RC Warbirds and Warplanes Discuss rc warbirds and warplanes in this forum.

Hangar 9 P47-D-1

Old 11-12-2013, 09:53 AM
cloudancer03
My Feedback: (22)

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

I cant wait for one this xmas.i am going to mount my satio 150 in it.not because of any special reason ...its the only satio I own that will work my 180 is flying my dynaflite pt 19. And the other four stroke is a 90.from what I am reading the 150 will likely need less weight up front.and I will reinforce the firewall.i do anyway with arfs.and a few other places.originally I was going to go electric but seeing bobs flyin video with a 125 convinced me otherwise.i love the 4 stroke sound.have been flying electric but somehow on a warbird it jus isnt the same.
Old 12-09-2013, 10:35 AM
Phenom300

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

I am still waiting for the e flite retract struts to become available for this model. The unavailable (EFLG510P47) gear struts. Does anyone know if the BF109 struts (EFLG510109) are the same length? They seem to be available. I will get them if they will work with the P47.

What kind of control movement do the rest of you get from the elevator and rudder? I had barely any up elevator, as the internal control horn hits the rudder. I have had to cut a large notch in the leading edge of the rudder for clearance. I am currently modifying the rudder setup to get more movement out of it as well.
Old 12-10-2013, 03:32 AM
Jimmy Bananas
My Feedback: (13)

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

The retracts for the P-47 should be available...I picked mine up Sept. 12th from my local hobby shop...I believe the only diffrence I see between the 2 sets of retracts is the P-47 rotates inward at 85 degrees and the Me-109 rotates outward at 81 degrees......The mounting plates are the same....I would wait just a little longer for the retracts for the P-47.........I've just completed setting my bombs on the wings ( they do drop) ......the releases work fine..as soon I can get batteries for my camera,will take pics and explain how I did it......have a nice one and Merry Chirstmas......................................
Old 12-10-2013, 10:28 AM
Phenom300

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

I have the retract units for the P47. I have just been waiting a couple months for the Struts that are sold separately. The same retract unit is used for both the Hangar 9 P47 60 size and the Hangar 9 BF109 60 size. There is just different gear struts for some reason. I am trying to figure out why. Are the struts actually different, ie are they different lengths?
Old 02-01-2019, 11:19 AM
apcud7

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Originally Posted by SkyPilot101 View Post
Going with a Saito 125.....who needs cloged carb filter screens, hard pump diaphrams fualty cdi's ibec's gimicie shut off switches drilling four bolt props ect ect ect. Saito. Fuel. Choke. One backflip. Fly!
Hi guys, I know I'm a few years late to the party but I finally have time to build this (bought it a few years ago). I was planning on the Saito 125 but have never had one. May last Hangar 9 60 ARF was the Hellcat with a .61 Evolution 2-stroke (felt underpowered). Is the 125 almost too much engine or does it feel right? How does it fit inside the cowl with the valve covers, any cutting necessary? Also, any advice on header and muffler setup for minimum cowl cutting? I read through this entire forum and most of the links for the 90 degree header and other parts are broken or discontinued. Thanks again!
Old 02-07-2019, 10:57 AM
Joespeeder

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

I've flown mine for years on the Saito 125.... In fact I wore one out. It went powwww in the air and it was mid season so I just replaced it. Not really sure what went bang.

It fits inside the cowl, is ok power but I'd probably go with a 150 if I was starting from scratch. I fly my 125 on 30% coolpower.

You'll enjoy the plane with which ever engine you choose. In a perfect world I'd go Saito 150 on CDI glow burning 15%. If I wanted to go scale prop I'd do a Laser 240v but those ar not being build currently.

Hope this helps.

Joe