Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Warbirds and Warplanes
Reload this Page >

Hanger 9 60 size ME109F- FINALLY!!!

Community
Search
Notices
RC Warbirds and Warplanes Discuss rc warbirds and warplanes in this forum.

Hanger 9 60 size ME109F- FINALLY!!!

Search this Thread

Old 06-11-2013, 12:50 AM
ilmiglia

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Hanger 9 60 size ME109F- FINALLY!!!

Nice BUBI color scheme!!!!!
I change the allu motor mount with the H9 included in the box and cut the firewall as you said. Is still drying ,let's see.
Then I put longer servo arms in the inner flaps to mach the movements with the outer flaps. Thats mean that if you look at the plane frome the front with flaps down I should see a straight line ?

Thanks for the suggestions
Old 06-11-2013, 04:52 AM
ashveratu

Here is a brief video of my flap setup. The throws are about 4mm short of the recommendations in the manual and I am tired of messing with them. I basically adjusted them so they have the same angle of deflection. I hope this helps.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F3uWO...ature=youtu.be
Old 06-11-2013, 06:43 AM
kahloq

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: ilmiglia

Nice BUBI color scheme!!!!!
I change the allu motor mount with the H9 included in the box and cut the firewall as you said. Is still drying ,let's see.
Then I put longer servo arms in the inner flaps to mach the movements with the outer flaps. Thats mean that if you look at the plane frome the front with flaps down I should see a straight line ?

Thanks for the suggestions
I also forgot to mention that I put the inboard flaps on a separate channel and put the travel adjustment to +150/-150 compared to the +100/-100 of the mid wing flap sections.
Old 06-11-2013, 07:08 AM
gonsos

kahloq What prop did you finally used? I was thinking in the same motor but your combo 18/10 8S and Eflite 90 motor shows approximately 2.400 W what I believe is far too much for the motor. Am I right?
I’m thinking in 18/10 Hyperion Zs403512 7S2P 3300mAh 1.700W. The motor is 70gr heavier than E-flite so I expect I won't nedd to add any waste lead.
Old 06-11-2013, 07:13 PM
kahloq

ORIGINAL: gonsos

kahloq What prop did you finally used? I was thinking in the same motor but your combo 18/10 8S and Eflite 90 motor shows approximately 2.400 W what I believe is far too much for the motor. Am I right?
I’m thinking in 18/10 Hyperion Zs403512 7S2P 3300mAh 1.700W. The motor is 70gr heavier than E-flite so I expect I won't nedd to add any waste lead.
Im actually using an 18x12 turnigy type E wood prop. Specs on Horizonhobby's site show 1800 watts for an eflite power90....however, E-flite and horizon always spec their motors really conservative.
While flying this plane, ive never went full throttle except in takeoff. I dont need to fly it max throttle and that was part of the reason I set my plane up the way I did....ie MAssive prop...high pitch and I can cruise around at 1/2 throttle and still be flying pretty darn quick AND get good long 8-9 min flights.

Im not new in any respect to electric setups and I know what Im doing and how I want my planes to fly. No one has to use the same setup I do.

Use whatever motor you want. My setup works quite well for me and not needing to add but 1oz of lead was a bonus.
Old 06-12-2013, 08:40 AM
gonsos

Thanks kahloq,
I only wanted to be sure that E-Flite 90 is able to hold that setup. Very useful information.
Old 06-20-2013, 03:54 AM
JazzboneCuit

'Lo all....Finally started the build a couple nights ago and started with the wing section, everything looks great...added some extra epoxy to the mounting blocks for a little added piece of mind...
Having a little issue with the outer flaps though...Iwent by the book and dropped in the flap servo and cut a push rod to the exact length it called for...but when Ifeed the rod through and check the angle of deflection, there is not near what it calls for. The rods are attached to the control horns it calls for (inner hole on servo arm and outer hole on control horn)...are others having similar issues? I'll try moving the rod to the outter hole on the servo when I get back to it tonight. Itried flipping the servo around thinking Idropped it in backwards, but pretty sure it's positioned right...when installed in the wing, the control horn is closest to the leading edge of the wing...everyone else setting these up by the book?

