Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Warbirds and Warplanes
Reload this Page >

Hangar 9 60cc Corsair

Community
Search
Notices
RC Warbirds and Warplanes Discuss rc warbirds and warplanes in this forum.

Hangar 9 60cc Corsair

Search this Thread

Old 09-21-2014, 07:33 AM
drottman300
My Feedback: (2)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

anybody that has the corsair 60cc, It comes with 2 of the decals that go in front of the canopy! One is slightly different from the other, is anyone willing to give up the one they dont use, I am in need of one and dont want to buy the whole decal set! thx!!
Old 09-21-2014, 11:45 AM
CaptRKO
My Feedback: (3)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

FLAP SERVO QUESTION:

Would a HITEC HS-5645MG Digital servo do the job? I am running 6.0volts and love this servo on my large acro models. Says it will do 143oz at 4.8volts which I think should be plenty on the flaps?
Old 09-21-2014, 11:48 AM
CaptRKO

Originally Posted by drottman300
Im sorry a friend of mine posted the video and he doesnt know what I have in it, To start with It is powered by a ZP62 Zenoah, It has HiTEC HS-5645MG servos-2 in the wing,2 for the evevator 1 for the rudder and 1 for the flaps 6 of these servos in all... I used 1 Standard servo for the throttle and 4 Standard servos for the gear doors, (which were a pain in the rear to put in on this airplane!) The main gear and the tail wheel are Robart eletric and they were easy to install and work perfectly so far,I had to put 5 1/2 pounds of weight in the nose, 1 pound with apoxy and lead shot in the end of the cowling and 2 lead weights on both sides of the fire wall! I have a DX18 radio which comes with a synchronizer option that works great for main gear and gear door operation! I had a good friend fly the plane the first time cause this is my first big warbird, I flew it the second time and it was very easy to take off, I bounced it a little on the landing but the second time I flew (which didnt get on flim) The landing was perfect! Im very pleased with the plane so far!, And cant wait for good weather so I can get out there again! Hope this answers all your questions!
AHHH-SUM!

I am using a G-62 and the same servo setup......I guess that answers my question about the HITEC 5645MG's doing the job! Thanks and plane looks great!
Old 09-21-2014, 03:59 PM
Todd D
My Feedback: (51)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Im sorry a friend of mine posted the video and he doesnt know what I have in it, To start with It is powered by a ZP62 Zenoah, It has HiTEC HS-5645MG servos-2 in the wing,2 for the evevator 1 for the rudder and 1 for the flaps 6 of these servos in all... I used 1 Standard servo for the throttle and 4 Standard servos for the gear doors, (which were a pain in the rear to put in on this airplane!) The main gear and the tail wheel are Robart eletric and they were easy to install and work perfectly so far,I had to put 5 1/2 pounds of weight in the nose, 1 pound with apoxy and lead shot in the end of the cowling and 2 lead weights on both sides of the fire wall! I have a DX18 radio which comes with a synchronizer option that works great for main gear and gear door operation! I had a good friend fly the plane the first time cause this is my first big warbird, I flew it the second time and it was very easy to take off, I bounced it a little on the landing but the second time I flew (which didnt get on flim) The landing was perfect! Im very pleased with the plane so far!, And cant wait for good weather so I can get out there again! Hope this answers all your questions!

thanks dman, wow 5.5 lbs of lead, that's good amount, whatever makes it balance. Hope you enjoy the plane.
Old 09-21-2014, 04:58 PM
drottman300
My Feedback: (2)

The gear doors on mine were a big pain I used the sonic hinges on the inside doors and a standard flat hinge on the outside, I had to grind into the plane and raise the sonic hinges a bit but no matter what I did the doors had to be raised a bit on the hinge while they were open to shut flush!
Old 09-21-2014, 06:31 PM
CaptRKO

Todays progress.... pics to follow
Flap servo installed and ailerons are hooked up and working. Had one flap loose looks like the hinge didn't soak up the epoxy like I hoped but that was a simple fix.

