Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Warbirds and Warplanes
Reload this Page >

Pratt & Whitney 1/5 scale radial engine for warbirds

Notices
RC Warbirds and Warplanes Discuss rc warbirds and warplanes in this forum.

Pratt & Whitney 1/5 scale radial engine for warbirds

Old 06-02-2013, 05:38 AM
77chickenhawk

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Pratt & Whitney 1/5 scale radial engine for warbirds

Yes I agree with Gary. I wouldn't for the first time, take the time to build a extravagant model for the engine. I would get yourself a nice ARF and modify it, stick that motor and it fly it for our viewing pleasure as Gary said in the earlier post.
Old 06-02-2013, 06:31 AM
BobH
My Feedback: (2)

Received 21 Likes on 21 Posts

You'll NEED a plane to showcase the engine I'm thinking. That way people will appreciate the performance of the engine in the plane as well as the aesthetics of it.

Old 06-02-2013, 06:34 AM
77chickenhawk

I do agree with that. But the most important thing is to just get the engine in the air and get some time on it .with some video. engine doesn't care how pretty the plane is just need to get up in the air
Old 06-02-2013, 07:55 AM
okieloco48
My Feedback: (8)

Hey Guys, anyone know of a good 1/5th scale Hellcat or Bearcat ARF? I have been searching the Internet but haven't found what I am looking for. I don't want to give in the thousands of dollars for it as it will only be used for a test bed for the R9.
Old 06-02-2013, 04:10 PM
ltdive

Are you looking at something in the 96" range?
http://www.austars-model.com/dispdet...01112221546572
have a look at this ,they are made in china      but it may be what your after

Old 06-10-2013, 02:31 PM
Authentic Scale

Hi,

I am Antonio Silva the founder of Authentic Scale engines and Joseph Bishop one of the engineers doing engine development for us just brought to my attention this thread of our Radial R9-200cc. Thank you for starting this thread. I will try to reply as fast as I can to any issues and questions raised here and will be using posts like this.
This is my first ever posting at RC Universe, so I hope my signature comes out......!!
Old 06-10-2013, 02:42 PM
Authentic Scale

Thank you for starting this thread. I will try to keep up with it replying the best I can.
ORIGINAL: 77chickenhawk

Here is a nice new treat that is coming out. Authentic scale is just about finished with their nine cylinder radial gas engine

http://pegasusengine.com/cart.php?m=
Old 06-10-2013, 04:03 PM
invertmast
My Feedback: (23)

Received 223 Likes on 114 Posts

ORIGINAL: okieloco48

Hey Guys, anyone know of a good 1/5th scale Hellcat or Bearcat ARF? I have been searching the Internet but haven't found what I am looking for. I don't want to give in the thousands of dollars for it as it will only be used for a test bed for the R9.

So your willing to stick a $5,000 engine on something not in the thousands of dollars range.. Considering this engine is a first run prototype, i would expect it to atleast go on an a proven airframe, not some crap from china that cost $800
Old 06-10-2013, 05:13 PM
okieloco48

Believe it or not, some of the less expensive airplanes fly quite well but don't look so hot as for scale fidelity! I am building an exact scale F8F-2 Bearcat for the final home of the R9 that I am testing. I really don't want to do alot of mods on the scale airplane. I would rather do that on a lesser airplane. When first setting up a new engine, fuel system and ignition system, it is better to risk a less expensive airplane to the possibility of dead stick landings, etc.
Old 06-10-2013, 06:17 PM
MANFRED
My Feedback: (27)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Why don't you mount it on the front of a Ziroli Stearman so we can see it in all it's glory. Lot less stress flying as well
Old 06-10-2013, 06:22 PM
invertmast
My Feedback: (23)

Received 223 Likes on 114 Posts

Believe it or not, some of the less expensive airplanes fly quite well but don't look so hot as for scale fidelity! I am building an exact scale F8F-2 Bearcat for the final home of the R9 that I am testing. I really don't want to do alot of mods on the scale airplane. I would rather do that on a lesser airplane. When first setting up a new engine, fuel system and ignition system, it is better to risk a less expensive airplane to the possibility of dead stick landings, etc.

Exactly my point.. they may fly well, but in my experiences they require allot of mods just to get them to stay together. Put the motor on something that is stupid easy to fly and has easy access to maintain it.. like an AMR Big-stick or something.. That way if you have issues with the motor, it is easily accessible and the airplane has a good chance in being able to glide back around to a safe landing...