Jazzbone

Old 06-20-2013, 10:02 AM
kahloq

Answered u on rcg. Also...I put the travel adjustment for the inner flaps at max 150 instead of default 100 I n the radio.
Old 06-20-2013, 10:04 AM
ashveratu

I posted this brief video of my flap setup on rcgroups earlier. I hope it helps some. FYI, the throws on the flaps fall about 4mm short of the manuals recommendations.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F3uWOGiHn2k
Old 06-20-2013, 12:55 PM
JazzboneCuit

Thanks, dont know how i missed that vid....
I know digital servos are noisy, but these spektrums are something else....

Jazzbone

Old 12-18-2013, 04:49 PM
Doug D.

OKay guys! Who has actualy made some flite time happen on this ARF? I got mine earlier this year and have been assembling it as per the assembly manual.
I've installed a Saito 1.25, Hitec and Futaba servos, Futaba TX and RX. Haven't balanced it yet, but I'm thinking at least a pound or more in the nose. There are a few issues that I don't like, but I can live with some and changed others. It's an ARF!
Anyway what kind of flite characteristics does this model have? And how close are they to the real thing that I've read about for so many years? We have a Top Gun modeler in our club that has flow a sratch built Emil for a few times at that event (Top Gun) and he doesn't say much nice about this ARF.

Thanks,

Doug D.
Old 12-19-2013, 05:16 AM
ilmiglia

Hi Doug , I'm flying my H9 (electric setup so the TOW is 6+ Kg) Me109 since august and I like it. Is not a initial pilot plane. The TO is always tricky, without a gyro on the rudder she has a tendency to go to the left no matter how rudder inputs you give.I use 1/2 flap. Normaly I advance slowly the power until the tail rise and then gently I give max power. 8 on10 times it works fine. If you do not coordinate well the throttle with the rudder and elevator the risk is to touch the ground with the wingtip and then is just a matter of luck. As I heard from Kahaloq the use of the gyro will neutralize the problem. When in the air I notice that when I retract the gear during the turn the plane react wird (no good close to the ground) so I always rise the gear in level flight and no more problems. The fly is very fluid, scale and light. Of course all the radio inputs must be gently and progressive. All fighter manouvres are easy and you can fly inverted with no problems. I set the flaps as instructions with 3 seconds delayand no strange reactions during the deployments. With full flaps the speed is low for a slow flyby but for the landing I prefere keep the speed higher assisting the landing with 1/4 of power. When crossing the threshold at about 3 feet,
cut the power slowly and flare very gently until the main touch the ground and waiting fot the tail touching and let the speed going to zero before any turns. Always perfect soft and straight. So at the end, for an ARF the Me109 is a good flying model. With my E setup I fly 7 minutes + a goaround flying a mix program, slow and fast or up manouvres and1/2 power flyby. I'm very satisfied.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Me109atter1.JPG
Views:	489
Size:	1.49 MB
ID:	1948912   Click image for larger version

Name:	Me109virata.JPG
Views:	446
Size:	1.02 MB
ID:	1948913   Click image for larger version

Name:	bn1.JPG
Views:	552
Size:	1.07 MB
ID:	1948914   Click image for larger version

Name:	Me109rove.JPG
Views:	474
Size:	1.05 MB
ID:	1948916   Click image for larger version

Name:	bn3.JPG
Views:	393
Size:	523.3 KB
ID:	1948917  
Old 12-19-2013, 05:22 PM
Doug D.

Thanks ilmigila,
I'm familiar with several .60 sized warbirds. TF P47, Corsair, Texan, and a few others from varius manufactures. Most need to have the tails brought up to gain rudder effectivness. The 109 would be more so considering the size of the rudder. Even the full size 109's when flown by experienced pilots brought the tail up quickly during the takeoff runs.
I should have mine completely ready by febuary, interesting coment about gear retraction. I will note that on my maiden flites.
If you like warbirds the Dewoitine D.520 by Seagull is a solid flyer. The ARF needs careful attention during assembly, but it flies well. I flew one for about a year until battery issues caused its demise (crash). Really enjoyed it. I plan on replacing it soon.
Thanks for your comments and insites, would love to hear from anybody else as well!

Doug D.
Old 04-07-2014, 01:27 AM
flycatch
My Feedback: (26)

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

The inner flap is not a flap put operates in conjunction with the engine cooling system.
Old 05-06-2014, 03:48 PM
Doug D.

