Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Meister war birds, the wish list

Hello all. As a Meister builder, owner, and pilot, I have a special appreciation for these wonderful designs. Fly ability, at least as important as looks, with a terrific presence in the air being the result. Planes that will last for years. I know I am in good company with hundreds and hundreds of other modelers in this assessment. Even the average pilot like myself can be very successful flying these large war birds. Countless others have seen and enjoyed how well these designs look and perform.

Much time, money, and collaboration goes into kits such as these, with much consideration, as well, given to the market. We appreciate all of this effort by this company and others.

This thread is a way to express our dreams. Dreams of the giant Meister war bird that we would love to build and fly, but that is yet to be produced, just for fun.

At the top of my list is a Meister P-38. 1/5 scale would be 124 13/16", or 1/4 scale would be 13'. A Meister style flat bottom wing would yield impressive lifting power for all the scale you would like, yet would be the most forgiving P-38 ever. Plug-in outboard wing panels, fiberglass crew pod, fiberglass booms with the verticals, and build-up stab, elevator, and wings. If a 1/5 scale was built, many existing scale detail parts could be used, such as cockpit parts, and gear (converted to electric by Down& Locked of course.

I dream on as I build and enjoy the Meister kits that DO exist.

What are your dreams?????

Cheers,
    Gary P. / use Steel Powder for ballast not lead. PM me for more information.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

RE: Meister war birds, the wish list

I bought and built my first dream, the Meister ME 109 pulled around by a quadra 75. Like you said the ability of the Meister design to make a pilot look good and RELAX when flying "heavy metal" is awesome. Wish Meister would come out with a fibergass fuse for the 109.

Having the 109, I would definately jump on a big P-38. All the fiberglass parts to help speed the craft into the air would be a huge plus.

What would be even better would be ARF's ready to paint. I would most likely jump on every Meister that was availible like this as with my career I do not have the time to build up a complete kit from wood. I do enjoy building but LOVE flying even more. That would be my biggest dream, having Mesiter Scale planes hours away from being airborne.

Meister scale planes are a dream to fly. When I was sans children, I had the time to build. I have been flying my meister 109 for 14 years. SIMPLYAWESOME. Hope that Dino would consider the ARF route as I think I am not alone in the time to build category.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

I would love to see them do a Russian bird. The Yak series which differed sometimes in just wether it was a radial or inline engine....2 for the price of one

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

+ 1 for P 38...

Wow, that will be a model...
    I start saving money for that kit...

All what Gary told in his post is truth.
    Meister Scale models are easiest for building and flying, plus because their size, it is good for details and look nice in the air...

I'm now in process building my own kit of 1/5 scale jet model Galeb G2. Wing span will be 91".
    My idea is to made model which will be easy for building, big enough for details, with good flying features. Most important is you will not need big turbine and kit must have good price...

But, my friend and me spent many months making 3D drawings. Here in Serbia it's not expensive process, but I have opportunity to hear, that one hour of 3D drawing in USA cost 60,00$. You need many, many hours to draw model, and that is point which make big price, before even start making kit.

Who know, maybe this topic can help me to choose what to be my next project...
    Gary, what you sad, 1/4 scale P 38?

Regards

Mirce
    Rivets, Screws, Panel lines, Detail & Finish Sets, Paint Masks and other equipment for scale warbirds - www.nsmodelers.rs

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

I think a 1/4 scale Mig 3 would be awesome. That is right in the size range they offer now.

Also, a TA 152 H conversion kit for the 190 D9 would be really cool.

Not sure you will ever see ARF's. Maybe, but it looks like it is getting more difficult to make that happen now than it used to be. These types of models are very time consuming to engineer for that type of manufacturing. If you did, I would find it hard to believe the quality could be maintained. Best bet here would be to have one built for you if time is an issue.
    \"let\'\'\'\'s just say, they will be satisfied with less\" Ming the Merciless

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

I'd love to see a Yak 3 or even better.. something I know no RC designer has (to my knowledge).. a Lavochkin La-9. This would break the bank for me! The best of both worlds!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Sp45113.jpg 
Views:	5 
Size:	63.1 KB 
ID:	1811808   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Db84299.jpg 
Views:	5 
Size:	85.4 KB 
ID:	1811809  
    "IF" I'd stop staring at them, I'd get more done to them.
    Platt FW190, Holman FW190, Meister FW190, SIST FW190, TF FW190.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: Ramstein44