This is a brand new design, it will possibly(probably) have some teething pains at first, so ease of access will be nice
Old 06-10-2013, 07:03 PM
okieloco48

A big Stearman would be great but in real life the R2800 would squash the Stearman. The Stearman's engine made about 225 HP and the R2800 made about 1750 Hp, LOL! But I have to agree it would showcase the engine! I have a little time before I get to that stage so I will come up with something. I have a scale 33% Monocoupe 110 Special that has a 12" dia cowl that I wanted to fit the R9 in but the engine is so long that it will not lend itself to the Monocoupe.

Something you guys may not have thought of is the fact that the R9 will fit into a 12" cowl which is a 1/5th scale fighter. This is a very small airplane to have a 200cc motor. It will make a 1/5th scale fighter plane a real sky rocket! The R2800 Twin Wasp will be coming later from Authentic Scale and will also fit in a 12" dia. cowl. It will be 400cc but will still fit a 1/5th scale fighter. I can't wait to fly one of those, LOL! May have torque issues but I'll bet I can overcome them! Might just possibly have to treat it like a full scale airplane instead of how most guys treat their model airplanes?
Old 06-10-2013, 07:16 PM
77chickenhawk

You're very welcome Antonio. This is Bruce if you remember I have had several conversations on the phone with you through the years. I had also mentioned to you that I started this thread to try and help increase popularity and possible sales. I'm sure your new company will take off like wildfire. Unfortunately the price increase has terminated any ideas of me buying one. But hopefully in time the price will drop.
Old 06-10-2013, 08:16 PM
ram3500-RCU
My Feedback: (221)

Received 12 Likes on 6 Posts

ORIGINAL: invertmast

Exactly my point.. they may fly well, but in my experiences they require allot of mods just to get them to stay together. Put the motor on something that is stupid easy to fly and has easy access to maintain it.. like an AMR Big-stick or something.. That way if you have issues with the motor, it is easily accessible and the airplane has a good chance in being able to glide back around to a safe landing...

This is a brand new design, it will possibly(probably) have some teething pains at first, so ease of access will be nice
I know you have designed this engine to be power for scale WWII fighters, but in the interests of getting flying, why not pick one of the many large aerobatic planes like the Yak, or Sukhoi, and just fly it. It just needs to be in the air. The scale users will come soon enough if it performs as we all hope it does.
Old 06-10-2013, 08:50 PM
77chickenhawk

DITTO
Old 06-10-2013, 09:43 PM
okieloco48

Thanks Guys for all your input! As I said, I have a little while before I need an airplane and will choose something as a test bed. I am a real fan of the Sukhoi and may choose one to act as the test bed. Does anyone know of a Sukhoi that has a 12" or bigger cowl? Again, I will say, I am not looking for an expensive airplane as it will get a lot of alterations to suit the R9. After initial flight tests, I will remove the engine and hang it on the wall.
Old 06-18-2013, 02:10 PM
Authentic Scale

Hi,

The R-14 and R-18 will be ready in 2014. They will have the same OD of the R9 and R-7 1/5 scale engines but with 320cc and 400cc

Antonio Silva / Authentic Scale
Old 06-18-2013, 03:10 PM
LA7flier
My Feedback: (1)

I'm always excited to see new innovations and products in this great hobby of ours and I am a dedicated warbird guy for 40 years! That said, the marketing challenges will likely be substantial. The potential market is pretty small due exclusively to the price point of this motor. Every one of us would love to put one of these in our warbirds but when it comes to whipping out the credit card, most of us ask ourselves a series of fundamental questions; 1) can I explain a $5000 engine to "la Petrona"? The only way It works for me is if there is a matching $5000 purchase for her so the price of the engine has just doubled. 2) for roughly 1/5th the cost, I can get an outstanding motor with plenty of power and super easy to start and run...it's called a DA....the drawback is the sound which leads me to the third question 3) can I justify spending all this money for sound and looks?

