, he really likes it and isn't the best pilot yet so to say.. Thought it might be a good planeΒ*to let him abuse and notΒ*have me crying pickingΒ*up the parts on the runway.... So yes, I was shocked to see it is a $750.00 arf, close to 3k ready to go.......[img][/img]Β*

I had one of those as well, but mine was way over powered 120 hehehe.. It was fun to fly but not for him, he would love it for all of the two minutes it would take him to put it in...lolΒ* The truth is, he really isn't ready for a corsair of any type, well a foamie would be fine.. But he loves theΒ*corsair and i am trying to keep him interested in the hobby..Β*I think i will just build one and put him on it with a cord, much safer that way...

actually i heard that 2.4 isn't effected by engine "noise" that what i was told. same with metal to metal . 2.4 is a lot more tolerate of that.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

On a positive note, I have found the TF ARFs to be well designed and manufactured and they fly really well. All the parts fit, all the included hardware can be used and they come with a detailed instruction manual with photographs, which is very helpful for less experienced modelers or modelers moving up to their first 50cc class warbird. Also, for those wanting to themselves glass and detail the plane, some of the TF ARFs are offered as ARCs. I think it's great to have these options. Whether they are worth the price or are affordable is a personal decision.

Cheers,

-Ed B.
    Spitfire Brotherhood #185

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Noone is forcing you to buy ANYTHING. You don't have to purchase it.

IF the price is to high, it will come down. I promise.
    Greg Norman said, \"Happiness is a long walk with a putter.\" Obviously he never flew a P-51 Mustang.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Yes thay have. I would get the new FW 190 in a second if it were reasonable but $749 and it doesnt come with retracts. Not happening!!!! The best bang for the buck out there in ARF world is the TBM ARF's . They are built well and PAINTED not mnokoted. and best of all they fly very well.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

That is what has happened to our hobby. Nobody builds anymore, wants the easy way into the hobby and buys ARF'S. For guys like you , will learn like me to appreciate buying and paying A little more for A kit, and get more satisfaction when it is done and flying. The same goes for buying kits on this site. Sometimes they seem high price, but when you can't get them anymore your glad you bought it. Jmpups

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

It really was not that long ago when there were no viable ARF's available. The first good ones I remember were what Aeroworks were creating. That was when Cheap China was just getting rolling. It seems that the situation may be changing.
    To me it is ridiculous to argue about the difference between a kit and an ARF price wise. Either way, this stuff aint cheap. The ARF has just made it easier for everyone to have nice models as opposed to just the good builders.
    These conversations always make me chuckle as they do not effect me. I build all of my planes and so I am insulated from such trouble. Even if the kits disappear I can build from planes, which is mostly what I am doing anyway. The hobby will endure, regardless if we build them ourselves or someone else does.
    \"let\'\'\'\'s just say, they will be satisfied with less\" Ming the Merciless

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: jmpups

That is what has happened to our hobby. Nobody builds anymore, wants the easy way into the hobby and buys ARF'S. For guys like you , will learn like me to appreciate buying and paying A little more for A kit, and get more satisfaction when it is done and flying. The same goes for buying kits on this site. Sometimes they seem high price, but when you can't get them anymore your glad you bought it. Jmpups

That is something I do not really understand. What does a builder need a kit for? I built a lot of models I had decades ago just using the plans. The magazine plan services would keep a mortal busy for 200 years, then you have the designer kits, etc... The hobby is changing, and will change. I have no doubt. But there will be always someone playing with diesel, nitro, 4 strokes, gas, etc...

We will die, but the hobby will live on. People will participate differently on it, yes. I need no stinking kits! Do not get me wrong, I will buy them as long as I find interesting models, but if they were to disappear, I will not miss them.

Well, I would hate to see Balsa USA disappear, or even GT, I have to admit. But It would not stop me.

Lack of places to buy balsa would stop me (maybe), but not likely.

Gerry

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

It all boils down to it you have the time to build a kit or no/less time and chose to spend the cash and buy an ARF. Even though I love kits (I'm building two as we speak) every ARF I've built was highly modified. Most people I know that buy these ARF don't KISS them (keep them simple).

As for the prices, there is a company called Skysharkrc.com. Their kit prices have always been high and at one point they stopped making complete kits. I remember paying almost 350 for a FW190 with a 59inch wing. Topflite then was selling theirs for around 150. This was before wood prices were high but I believe was the cost of American made products. This is the only explanation for me for the prices. Skyshark is still selling there kit for 325 or there of.
    "IF" I'd stop staring at them, I'd get more done to them.
    Platt FW190, Holman FW190, Meister FW190, SIST FW190, TF FW190.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

I was looking at the TF corsair for my son, he really likes it and isn't the best pilot yet so to say.. Thought it might be a good plane to let him abuse and not have me crying picking up the parts on the runway.... So yes, I was shocked to see it is a $750.00 arf, close to 3k ready to go.......
    Mustangman, here is a nice Corsair for your son;

Out of stock at TBM for the moment, but;

http://www.troybuiltmodels.com/items/ESMF4U-74FAF.html

VQ Warbirds;

http://www.vqwarbirds.com/product_in...f30a560d8b899c

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

I dunno, I purchased an E-flite AT-6 Texan, converted it to an O.S. .25 2-stroke glow, detailed the body with over 700 pin-head rivets, created panel lines with 3/32 pin stripe tape, and topped it all off with a New Zealand military trainer paint scheme. And that was an ARF. A few reasons I didn't build is because A) I didn't have the space to build from scratch and B) I find some ARF kits very reasonably priced and build really well for what you get. I've also built many-a-kits (Goldberg glows / glider) in the past but this latest Texan build was by far my favorite. Build it, ARF it, RTF it... if it makes you happy and you love to fly it - why does it matter how it got in the air?
    Just my 2 cents...

Name:	Vt58410.jpg 
Size:	122.0 KB 
ID:	1809821   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Xt60090.jpg 
Size:	88.6 KB 
ID:	1809822   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Lq38308.jpeg 
Size:	15.4 KB 
ID:	1809823  

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Some times there are deals to be had too on craigslist and ebay. A friend of mine bought planes ready to go for $500 and a some times just a little more. These are giant planes too, Ziroli, Pica , Byron. He got the Z Stuka with a G62 for 500. That is a sweet plane to fly. So over the winter keep looking at craigslist you just might get lucky.
    91-Zulu

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast