Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Warbirds and Warplanes
Reload this Page >

Tettra Kits from Japan

Community
Search
Notices
RC Warbirds and Warplanes Discuss rc warbirds and warplanes in this forum.

Tettra Kits from Japan

Search this Thread

Old 02-03-2013, 02:14 PM
chistech

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Tettra Kits from Japan

I recently purchased a Tettra Cessna 182 kit off a forum from a US serviceman stationed in Japan. I was quite impressed with the quality and it brings back memories of the Royal/Marutaka kits. I thought it would be nice to get in contact with an individual living in Japan who would be willing to send me kits as all the Japanese hobby shops that will ship to the US charge outrageous rates for using a credit card, additional taxes, and high shipping costs. Well, by chance selling an item on the web to a gentleman in Japan, I've made friends and got that connection I've been looking for. I am currently waiting for a 50 four stroke size Shinden "George" to arrive via air mail. The price is less than $210 which I thought is not bad considering the distance it is coming. From a dealer the cost is more like $240 to $260. I hope to have it soon and will post pictures and impressions of the kit. Tettra makes many interesting warbirds not often modeled.
I am thinking about raising the wing on this N1K2 version to a mid wing N1K1 and making it into a Kyofu seaplane version. Below are the links to one of the model company sites and the plastic model site with both the "George" and "Kyofu" seaplane versions.

http://homepage1.nifty.com/ishiimoke...l.htm#TE-00247

http://www.aircraftresourcecenter.co...ssmann/00.shtm
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Tr50290.jpg
Views:	42
Size:	27.0 KB
ID:	1847649  
Old 02-06-2013, 07:45 PM
chistech

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Tettra Kits from Japan

Received the kit from Japan just 4 days after is was mailed. Came in great shape and it is a super nice kit.I got the kit today. Clear cowl, easy to mount then paint and reinforce with fiberglass cloth inside. High quality balsa and ply. Nice decals and plans showing both fixed and retract install. It comes with ply die cut rib doublers for mounting retract rails too. The die cut is super crisp and parts virtually fall out cleanly even out of the ply. It has a decent hardware package really only minus the hinges which is OK with me as I use robart pins. The wing fillets on the real plane are quite big and this one comes with clear molded plastic one also. Aluminum wheel covers are included also. It has built up tail surfaces except for a solid fin but they are built flat not airfoil shape. The wing has a small area that would be open bay but it is very easy to completely sheet. It also has strip ailerons but I will go scale on those. A very impressive kit for $204 considering what you get these days. I know it will be the only one I'll see that is for sure. I will build it as the K2 version and skip the float version I contemplated building out of it. This company also makes .60 size versions too. Nice alternative to the usual Mustangs, Corsairs, and P40's.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Ur52176.jpg
Views:	44
Size:	89.3 KB
ID:	1849057   Click image for larger version

Name:	Id97783.jpg
Views:	43
Size:	101.6 KB
ID:	1849058   Click image for larger version

Name:	Rw59703.jpg
Views:	41
Size:	90.2 KB
ID:	1849059   Click image for larger version

Name:	Ib82211.jpg
Views:	40
Size:	52.9 KB
ID:	1849060   Click image for larger version

Name:	Us54139.jpg
Views:	45
Size:	90.9 KB
ID:	1849061   Click image for larger version

Name:	Oj26522.jpg
Size:	111.0 KB
ID:	1849062   Click image for larger version

Name:	Lq36247.jpg
Views:	39
Size:	85.7 KB
ID:	1849063   Click image for larger version

Name:	Bu57964.jpg
Size:	108.4 KB
ID:	1849064  

Old 02-07-2013, 10:34 AM
JeffH
My Feedback: (43)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: Tettra Kits from Japan

I know Tettra makes or made?? outstanding hardware. I also used their wheels before, on pattern planes.