Undoubtably, the are some that can and will buy this beauty but, unfortunately, I won't be one of them.....does the business model work selling a few dozen rather than a few hundred? I hope someone thought that through...best of luck to all involved..it is a beauty!
Old 06-18-2013, 03:13 PM
Authentic Scale

Hi Bruce,

Again, thank you for starting this thread. Let me explain to all a few situations raised by some earlier posts here:

1- The logistics is what is killing us. The delay in releasing the engine has to do with the fact that we do not have in-house machining capabilities.
Everytime we run the engine and we want to change/upgrade/adjust tolerances, it takes 3 weeks to get new parts. Meanwhile, we sit and wait........
We have been like this since last March. Adjusting tolerances of pars are VERY important in this test phase because all our parts are machine from CNC (expect the valve covers and rocker arms).
We are now leasing a VMC (vertical milling) 5-axis and a Turing center 4-axis due to having 40 engines in the pipe line under design. Our engine design engineer Bob is located in Australia and we keep constantly taking him of the Single piston engines design to do the fixes. Meanwhile our test engineer Joe located in Oklahoma, keeps waiting for the new adjusted parts to come and to continue engine testing............this is what is delaying so much the release of the engine.
We will NOT release the R9-200cc until all is perfectly adjusted. As of now, it looks July we could do it. We have only 2 issues now pending and the new parts are on the way to the shop for testing, due early next week.
We have 38 engines pre-sold (that I know of) but none will go out "until the fat lady sings". With the leasing of the CNC machinery, the following engines will be totally prototype in-house and we can change and machine parts in the same day!!!! Better then 3 weeks. This means, we may get the R7-160cc ready for late October and the R5-111 and R-3 by late November. I am hoping to get the 1/4 scale R5-260cc and the 37% scale R5-510cc ready by late December. At least all the design will be completed. Next we will release the 1/6 scale radials R9-98cc, R7-74cc and we decided to add the R5-52cc also.

2- Videos: I hope during June we can have decent (HD quality) videos of bench testing. We have traded with Mark/Balsa USA an engine against a completly assembled/painted USA Balsa Stearman 1/3 scale (118" ws). I was hoping to deliver the engine and get the plane at the Warbirds over Delaware......or I will have to drive North to get it. This and some planes by Andy Cane (CARF models USA sales manager) are also ready. So the flying videos will come in July, we hope. Plus we have our first custom scale plane a B-25 ready at the manufacturing facility waiting for the engines for flight testing (one of 20 planes ordered for sale). It is 1/5 scale with 198" ws, all metal covered with a complete painted cockpit.
We have our Torque bench ready loaded with software to post the Torque, HP, fuel burn of each engine.
For our 3, 4 (later 5) blade props we will post the thrust/pitch. These will be displayed as a graphic in our website page of EACH engine we will offer for sale.

3- Splines: the crankshaft is made, like all gears, of Steel 4140. Then hardened to Rc 60. The counter weight is machined together with the crankshaft that is all in ONE PIECE. The spline is 17mm OD. If you ever break this or even bend it, as Joe already reported here on a post before, do not worry about the rest but where or what the plane hit. If you hit the prop on the ground, bet the props may break. That is all. We are familiar with the repair cost of another "known" brand of radials when this happens.........

4- Engine OD: R9-200cc is 280mm with the valve covers. That is 11". The Meister cowling for the Corsair is the smallest of all 1/5 scale and the engine fits into it. I had all cowlings with me at Top Gun, courtesy of Frank Tiano . Plus you can put 3-5 degrees of right thrust easy. As Joe noted, 1/5 scale WW2 fighter with the R9-200cc engine will fly like a mortal soul possessed by whatever you imagine!! The R-9 engine OD is smaller then all Mokis except the 150. Our R7-160cc is smaller then the Moki 150cc. The Seidels are out - too big, good for paper weight. Our R5-111cc will surprise you how tight it will be. Our 1/4 scale R5-260cc and 37% scale R5-510cc will NOT be wider then our R9-200, thus smaller then all the other brands!!! The reason is, we butt the cylinder flanges. It requires the engineering to be done exactly as P&W did, NOT deviding the engine equally as Moki and Seidel does, which actually causes far higher engine vibration requiring more effort to counter-balance the engine internally, another waist of power. Thus the mechanics inside of our radials operate as P&W do; compensating the ellyptical travel of the con rods is done in the master rod. But you need to know how to do it since EACH piston have a difference displacement, BUT with the compensation, ALL pistons reach the same TDC, thus having the same compression ratio which is about 9.5:1 on the R9-200cc, unlike 6.3-6.7 for the "other" brand of radial engines.......

Let me open another post and continue................

Antonio Silva / Authentic Scale

Old 06-18-2013, 04:44 PM
Authentic Scale

Hi Bruce,

continue...........

5- Carburetor initially will be Walbro (pending final venturi size). We have a custom carby under design perhaps to debut next year. Joe is designing this in Oklahoma and it will be custom made to resolve the model engine troubles due to low air velocity (thus bad atomization).