Is everyone using the decals from the kit? I want to keep my plane simple and not too much bling on it. Was going to order some decals aka VF-17 but think the US stars and bars and the jap kill markings would be fine.
Old 09-22-2014, 03:43 AM
LDM
My Feedback: (15)

Just out of curiosity I was looking for a gas engine and stumbled on this website. Then I stumbled on page 17 or so and found the Hanger 9 corsair for around $495, then tested shipping and it was $40.00 ????
So I started to ask questions like 1) I asked my wife if I was sleepwalking or drinking ? 2) I asked the website how they can ship from China for $40 when most models I have ordered direct were at a min $100 plus in shipping.
Then I asked them about there policies ( hard to tell from the web ) . Then I noted they only take Western Union and will only ship after payment ?? Ok then when reading the shipping I noted or concluded on my own that any model may ship in multiple parcels but at no extra charge, assumption meaning wings , fuse and small parts ship all separate ???
They even have the rare but long out of stock Gold Edition P40 ???
Ok so I googled reviews and cant find one work on this company so I decided to see if anyone has heard or used these guys in the past ?
Re: Website Inquiry from http://www.kairunmeike.com/
Attached Images  

Last edited by LDM; 09-22-2014 at 03:46 AM.
Old 09-22-2014, 06:00 AM
BarracudaHockey
My Feedback: (11)

Received 351 Likes on 281 Posts

Pay by Western Union before shipping? Price too good to be true?

Hmmm......
Old 09-22-2014, 07:36 AM
LDM
My Feedback: (15)

Yes that is what i said and I dont want to derail the thread with a bogus distributor post but its seems interesting and did get my attention
Old 09-22-2014, 08:18 AM
CaptRKO

Default 60CC Corsair Hangar 9

Flaps installed and working, ailerons finished and working.

Just waiting for my Robart Pneu gear to show up......was thinking maybe I should wait and try to get an electric set???? I keep hearing all the issues with them? The price is not all that much more?

Off to my LHS for more servo's, leads, glue.........lol!
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_8389.JPG
Views:	217
Size:	1.62 MB
ID:	2034170   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_8387.JPG
Views:	205
Size:	1.67 MB
ID:	2034171   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2557.JPG
Views:	212
Size:	1.66 MB
ID:	2034172  
Old 09-22-2014, 01:01 PM
CaptRKO

FUTABA....question

Using a new 8 channel RX and my new 14SG Futaba TX.

I have all 8 channels used in the RX....2 for aileron, 1 throttle, 1 gear, 1 flaps, 1 Batt, .......and need 2 for Elevator but I know I can use a "Y" connector but how can I reverse one of the ELE servo's using the "Y" ?

I am guessing I could use a programmer and reverse one of the servo's (Hitec 6545 Digitals) before I install it?
Old 09-22-2014, 02:28 PM
Peter_OZ
Banned
My Feedback: (1)

JR have the matchbox gadget but not sure if it is compatible with Futaba . . .

You can reverse, set end points etc etc with it and it is not software dependant, works very well. I use them a lot so I am not relying on software.

Futaba may have their own version.
Old 09-22-2014, 02:36 PM
IFLYBVM2
My Feedback: (360)

Received 22 Likes on 20 Posts

Originally Posted by LDM
Just out of curiosity I was looking for a gas engine and stumbled on this website. Then I stumbled on page 17 or so and found the Hanger 9 corsair for around $495, then tested shipping and it was $40.00 ????
So I started to ask questions like 1) I asked my wife if I was sleepwalking or drinking ? 2) I asked the website how they can ship from China for $40 when most models I have ordered direct were at a min $100 plus in shipping.
Then I asked them about there policies ( hard to tell from the web ) . Then I noted they only take Western Union and will only ship after payment ?? Ok then when reading the shipping I noted or concluded on my own that any model may ship in multiple parcels but at no extra charge, assumption meaning wings , fuse and small parts ship all separate ???
They even have the rare but long out of stock Gold Edition P40 ???
Ok so I googled reviews and cant find one work on this company so I decided to see if anyone has heard or used these guys in the past ?
Re: Website Inquiry from http://www.kairunmeike.com/
it's FRAUD-Don't waste your time.......
Old 09-22-2014, 02:39 PM
CaptRKO

anybody that has the corsair 60cc, It comes with 2 of the decals that go in front of the canopy! One is slightly different from the other, is anyone willing to give up the one they dont use, I am in need of one and dont want to buy the whole decal set! thx!!

I just ordered a complete set from Denny and Canjunrc. He did Bucky's airplane earlier in this thread. I would call him and ask if if he could do the "Fuel tank seal lines" which I am sure he will as I told him I didn't want them in my set I just ordered, I traded that for some names and an "N" number plus my own "ship" number.
Old 09-22-2014, 03:27 PM
tevans55

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by CaptRKO
FUTABA....question

Using a new 8 channel RX and my new 14SG Futaba TX.

I have all 8 channels used in the RX....2 for aileron, 1 throttle, 1 gear, 1 flaps, 1 Batt, .......and need 2 for Elevator but I know I can use a "Y" connector but how can I reverse one of the ELE servo's using the "Y" ?

