Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Warbirds and Warplanes
Reload this Page >

NEW Flyzone / Select Scale 48" span Corsair EP w retracts.

Community
Search
Notices
RC Warbirds and Warplanes Discuss rc warbirds and warplanes in this forum.

NEW Flyzone / Select Scale 48" span Corsair EP w retracts.

Search this Thread

Old 12-17-2012, 12:49 PM
CorsairJock
My Feedback: (90)

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Default NEW Flyzone / Select Scale 48" span Corsair EP w retracts.

It appears that FlyZone's followup to the popular FW190 (I have one: they raised the bar with this ARF/ RTF) is an F4U-1A Corsair, complete with rotating retracts and operating main gear doors:
http://www.flyzoneplanes.com/airplan...030/index.html
http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...&I=LXCPFR&P=ML
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Yw68677.jpg
Views:	22
Size:	36.3 KB
ID:	1831194   Click image for larger version

Name:	Hc93732.jpg
Views:	19
Size:	31.4 KB
ID:	1831195   Click image for larger version

Name:	Db85929.jpg
Views:	31
Size:	21.7 KB
ID:	1831196  
Old 12-17-2012, 04:11 PM
Chad Veich
My Feedback: (60)

Received 25 Likes on 23 Posts
Default RE: NEW Flyzone / Select Scale 48

I had seen the adverts in the mags for this one but really did not pay much attention to it until today when I received a new Tower Catalog in the mail. It really looks great! Had I not just ordered the .60 size ARF I may have considered this one. With a bit of "customizing" it could be a real attention getter.
Old 12-18-2012, 09:43 AM
Chucksolo69

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I just got one of these. The plane is big and very well finished. My only beef is with the inclusion of the Super Tiger connectors on the ESC. I have since ordered a Super tiger to Deans Ultra Plug adapter for mine.
Old 12-18-2012, 12:31 PM
CorsairJock
My Feedback: (90)

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

I'm with ya Chucksolo69, I use Dean's exclusively, had to convert my FW190 over. I would buy the Tx ready version anyway, swap out the Rx for one of my Futaba 2.4 units, and buy ether a Great Planes OR a Venom battery pack.

The Great Planes one has Deans already installed (just need to convert the ESC, and cost about 1/2 as much as the FlyZone. The Venom cost $10 less that the Great Planes ($19.99) and comes without connector. I figure with Tower member discounts, I could get plane and battery pack for about $200 shipped.\

SO, tell me more about yours. How easy is it to remove wing and reassemble. Reason I ask: I would LOVE to have a Corsair like this that could be transported in my motorcycle trailer:
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Xv64880.jpg
Views:	19
Size:	218.0 KB
ID:	1831589  
Old 12-18-2012, 05:15 PM
splais
My Feedback: (25)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have had this plane for about a month now. Many flights. I post comments someplace here, but this plane is sweet. I also have the flyzone FW. The FW is a nice plane, the Corsair is a great plane, has more power and just plain fun to fly. I have flown it on both the FW 10x6x3 and a MA 11x5x3 prop. It flies and looks great with a three blade. The landing gear is pretty bulletproof. You do need to be careful about buying batteries. In order to get CG right the battery mounts crosswise in the nose. Any battery longer than 104/105mm will not fit. I use a 40c, Turnigy 2200mah 3s, works great. This is a very high class foamy stock right out of the box. I would not use the any link system though, several people at our field have had problems with them, buy the Rx Ready and use your own Rx and be happy.

PS: one thing I forgot to mention. Unless you are using a battery that is loose in the battery compartment do not put Velcro on it. All my batteries fit snugly and are near impossibly to get in and out with Velcro on them.