Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Warbirds and Warplanes
Reload this Page >

HobbyKing 50cc Warbirds

Community
Search
Notices
RC Warbirds and Warplanes Discuss rc warbirds and warplanes in this forum.

HobbyKing 50cc Warbirds

Search this Thread

Old 02-11-2013, 06:28 PM
LDM
My Feedback: (15)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: HobbyKing 50cc Warbirds

so , back on subject , Kahlog , I think you found the original factory and some other links with these planes correct ?
I know they have some history under another brand name ?
Old 02-11-2013, 07:04 PM
warbirdfan2

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Well... here we go again. My opinion is Kaylog- LDM- Zulu91 and others are a great help and insperation to modeling prodjects that I have or am cosidering. I see that you joined and posted about the same amount of times as myself. You might want to re think about what you just said.Is't very inconducive to asking for help in the future. ME, I need all the help I can get.
Old 02-11-2013, 07:13 PM
LDM

hey warbird fan , I just noticed your in pa , please reach out to me at any time if I can be of help or just to talk shop .
Most of my WW2 planes are now eletric , thanks to Kahlogs advice I have converted and still in the process of moving many of my planes to e-power .
Its allowing me to fly more , I know as they get bigger I may have to go to gas but epower is so easy lol !!!
By the way Scoot (one of the Hobby King ) managers is building the Spity on line , its the "other rc thread" and in respect for RCU I dont want to post the name , you get the point
Old 02-11-2013, 07:28 PM
warbirdfan2

Yes, I know abuot the Spit that Scott is doing. I was trying to find the thread a while ago but couldn't. I would like to follow that as I am concidering getting one of these.
Old 02-11-2013, 07:46 PM
91zulu
My Feedback: (2)

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1792324
Old 02-11-2013, 07:51 PM
LDM

ya that makes it easy lol
Old 02-12-2013, 01:23 AM
warbirdfan2

Thanks... I was looking on the wrong site.
Old 02-12-2013, 04:16 AM
BJ64

ORIGINAL: rcsportflyer26

Hey guess what, go **** yourself. Obviously it is my choice whether or not to buy buy it you jackass. With that being said, if you don't like my comments then don't read them.
A tad touchy, much??

BJ
Old 02-12-2013, 05:34 AM
irocbsa
My Feedback: (12)

ORIGINAL: rcsportflyer26

Hey guess what, go **** yourself. Obviously it is my choice whether or not to buy buy it you jackass. With that being said, if you don't like my comments then don't read them.
Ahahahahaha! Wow! I smell a good banning in the air.
Old 02-12-2013, 05:44 AM
PONYBOY082662

Your addition is wrong for the first plane you listed....its $ 913....not 1015
Old 02-12-2013, 05:47 AM
PONYBOY082662

Your addition is wrong for the first plane you listed....its $ 913....not 1015
Old 02-12-2013, 06:39 AM
kochj

Top Flite has a Giant spitfire comming?
Do tell.
Old 02-12-2013, 08:12 AM
w9jcm

Buy from Nitro, Hobby King etc etc.. you are not supporting the United States. I will not buy from these guys. I know the quality is SUB PAR at best.. You get what you pay for.
Old 02-12-2013, 08:23 AM
coachdavis10

Only problem I saw is that it said they couldn't ship to me in the U.S. or was that me just being stoopid... cause obviously they can.....
Old 02-12-2013, 08:31 AM
vertical grimmace
My Feedback: (1)

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

ORIGINAL: w9jcm

Buy from Nitro, Hobby King etc etc.. you are not supporting the United States. I will not buy from these guys. I know the quality is SUB PAR at best.. You get what you pay for.
Except they are all made in China. Only way to adhere to this would be to buy the Kit. But that would be too much trouble I suppose.
Old 02-12-2013, 09:03 AM
irocbsa
My Feedback: (12)

Seriously, good luck sticking to strictly U.S. made goods. You'll be cold and starving in short order. That's such nonsense about the quality being sub-par as well. All of my ESM planes have good to great quality control. There are a few parts in the kit that have to be ditched for sure, such as the control horns and pull-pull cables, but I don't consider that a big deal at all.
Old 02-12-2013, 12:06 PM
jblloyd
My Feedback: (17)

Not knocking HK but when I received my TF giant scale P-40 there was some damage to the fuse. A call to TF and I had a new one in 5 days. Just saying...