I am guessing I could use a programmer and reverse one of the servo's (Hitec 6545 Digitals) before I install it?
http://dionysusdesign.com/
Old 09-22-2014, 03:35 PM
Zeeb
My Feedback: (41)

Received 67 Likes on 54 Posts

Oh for heaven's sake, just use a Hitec programmer and reverse the servo but there are two cautions I would make; first is that while the Hitec 645 analog servo was probably one of the best they ever made, I cannot say the same for it's digital cousin. The second is that the elevators are not where you want to have programming/deflection issues and trying to compensate with one of the Matchboxes or MSA-10's (the Futaba version and it doesn't make any difference which one) is going to be a chore.

If you are running that Futaba 14SG, you can just pair up a set of R7008SB rx's, setup the "A" "B" function and you'll have access to two more channels than your radio has, then you can put everything on it's own channel....
Old 09-22-2014, 06:16 PM
CaptRKO

Originally Posted by Zeeb
Oh for heaven's sake, just use a Hitec programmer and reverse the servo but there are two cautions I would make; first is that while the Hitec 645 analog servo was probably one of the best they ever made, I cannot say the same for it's digital cousin. The second is that the elevators are not where you want to have programming/deflection issues and trying to compensate with one of the Matchboxes or MSA-10's (the Futaba version and it doesn't make any difference which one) is going to be a chore.

If you are running that Futaba 14SG, you can just pair up a set of R7008SB rx's, setup the "A" "B" function and you'll have access to two more channels than your radio has, then you can put everything on it's own channel....

I have a spare 6008 Fast Rx that I could use....split up some of the functions and go with a dual RX output? Any problems mixing up RX's like that??> ---or---

Im thinking of going with two R7008SB's if I cannot get it to program correctly then I could have the 2X backup with dual power and dual Rx's.......really wanted to keep it simple if possible, I am not setting up an acro bird or turbine! Thanks for the advice....

Last edited by CaptRKO; 09-22-2014 at 06:21 PM.
Old 09-22-2014, 07:20 PM
Mpizpilot
My Feedback: (45)

Received 15 Likes on 9 Posts

Your welcome to my spare if you haven't already found one.
Old 09-22-2014, 07:30 PM
Mpizpilot

Flaps installed and working, ailerons finished and working.

Just waiting for my Robart Pneu gear to show up......was thinking maybe I should wait and try to get an electric set???? I keep hearing all the issues with them? The price is not all that much more?

Off to my LHS for more servo's, leads, glue.........lol!
I'm just a couple steps ahead of you in my build. I've got the flaps, ailerons and rudder all hooked up, elevators are next. I do have to say that H9 really did their homework when it comes to engineering this plane. The assembly is very straight forward, I especially like the pre-built servo and retract valve mounts along with the pushrods that are the correct length and pre threaded on each end (no soldering clevis's here like TF planes).
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	157
Size:	732.0 KB
ID:	2034366  
Old 09-23-2014, 09:05 AM
CaptRKO

Anyone using an 8 Channel Rx? How did you wire all this up with Flaps, Gear, 2 Ail, 2 Elev?
Old 09-23-2014, 12:26 PM
vasek
My Feedback: (4)

Never mind, bad memory I checked before, won't fit. (Bad memory, don't ask ) Sorry

Last edited by vasek; 09-24-2014 at 01:50 PM.
Old 09-24-2014, 03:03 PM
CaptRKO

Got my forward gear door installed and all retracts installed. I ended up not liking the installation of the gear door so I used a CA type hinge which worked out perfect and the rubber band on the strut.....actually got it to work, the hinges in the kit would not work without some real modifications. Worked on it for 8 hours......long and tedious but I got them to work and they look nice, not sure I want to do the main doors or not, was thinking of leaving them off for now until I make up my mind.
Old 09-25-2014, 05:20 PM
Mpizpilot

I tried my hand at tail gear doors. No matter what hinge configuration I tried, they continued to bind. Oh well.
Old 09-25-2014, 05:36 PM
vasek
My Feedback: (4)

Originally Posted by Mpizpilot
I tried my hand at tail gear doors. No matter what hinge configuration I tried, they continued to bind. Oh well.

I assume then you tried offset hinges ?
Old 09-25-2014, 07:51 PM
acdii

Received 97 Likes on 88 Posts

I dont see a reason for putting the ailerons on individual channels unless you need them to be different, I would Y those and use the two ports for elevators instaed.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.