Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Warbirds and Warplanes
Reload this Page >

Top fighters by Flight Journal

Notices
RC Warbirds and Warplanes Discuss rc warbirds and warplanes in this forum.

Top fighters by Flight Journal

Old 10-22-2012, 05:02 AM
masteromodels
My Feedback: (11)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Top fighters by Flight Journal

The best should be selected by how much they changed the outcome of the war not battles . That to me would be the the way to judge the best criteria . Like I said before each plane had it's strengths and weakness but for being the overall best. Then which planes had the biggest outcome of the war. I would think that if they want this conversation to help create profits and interest , they should That the criteria set up is wrong only in my opinion.

thanks bob
Old 10-22-2012, 06:20 AM
erbroens

Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts

Believe it or not, this may be the single most important WWII fighter: The Fokker D21 was the first plane to shoot down significant numbers of German fighters and bombers and above all, took by surprise and killed many experienced Luftwaffe pilots and high ranked oficials wich thought that destroying the Dutch air force would be easy. Later this casualties made the difference in winning in the Battle of Britain by such a small margin.

Funny thing is that this plane also helped the Germans.. as this helped to shorten the War, Germany was spared of the inevitable long range atomic carpetbombing wich would happened otherwise.

But of course, this is again just in my humble opinion!
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Ge94104.jpg
Views:	8
Size:	99.9 KB
ID:	1813851  
Old 10-22-2012, 11:31 AM
masteromodels
My Feedback: (11)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

What sealed Germany's fate was the strategic planning of Hitler . They had no heavy bombers and and their Stuka's got destroyed over England and had to be protected by the ME-110's which then had to be protected by the ME-109's. and they had only enough fuel for about 20 minutes combat time over the channel. Then when the battle was killing both , a night bomber either accidentally or or by choice dropped some bombs on Berlin which in turn infuriated Hitler and he gave the command to retaliate and attack London which gave the English a chance to regroup and build up their planes and replenish their pilots and fix their Radar stations and Hitler had to call off the invasion. It was mostly the Hurricanes and some spits that held their air force together until the U.S, started supplying them.

thanks Bob
Old 10-22-2012, 03:13 PM
Ram-bro
My Feedback: (101)

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

ERborens, that is thinking outside the box, another way of seeing things and bringing something new to the table
Old 10-22-2012, 04:21 PM
erbroens

Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts

Thanks! glad to contribute with something not boring at all.