Old 02-12-2013, 01:16 PM
kochj

ORIGINAL: jblloyd

Not knocking HK but when I received my TF giant scale P-40 there was some damage to the fuse. A call to TF and I had a new one in 5 days. Just saying ...

If it was a HK warbird, you would have to purchase another one so you would have spare parts.. and eat all of it...
Old 02-12-2013, 01:58 PM
TheEdge
Banned
My Feedback: (788)

Received 16 Likes on 9 Posts

I've read enough negative posts about Hobbyking to establish that I won't trust them with my hard earned money.
Old 02-12-2013, 04:12 PM
108buzz
My Feedback: (14)

The T-28 is the exact same airframe as the KMP T-28. I know I had one. Must have gotten a deal from the Chinese manufacturer. Just make sure you beef up the mount area fro the main retracts. It is weak and will reap right out as mine did.
Old 02-12-2013, 04:56 PM
LDM

If you want to make this thread about "buy American " it really is difficult to buy anything rc made in the USA . And our Hobby Yes all of you including me , we are anal on our cost and we define our own quality .
So many will tout buy American and some poor soul on RC U trys to sell a quality kit assembled at a good price and he will get fried like Frankenstein in a small village.
I think that its great that Top Flight will replace a bad fuse withen a few days and you do pay for it , that is ok , its your choice and they are great models .
As we all know Hobbico , Horison , Hobby People , Hobby Lobby , ect they are all distrubtors and importers from (yes its true ) CHINA . They create there own brands , like Top Flight , E flight , Hanger 9 etc and they have products sourced and made towards there own brands .
Some distributors in the electric market add zero value and simply co -brand an existing line and slap there name on it .
Example Nitro plane was importing FMS and calling them "Airfield"
Banana Hobby does the same thing all the time .
I bought my first set of electric retracts from Horizon at $89 .
Then I bought 4 sets of generic retracts at about $28 a set and they were the very same gear .I know I am not helping the great people over at Horizon , but at 3 time the cost , i have to buy the lower cost (same retracts) as this is a luxury for me not a necessity .
Since I have been in this hobby i have heard it all , and followed the urban legends.
Only Fly OS , Only use Futaba , Robart is the best (before Sierra existed ) Only Use Thunder Power packs and on and on and on .
Good thing I am thick skin and was willing to try new things , many years later I have all my so called junky planes , bad batteries , Spectrum radios , orange 2.4 cheaply receivers , so I guess I am just one hell of a lucky guy lol .
I have so many planes that I need to start crashing some just to get wifey to feel bad and approve more funds lol .
Old 02-12-2013, 05:15 PM
warbirdfan2

I guess I'm a lucky son of a gun too! I got all the same JUNK as you!It could also be that I just don't know any better.
Old 02-12-2013, 05:25 PM
91zulu

The buy America sounds good and all but how practical is that these days. I think most people because of the times are seeking the best bang for the buck. Remember this hobby is not a MUST DO, but more so something most of us WANT to do. That means there are times when affording something that cost 3 or 4 times more is not very practical when there is not wads of spare cash burning holes in our pockets like some do.
Old 02-12-2013, 05:51 PM
91zulu

