Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Warbirds and Warplanes
Reload this Page >

Jemco Corsair Questions

Community
Search
Notices
RC Warbirds and Warplanes Discuss rc warbirds and warplanes in this forum.

Jemco Corsair Questions

Search this Thread

Old 10-06-2013, 07:07 AM
TLH101
My Feedback: (90)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Jemco Corsair Questions

I have just been notified that I won a Jemco Corsair kit in a recent raffle. I have not seen the kit yet, but was curious if anyone here has built one. How do they build? how scale is it? And most important, is it a good flyer? Would this kit be a good candidate for electric conversion?
Thanks
Old 10-06-2013, 06:33 PM
Chad Veich
My Feedback: (60)

Received 25 Likes on 23 Posts

Hi Terry,

I've had several of the old Jemco kits including the Corsair, which never got finished, and I've known guys that had a few as well. They are old technology and generally build up pretty heavy (foam core wings) but fly well. With today's EP systems I'm sure they could be converted but I doubt anyone would call them particularly good candidates. The Corsair is pretty scale for a .60 size model if that is of any consideration.
Old 10-07-2013, 05:11 PM
TLH101
My Feedback: (90)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Thanks for the info. Not sure what I'm going to do, but I could not find any info on the Corsair. Lots of stuff on the other Jemco warbirds tho.
Old 10-08-2013, 04:47 AM
DavidAgar
My Feedback: (108)

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

As mentioned, they are old school builds but they do make into nice planes. They will come out a little on the heavy side so do what you can to reduce any weight. You will also need to remember to keep up the air speed when flying to compensate for the weight. I built many of the Jemco kits years ago but not the Corsair. Good Luck, Dave
Old 10-08-2013, 06:50 AM
scale only 4 me
My Feedback: (158)

Received 51 Likes on 49 Posts

Me too,, they flew well, they just come in for landing a little hot,, I had the Zero, Hellcat. Mustang. never did the f4u, but my buddy had one

If you're going EP, you could shave some Fuse weight, it's built very solid,, I mean no lighten holes in the fuse bulkheads or motor box areas. Yes,, think 60 size,, not 40-45 size

Also there are no provisions for retracts, you'll have to scratch build retrofit that if you wanted them, I had retrofitted my hellcat with robart 615s.

good luck
Old 10-10-2013, 05:54 PM
2walla
My Feedback: (10)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Had one, was a 40 sized plane. Maybe 60in wing span or so? I had a strong running os 60 on mine. It flew great. It did do a weird dip/tuck the nose at high speeds at a certain airspeed then would fly on as if nothing was wrong. You could usually only hit that airspeed on a full throttle or shortly after leveling off and opening up the throttle out of a dive. Was weird and ultimately was the demise of the plane...
Old 10-10-2013, 07:57 PM
chistech

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have the corsair, zero, P47, hellcat, texan, mustang, and pt19 to build. Mine will all be fuelers.
Old 10-12-2013, 04:09 PM
kenair
My Feedback: (10)

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I had one in 1986, I flew it with a webra 61, it flew great, many flights on it, a rx battery failure did it in. Mine had fixed gear, it weighed 6.8 pounds.