Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Warbirds and Warplanes
Reload this Page >

* ESM Hawker Sea Fury 80" *

Notices
RC Warbirds and Warplanes Discuss rc warbirds and warplanes in this forum.

* ESM Hawker Sea Fury 80" *

Old 11-10-2012, 05:13 AM
Zippi
My Feedback: (10)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default * ESM Hawker Sea Fury 80" *

I haven't had a Warbird in years and I thought it was about time I got one again. I have a DLE 55 and some HS-5645-MG servos so I'm on the hunt for a project. ESM seems to have a nice line up of Warbirds and I'm just curious about the quality, flight charactaristics, CG issues, etc. The 80" Hawker Sea Fury caught my eye and I'm not sure what "etched polyester film" is when their video says covered in Solortex and painted. Etched polyester film sounds kinda cheap to me. Also, how about their V3 electric retracts. Is V3 working any better than the other verions? Looking for some feedback on the Hawker Sea Fury and the retracts.

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Db84706.jpg
Views:	106
Size:	32.2 KB
ID:	1819017  
Old 11-10-2012, 05:28 AM
VIRGINIA MODEL BUILDERS
My Feedback: (159)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: * ESM Hawker Sea Fury 80

We are authrized dealers for ESM and Ecom rc
The film and paint is as follows.
Just as many of us who build kits, ESM applies a clear paintable film to the wooden flying surfaces.Similar to applying coverite except it is lighter.Next the entire plane is painted with the colors of the plane. The declas are then applied and finally a clear top cote is sprayed on the entire air frame.
As for our new electric retracts version 3 G III the speed you will see is 4 -5 seconds up and down.They are driven by a jack screw.
I would be happy to confer with you directly
Simon
[email protected] tel 804-217-8688
Old 11-10-2012, 06:09 AM
Zippi

ORIGINAL: VIRGINIA MODEL BUILDERS

We are authrized dealers for ESM and Ecom rc
The film and paint is as follows.
Just as many of us who build kits, ESM applies a clear paintable film to the wooden flying surfaces.Similar to applying coverite except it is lighter.Next the entire plane is painted with the colors of the plane. The declas are then applied and finally a clear top cote is sprayed on the entire air frame.
As for our new electric retracts version 3 G III the speed you will see is 4 -5 seconds up and down.They are driven by a jack screw.
I would be happy to confer with you directly
Simon
[email protected] tel 804-217-8688
Thanks for the info. If I decide to buy an ESM plane I'll wait til the Christmas specials come out.
Old 12-17-2012, 04:01 PM
Zippi

Can someone tell me if this color scheme was used by the British Royal Navy? If not, who used this color scheme?
Old 12-18-2012, 04:51 AM
IB

The scheme is Royal Navy and the black and white stripes were applied during the Suez Crisis to all allied aircraft. The upper surfaces were Extra Dark Sea Grey, not the lighter grey as seen in the photo above, all other areas were Sky Type "S" or Duck Egg Blue as it was known. The aircraft were in gloss paint and the wheel wells and struts were a gloss white, hope this helps.

Ian B
Old 12-18-2012, 08:55 AM
Chad Veich
My Feedback: (60)

Received 25 Likes on 23 Posts

ORIGINAL: Zippi
Can someone tell me if this color scheme was used by the British Royal Navy? If not, who used this color scheme?
Here is what they were shootin' for Zippi. Missed it by "that much"!

Old 12-18-2012, 09:52 AM
Zippi

ORIGINAL: IB

The scheme is Royal Navy and the black and white stripes were applied during the Suez Crisis to all allied aircraft. The upper surfaces were Extra Dark Sea Grey, not the lighter grey as seen in the photo above, all other areas were Sky Type ''S'' or Duck Egg Blue as it was known. The aircraft were in gloss paint and the wheel wells and struts were a gloss white, hope this helps.

Ian B
So your saying that the color scheme above at the top is not accurate? I thought I saw a full scale with the same scheme.
Old 12-18-2012, 12:15 PM
IB

Zippi

I'm saying the colour grey is too light on the top photo but this could be the photo itself. However, there are quite a few European aircraft restored on the American register that have the wrong colours due to the paint applied being incorrect to start with. Often the nearest Federal Standard is used as opposed to the European British or German Standards. Might seem a little nitpicky but you asked
Old 12-18-2012, 12:37 PM
pacoflyer
My Feedback: (23)

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Another posible option might be to inquire if the manufacturer, ESM would sell you an unpainted Sea Fury.
You could even go "Reno" then if you like...

paul
Old 12-18-2012, 01:25 PM
Chad Veich
My Feedback: (60)

Received 25 Likes on 23 Posts

ORIGINAL: Zippi

ORIGINAL: IB

The scheme is Royal Navy and the black and white stripes were applied during the Suez Crisis to all allied aircraft. The upper surfaces were Extra Dark Sea Grey, not the lighter grey as seen in the photo above, all other areas were Sky Type ''S'' or Duck Egg Blue as it was known. The aircraft were in gloss paint and the wheel wells and struts were a gloss white, hope this helps.

Ian B
So your saying that the color scheme above at the top is not accurate? I thought I saw a full scale with the same scheme.
The picture I posted is of the exact airplane that ESM was attempting to duplicate. It is owned by the Royal Navy Historic Flight and I can assure you the colors on the restored Sea Fury are MUCH more accurate than those on the ESM model. The colors on the ESM model are more like those used on Canadian Sea Furies. See the series of articles below for more on Canadian Furies if interested.

http://www.clubhyper.com/reference/s...colorsjh_1.htm
http://www.clubhyper.com/reference/s...colorsjh_2.htm
http://www.clubhyper.com/reference/s...colorsjh_3.htm
http://www.clubhyper.com/reference/s...colorsjh_4.htm
http://www.clubhyper.com/reference/s...colorsjh_5.htm
http://www.clubhyper.com/reference/s...colorsjh_6.htm
Old 12-18-2012, 02:31 PM
Zippi

I appreciate all the info guys.
Old 12-20-2012, 05:15 AM
Zippi

I did find this picture. The color is pretty close but the markings are different.

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Fd91326.jpg
Views:	166
Size:	24.0 KB
ID:	1832194