ORIGINAL: LDM

If you want to make this thread about ''buy American '' it really is difficult to buy anything rc made in the USA . And our Hobby Yes all of you including me , we are anal on our cost and we define our own quality .
So many will tout buy American and some poor soul on RC U trys to sell a quality kit assembled at a good price and he will get fried like Frankenstein in a small village.
I think that its great that Top Flight will replace a bad fuse withen a few days and you do pay for it , that is ok , its your choice and they are great models .
As we all know Hobbico , Horison , Hobby People , Hobby Lobby , ect they are all distrubtors and importers from (yes its true ) CHINA . They create there own brands , like Top Flight , E flight , Hanger 9 etc and they have products sourced and made towards there own brands .
Some distributors in the electric market add zero value and simply co -brand an existing line and slap there name on it .
Example Nitro plane was importing FMS and calling them ''Airfield''
Banana Hobby does the same thing all the time .
I bought my first set of electric retracts from Horizon at $89 .
Then I bought 4 sets of generic retracts at about $28 a set and they were the very same gear .I know I am not helping the great people over at Horizon , but at 3 time the cost , i have to buy the lower cost (same retracts) as this is a luxury for me not a necessity .
Since I have been in this hobby i have heard it all , and followed the urban legends.
Only Fly OS , Only use Futaba , Robart is the best (before Sierra existed ) Only Use Thunder Power packs and on and on and on .
Good thing I am thick skin and was willing to try new things , many years later I have all my so called junky planes , bad batteries , Spectrum radios , orange 2.4 cheaply receivers , so I guess I am just one hell of a lucky guy lol .
I have so many planes that I need to start crashing some just to get wifey to feel bad and approve more funds lol .

LDM you are 100% correct. I remember the same songs was sang to me in the 80s and 90s, the buy OS, Buy Futaba blah blah blah. Well I too was hard headed, still to this day and it always made me laugh with glee when I saw the faces of those that thought something was garbage and saw me making rings around the field weekend after weekend with zero issues. It started with my first radio which was an Aristcraft 4000 that I got from American Hobbys. I caught hell with that and also RCD which is what Aristcraft became which is today,,, YES HITEC. If some of the Johnny come lately only new how much Hitec was considered garbage in 1999/ 2000 , that they now call good quality they would sink through the floor. There are many of today s so call top brands that did not start out that way for one reason only, which was they were cheaper than the other brands and quite a few say the same nonsense that it could not possible be any good with out ever even trying the product first. I was the first guy at my field with a Magnum engine that no one wanted to touch with a 10 foot pole. The next summer there were about 6 at the field after they saw me starting with one or 2 flips with my finger and was up and gone with no dead sticks while some of them spent all day trying to get their YS to run consistent. Yea that Mag 80 4s , I miss that engine.
Old 02-12-2013, 06:04 PM
BJ64

The whole 'buy American' thing, while quite noble and patriotic, isn't all that realistic.

We get the same thing down here in Oz - if it's not Australian Owned, and manufactured in Australia using Australian components, then you're feeding someone else anyways.

Let's not forget that it was the manufacturing industry's themselves who went to China in the first place - chasing cheap labour/costs for a better bottom-line. Now that greed has come back to bite everyone.

I have a 'German' lathe and mill - made in China.
I have an 'American' fridge and cooktop - made in China.
I have 'Japanese' electronics goods - made in China.

That's the way it goes in the New World Order playing in a Global Market.

First, it was the Japanese. Then Taiwan. Korea. Now China. India has also recently joined the game.

The more recent players are more often than not known for their crappy quality - but they move up as they become more established.

Remember when a Seiko watch or a Honda car was considered 'junk'? Now look where they are.

While I fully understand wanting to support my country and buying local, most of what my 'locals' sell is just stuff that comes from China anyway - and they jack the price up to buggery. This means I have a choice - buy 'local' and keep some middle-man in business, or buy direct for a lot less $$$ and put someone here out of work who doesn't really add any value along the way.

Now, if it's made locally, by locally owned company using local labour and local materials, then I'd call it 'Made In Australia'.

Not much of that left these days....

BJ

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.