Okay ilmiglia,
My 109 has made several flights now and I'm happy with it so far. I'm having no issue on takeoff, advancing the throttle steadily and not to fast, the model tracks well with some rudder input and is airborne quick and easy. Landings are pretty easy as well, a little power on and some flap, very nice. Not crazy about cross winds though. But a lot of warbirds aren't.
It gets its' share of attention at the field as well.

Thanks,

Doug D.
Old 09-29-2014, 02:05 PM
Clerk Bill
My Feedback: (2)

How does the Hanger 9 60 ME109 Fly? I have one ready to go, can you give me some tips for first flight?
Old 09-29-2014, 07:51 PM
Clerk Bill
My Feedback: (2)

I installed a Saito 125 in mine and it still needed 22oz. to balance.

Thanks for all the tips

Bill
Old 11-12-2014, 03:32 PM
KI8FR

I wonder how this plane would do with a gaser in it. what do you all think?
Old 09-09-2015, 03:17 PM
danpos

Has anyone tried a Saito 120 or Saito 150 in this plane yet?
I'm wondering how it balanced with the extra weight. And also how the engines fit?
Old 09-10-2015, 12:48 PM
wallace.tharp

Doug D, good info on all tail dragers, but the reason to raise the tail as soon as possible is to eliminate "P Factor," the downward blade of the prop pushing far more air than the upward blade because of the angle of the prop/airplane into the oncoming wind. That as you probably already know is just one of the multiple factors in a "left turning tendency" of all tail wheel aircraft with standard turning props. Opposite "P Factor" effect on some English opposite turning engines. Didn't mean to offend, or PHD the subject but I was a CFII, and I am still a regular R/C flyer.. regards, wallace.tharp

Last edited by wallace.tharp; 09-10-2015 at 12:51 PM. Reason: left out a "
Old 09-10-2015, 01:19 PM
flycatch
My Feedback: (26)

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

If you want to help negate the "P" factor put some positive incidence in the horizontal stabilizer. H9 has started doing this on its large ARFs. The tail comes up quickly and you maintain full rudder authority. Once airborne you most trim the elevator to maintain level flight.
Originally Posted by wallace.tharp
Doug D, good info on all tail dragers, but the reason to raise the tail as soon as possible is to eliminate "P Factor," the downward blade of the prop pushing far more air than the upward blade because of the angle of the prop/airplane into the oncoming wind. That as you probably already know is just one of the multiple factors in a "left turning tendency" of all tail wheel aircraft with standard turning props. Opposite "P Factor" effect on some English opposite turning engines. Didn't mean to offend, or PHD the subject but I was a CFII, and I am still a regular R/C flyer.. regards, wallace.tharp
Old 09-10-2015, 07:25 PM
wallace.tharp

Fly Catch, makes sense. Ever watch Super Short field Take Off and landing videos taken in Alaska? Some guys in Full Scale aircraft like Super Cubs will hold the tail up level and hold the brakes and control "P Factor" that way." I use the old, (keep the tail wheel on the ground for the first part of the takeoff run with up elevator, continue coming in with power smoothly, then use forward elevator/ stick pressure to bring the aircraft up to just slightly more than level with the runway, anything past about one third power will push enough wind past the rudder to allow effective rudder steering, all this time you are holding the proper amount of right rudder to keep her going straight allowing for the other 3 factors that cause the right turn tendency. Souds simple.. not in R/C or fulls scale. With practice and a really good airplane, pros and good amatures can make it all look simple. Me? Sometimes yes, other times not so much.
Old 09-10-2015, 07:30 PM
wallace.tharp

Flycatch, I flew for Continental RPVs, Barstow, Ca., from late 1999 to Feb. 2003. You one of those guys? You know any of those guys? wallace.tharp
Old 04-09-2018, 02:31 PM
Oosiksmith
My Feedback: (1)

Have been watching the net for the wheels to this plane for a long time and thought I'd take the long shot and ask if anyone has a set that they would be willing to part with.

Looking for the 3.5 inch Hangar 9 Bf-109 wheels, HAN278513.

Thanks.
Old 04-10-2018, 07:21 AM
WWIIP38
My Feedback: (43)

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

These are larger but might work; https://www.sunshine-modellbau.de/ra...-mt-querprofil

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.