6- Price: for the R9-200 we have 2 prices posted: with all external scale bolt down features (luky those buyers who pre-order, they will get the engines with all features) and without those features (about $400 less). Later the scale parts can be purchased and added. All the bolts come with the engine. Our engine will compete power wise with the Moki 250cc - this engine costs, without fuel pump, turbulator (fuel atomization), how much???
Our engine comes with supercharger for fuel atomization, electric fuel pump and 2 years warranty BOTH engine and cdi ignition. Our cdi ignition has built-in Kill Switch, RPMcable out, multi-spark discharge for smooth start/low RPM's operation. EACH spark puts out 20,000V with 25 mJ (flat constant, from start to 6,500 RPM) to punch harder through dirt/oil for longer spark plug duration. And it draws only 2,9 Amps/hour with a 7,2V (2-cell, 5,000 Amps battery is recommended). Keep adding........
Yes, our R9-200cc engine with 9 cylinders WITHOUT external scale features with all above computed, is about the same cost as the Moki 250 with 5 cylinders. And the complete engine with all scale parts on it is only about $550 more. BUT the Retail price PER CYLINDER of our engine is about $500 and the Moki 250 around $880 (with all above needed accessoris included). Even the Seidel/Evolution 260cc with 7 cylinders is about $457/cylinder.
Our engine can be more expensive TOTAL price, but in fact we have the lowest Retail cost of any brand out there for this model engines if you put all dots together !!!. And our engines are ALL CNC machined from solid bar, NOT castings. Tooling costs alone have so far exceeded $80,000 ONLY for this engine. Our engines do not looke like had small pox as casting parts look like. Most external parts are anodized.
All tubes are SS 304 and our collector ring is the ONLY scale, that is tapered, EVER created for commercial model engine production. It takes 14 jigs to get all the tubes in place and it comes with a 1/8" oil nipple standard.
Plus, we will add the electric starter and possible the onboard generator late this Summer (optional items - the mounts come with the engine).
Keep adding please........our engine is expensive?? How come Moki has been selling well all this years? And Seidel/Evolution sell?? And Valach?

Depending on sales, and this is VERY relative, we could see prices being reduced. But it requires higher cycling of the CNC shops - that means from our side higher sales. That is why we have, after the R9-200 engine a pressing desire to launch the 8 Single piston engines under design and may introduce the Boxers (Flats) before the V-12 (so far, the V-12 is still ahead....).
Again, this is relative. It takes 1 hour to machine 1 cylinder head, 1 hour per cranshaft, 2 hours for the nose cone alone, 40 minutes for the rear Intake/Mount......and each VMC 5-axis machine costs upwards $180,000 and a Turning center 4-axis about $150,000 Where is the money for all this coming from??? But the volume of sales of Single piston engines world wide is large.
Now you see why we use common parts design approach where in EACH scale 99% of all parts are common and the Singles borrow 85% of the radials.......

There is another way: if you sell your used Moki or Seidel on E-Bay, you will only need half of the money to purchase a complete R9-200 engine from us, the basic one without external parts. Next year, you add the scale parts as a birthday present. "La patrona" will not mind this approach.......
The initial market, very clear after our trip to Germany for the Prowing International, probably will be 150 units/year for the R9-200cc alone. We have 38 pre-orders as per my partner David whom handles engine assembly & customer service from our shop in Alabama. I am located in Maryland and handle the engineering/development/manufacturing contracting (and now this Forum...).

6- Notice I mentioned above a 37% scale radial engine. Yes, we have added the 100cc cylinder to the P&W line of engines, and that will come to 37% (this always represents the OD of the engine compared to the original that pretends to mimic).
The 37% scale will be made in R5-510cc, R7-735cc, R9-950cc only. The OD for the R9-950cc, will be about 486 mm and about 76 HP minimum.
We have also revised the water-cooled V-12 Merlin II. Although the external dimentions remain at 1/5 scale (153mm wide), the Stroke went up to 38mm, thus BxS = 29 x 38 This equates 301cc = 18,3 cu in. This is now the final displacement of this engine. Hopefully next Summer will be barking. With 25cc/cylinder, the following water-cooled engines V8, Inline 6 and 4 will benefict a lot (these will be "cut" from the V-12, with the V-8 getting a 90 degrees bank to mimic the Hispano-Suiza).
We also closed on the choice for the Boxer (Flats) engines. It is the Continental engine with its cute crankcase. We will offer an optional supercharger with EFI system (electronic fuel injection). With this said, our supercharger design has been chosen as well.
We are also working already on a second generation of cdi units, designed here in the USA as well (like the first generation, but using ONLY 1 magnet and 1 Hall sensor for all engines up to 28 cylinders).
And scale planes: we have initiated the process to get them out. The first planes will be 1/3 scale FW-190 and Me-109 followed by 28% Corsair and 1/3 scale Macchie MC-200. We are still looking at the 1/3 scale Corsair as well. But most of all, we think production will be totally in Alabama, in our shop.