I'd love to see a Yak 3 or even better.. something I know no RC designer has (to my knowledge).. a Lavochkin La-9. This would break the bank for me! The best of both worlds!
    Bates has a 1/4 scale Yak-3 which is reportedly a very good flyer. Sierra does a stunning set of retracts for it as well.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Yes, I've seen the Bates version over on RCscalebuilder and it is a very stunning bird but I'd like to see Meister simplify it's build with that flat wing bottom or close to. Their designs seem to go together much easier too. I guess if I have to do a Bates, then so bee it but Meisters do fly better.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

I am in the middle of building the 47 and am enjoying the build. These planes make me look good. I would love a B-25, simply designed and about 120". ......Doug
    \" We didn\'\'t come here to drop paper\"......Buzz Rickson

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

By the way,Gary, I think Mirce is cheating. There must be 40 hour days over in Serbia, because I don't know how he can get all this done. It's not fair......lol.....Doug
    \" We didn\'\'t come here to drop paper\"......Buzz Rickson

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

He, he... Doug, day here is as long as in USA - 24 hours...

But, I'll told you my big secrets...
    I fulfill 4 golder modeler rule:

- to have time
    - to have where
    - to have resources (just enough for parts & models)

and most important:

- to have wife support

If any of this is missing - no chance....

OK, joking aside, my job and my hobby are under same roof.
    Unfortunately global crisis is here also, so I have more and more time for working on my models.

Regards

Mirce
    Rivets, Screws, Panel lines, Detail & Finish Sets, Paint Masks and other equipment for scale warbirds - www.nsmodelers.rs

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

1/5 Val Dive Bomber.

I like the P-38 idea too.

I'd like to see some .60 to 1.20 sized warbirds.
    Edwin

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

120" Mosquito and a 102" P 51 B please, Mossi first.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Yes, I've seen the Bates version over on RCscalebuilder and it is a very stunning bird but I'd like to see Meister simplify it's build with that flat wing bottom or close to. Their designs seem to go together much easier too. I guess if I have to do a Bates, then so bee it but Meisters do fly better.

The full size Yak-3 uses a Clark YH which is what is on the Bates model. That's pretty close to flat bottom already and works great on the model. (My 82" Yak-11 design also uses the YH and flies very nicely according to those that have flown it.) Of course a more sport scale model with simplified construction could be designed and I imagine Dino would probably go even bigger as the airplane is pretty small by Meister standards even at 1/4 scale. Come to think of it, didn't Meister acquire the rights to the Pat McCurry designed Yak-3 from a couple of years back? That one was designed to be a relatively simple to build sport model. Maybe Dino could be "urged" into having that one enlarged a bit?

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Dino, you out there listening?

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

The Mosquito would be great!!! I would buy it. Especially if prop extensions were available to hide the engines. P-38 would be good as well. I am doing a Ziroli B25 right now and a glass fuse would be a big time saver.
    \"The early bird may get the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese\". David

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

My vote would be for a B-25. I'd love to fly a twin and I know any future projects from Meister would be great. John Taylor

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Yup, La-7/9 is an awesome choice.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: Edwin

1/5 Val Dive Bomber.

I like the P-38 idea too.

I'd like to see some .60 to 1.20 sized warbirds.
    Edwin

OMGforgot to chime in for the Val!!! Or, on a wild hair since you said dreams.... how about the Japanese Aichi B7A Ryusei (Grace).OR.. hehehehe Nakajima B6N Tenzan (Jill). Sheesh and if you do that, how about a hellcat or wildcat for fun too.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: luckyb

By the way,Gary, I think Mirce is cheating. There must be 40 hour days over in Serbia, because I don't know how he can get all this done. It's not fair......lol.....Doug
    I'm with ya on that pal. I think he has a teem of builders off camera like those house flipping shows do.

Kidding aside, Mirce, you're builds are a pleasure to watch. You are inspiring.
    Cheers,

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Thanks guys for all the great ideas. I love them all. I like the idea of doing some of these in sizes that already exist so accessories and gear would already be available.

If even half of our dreams could come true, Dino would be one of the busiest guy on the planet. It would be great if he could make a few dollars as well.

I'd like to see Meister around for decades to come.

The wish list grows.

Cheers,

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

The Meister approach to design, considering flying characteristics, ease of construction, overall appearance, and then making accessories available, is hard to beat. Almost one-stop shopping for all the major components, including engines, not to mention the outstanding response time and fast shipping, on most items. This is why I wish all my favorite war birds were available as Meister kits.
    Cheers,

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Thanks Gary for kind words...

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Meister makes the majority of my favorites.. FW190, FW190D9, Zero and the Messerschmitt BF109. Now about that Yak or LA..

I'd also like to possibly see Meister get into the jet age.. Maybe a fun scale ME262.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: mirce

Thanks Gary for kind words...

You are very welcome my friend.
    Cheers,

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast