Community
Search
Notices
RC Warbirds and Warplanes Discuss rc warbirds and warplanes in this forum.

Vailley FW-190A-5

Search this Thread

Old 09-11-2003, 01:26 PM
grahamd1
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Vailley FW-190A-5

After much deliberation and badgering by Joe (Proflooney) I've decided (well as I've already got the plan) to press ahead with building one of my all time loves (I just love German WW2 planes) the FW-190A-5. I've bitten the bullet and last night I ordered the wood kit from http://www.laserlizard.com/ it was too much of a bargin to miss, Geeze thanks Joe, you free and easy with my money

The spec of the FW is

Wingspan ................ 90.5 inches
Wing Area ................1305 sq.inches
Overall Length ............ 76 inches
Weight ..................... 28 - 34 lbs.
Engine ...................... Zenoah G-45, G62, Quadra Q-50, Q-65

As my Quadra 52-S falls slap bang in the middle, its a done deal

Now I need as much encouragement and help from you lot as possible, tell me I'm doing the right thing (well too late already paid for)

Old 09-11-2003, 02:59 PM
ARTF

Default RE: Vailley FW-190A-5

Yes, you are doing the right thing! Even if it just means greyfly is more envious! Think of the beat-ups!!!!

Will
Old 09-11-2003, 03:19 PM
branded
My Feedback: (9)

Hmmm, well unless you build super light, and I mean exceptionally light, you're going to be a bit underpowerd IMO.

Mine had/has all the 'stuff' you can get into it including sliding canopy and came out at around 38lbs. I used a fiberglass fuse.

This airplane builds extremely tail heavy, and so no matter what you do, you'll need some nose weight to balance it. I first balanced it and realized that I had to add near 5lbs of lead to the nose. I instead opted to cut out the stab/elevators and rebuilt them using the softest, lightest balsa I could find. I also removed the retractable tailwheel and replaced it with a simple fixed wire strut/wheel.
These mods saved me 2 1/2 pounds of weight in the nose.

I first installed a GT80 but was unhappy with the performance. I later installed a BT86 and it was much more realistic as a fighter.

I first bought the Vailly retracts, but later replaced them with a set from Sierra Precision.

It's a nice airplane to fly.
Old 09-11-2003, 03:31 PM
grahamd1
My Feedback: (1)

Thanks guys, I always build light, but I'll watch the tail