We have not yet started the design of the jet turbines, but upfront we will reduce the fuel consumption by a conservative 40-50% per designated thrust.
We negotiated exclusivity from Pratt & Whitney to use their name. We hope the development of the turbines will start on the last quarter 2013

7- Website: it is vastelly outdated. Needs a clean up, but we will find time to do it soon...

8- Newsletter: for those whom want to be updated about the engines developments/release for sale, send me an E-mail. We are putting a Newsletter together that it will go out soon. Periodically we will send updates of any new product or to come or modifications, etc....

9- Sorry my typing....it is only 2 fingers. Keep in touch folks and thank you for posting. Thank you Bruce - keep in touch.

Antonio Silva , president Authentic Scale

Old 06-18-2013, 05:29 PM
tp777fo
My Feedback: (28)

Received 126 Likes on 87 Posts

Antonio
I wish you guys all the luck in developing your motors. But....for now they are pipe dreams. I cant see one run. Cant hold one in my grubby paws. I cant invest my limited hobby money in something that still isnt there. Personally i am concerned about you trying to develop a $5k motor and want to test it on a $700 chinese arf. Find a successful airframe and protect your investment....and future sales. I have a carf corsair that needs a motor....make me want one of yours. Dont want to be an ***** but your marketing is way ahead of your devevelopment and production. Hope to see one run very soon....and again good luck with your products.
Old 06-19-2013, 07:54 AM
ltdive

This is a reply to tp777fo and many other doubters out there.
Antonio stated that Andy Cane  (Carf models) has airframes waiting for the engines that should tell you something
if you have a look on youtube  (easy search) you will see the guys running the prototype
As to cost, as others have said they think it is a lot of money just ask any scale turbine flyer they often spent upwards of $8000 and Europe has a huge market in turbine boats think  $10000 plus for one of those 2.6mtr 100mph monsters
so for me 9 cylinders or 5 well i go for more and cast in alloy or billet machined well you know the answer and scale looks with the permission of P&W over its a five cyl radial  i go the P&W and as to untested ask anyone with a Moki/RCS and they will all say problems with hot and cold cylinders hard to get smooth idle and if you don't get the electric fuel pump (here in Australia it is a $265 extra) it will never run right and that a Moki 250 here is more than $4500
Sorry to harp on but these guys are Really trying to bring new life to our sport just as Moki/RCS  did and i know everybody said they were too much money now look at how many round engines you see at fly ins
And of the V12?? you can bet everybody out there will want one for their P51 just imagine seeing and hearing that at topgun
Atus already have a 1/5  V12 working with 30 plus inch props and there are companies now producing scale props to fit it Solo props for one
So pipe dreams ? i don't think so i have waited many years for someone to bring out a true scale radial for the masses so i say keep going guys
DA engines may be cheaper but if you want scale you want scale

Old 06-19-2013, 08:51 AM
Authentic Scale

Hi Itdive,
You are correct. The population is going into 8 billion............there is a market out there, especially if you get a HIGH torque engine with no atomization and ignition issues!!!
Plus, my report shows Moki sales at about 750-900 units/year. And we have Valach sales as well..........plus Seidel/Evolution....and look at the Moki 7-cylinder 250 prices!!!
We expect an initial sale of about 150 units/year for the R9-200cc (1/5 scale). Australia alone ordered (Wolf Models) 4 engines. And Bob our engineer was at a big RC jet show near Adelaide and took some of the photos....the guys were amazed this was being manufactured, asking when it would be available for sale. There is market for unique products. Even "G" the owner of CARF models told me this last Top Gun in Florida. He himseld is getting a P-47 ready for our R9-200cc engine....
First, we need to put the product out ther......., but ONLY when it is ready and fine tuned.
We know the R5's engines will have the highest volume of sales. That is why you see so many of them in our Production schedule. BUT, except for gyro-copter use, I do not know any other useful scale application for R5 engines. And P&W did not make them, so our R5 engines will not carry the designation P&W - just R5-xxx (and no scale features on the nose cone will be available; actually the nose cone will be simplified for the R5 and R3 engines, to keep the others with the "distinct" P&W look).
Scale is scale and a 5 cylinder is NOT scale - but it will be always less expensive then a 9 cylinder!! It comes down to the cost PER cylinder and we are at about 40% below our "main" competitor. We are doing VERY well production cost wise. And with a superb finish (you have to have one ion your hands)....
The engine will be tested on CARF planes (Andy Cane is the CARF representative in the USA and now also our dealer, just 15 minutes from my house here in Maryland). He has some Acrobatic Su28/31 plus a Corsair. And he will be flying our B-25 198" ws with the engines as well. Plus the 1/3 Stearman - these are not $700 planes, even if buying only the kits. All these planes are fully built and ready. In Alabama we have a SU-28 ready owned by our in-house test pilot Eddy. And Joe, our technical engineer in Oklahoma is getting ready a Bearcat as well.....good test planes are no problems!!
As for the V-12, we know fixed the final displacement at 301cc (18,3 cu in). The Atus V-12 engine costs upwards $10,000 and it is wider, taller and heavier then ours. So, not a 1/5 scale, thus it will not fit inside a 1/5 scale cowling. Our V-12 Merlin II will come with standard electric starter, radiator and reduction gear. The reduction gear will offer a STANDARD and an OPTIONAL set of epicyclical gears to give 1:1 (3,000 RPM) or 1:2 (6,000 RPM) and the hubs will allow our exact scale 1/5 and 1/4 props to be mounted, but unlike the hubs of the radial engines that allow 35 degrees pitch, the V-12 will allow upwards 45 degrees. Just like the original ones.
Our exact scale props are made also in Australia by Bolly Props.
Solo props/hubs will NOT fit our engine because ALL ENGINES will have splines, EVEN the Single piston engines. Our range of exact scale props will go from 1/6 to 1/4 scale (perhaps a 1/3 scale as well).
Again, the V-12 it will NOT be a high volume sales engine, reason why I mentioned we will offer Inline air-cooled engines (2 cylinders, 100cc, 200cc and 300cc). But about 50 to 100 engines per year we expect to sell.
You get what you pay for - there is no way we can go below what we are doing production cost wise. Unless we end-up like another brand did.......!!!!! That is some things had to be done in the USA only for quality and long life engine operation and these costs much more then the original production cost estimate we had.
We batch a minimum of 100 engines for EACH model to keep costs down. We will try to batch about 300 for each Single, to move CNC cycling upwards. But all this is relative, depending on the volume of sales.....
The other Boxer engine that was mentioned in one post is NOT scale either. Reason why we decided to select the Continental head design for our Flats together with the Continental crankcase design. But I believe we can compete below the other brand prices, based on the experience we now have of the production cost for the R9-200cc engine. Next year, the Flats will be out from 2 to 6 cylinders (F2, F4, F60).
We ONLY MAKE 4-Stroke gasoline fuel engines. The sound and smooth operation is the way to go......and machined from solid bar for an exceptional finish and strenght.
Next week June 24-30 we will resume testing of the last 2 parts we made some adjustments (tolerances). I believe this will satisfy our needs. I just got the track # of FedEx and these parts are on the way to us (enough for 3 engines)
We will be displaying the engine at the exclusive Radial Engines meeting in Germany June 29-30 following the Warbirds over Delaware in the USA.
Just a little bit of patience and we will debut the R9-200cc

Thank you again for posting.
Old 06-19-2013, 09:33 AM
Authentic Scale

ORIGINAL: tp777fo

Antonio
I wish you guys all the luck in developing your motors. But....for now they are pipe dreams. I cant see one run. Cant hold one in my grubby paws. I cant invest my limited hobby money in something that still isnt there. Personally i am concerned about you trying to develop a $5k motor and want to test it on a $700 chinese arf. Find a successful airframe and protect your investment....and future sales. I have a carf corsair that needs a motor....make me want one of yours. Dont want to be an ***** but your marketing is way ahead of your devevelopment and production. Hope to see one run very soon....and again good luck with your products.
Tom,

I will send you a PM when we release the engine for sale. The CARF corsair cowling is perfect. The Meister is tighter but still fits. Soon, you will be able to hold one in your hands......

Old 06-19-2013, 06:24 PM
ltdive

Mine is going into a century Jet Sea Fury the cowl is a bit too small but when pilots had trouble with Centaurus engine part availability they swapped out for PW R 2800   and 3350 engine so mine will have the cowl mods to to emulate a 3350 set up which will give me the clearance i need and still be very scale 

Bruce at Century Jet is very happy with the design change and is looking forward to seeing it

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.