Notices
RC Warbirds and Warplanes Discuss rc warbirds and warplanes in this forum.

mustangle

Old 11-16-2013, 11:31 AM
roydefiant

Received 31 Likes on 29 Posts
Default mustangle

British mustang IV built from aerotech models (Siewert kit) with DA50
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	mustang1.jpg
Views:	115
Size:	130.4 KB
ID:	1939770   Click image for larger version

Name:	mustang2.jpg
Views:	138
Size:	129.5 KB
ID:	1939771  
Old 11-16-2013, 03:07 PM
Chris Nicastro
My Feedback: (3)

Received 24 Likes on 22 Posts

Any more photos? Looks cool.
Is this Aerotech the carbon fiber Mustang kit?
I have a carbon Aerotech kit new in the box I need to build. Its been on my mind recently too. This is inspirational... Lol

Please post more info!
- engine
- landing gear
- weight

Last edited by Chris Nicastro; 11-16-2013 at 03:16 PM.
Old 11-16-2013, 03:34 PM
roydefiant

This is one of the last kits Siewert made before retiring. Yes it is the all carbon fiber kit. I have a JR 12 hybrid radio so I use a JR FM receiver with a Hayes whip antenna. I have used this on other kits including my all carbon fiber Mooney from aerotech. The landing gear struts are robart but the retracts used to be made by a local guy but are no longer available. The desert aircraft motor (50) has a Pitts style muffler hidden in the cowl. I have not weighed it yet but his mustangs all come out about the same, somewhere over 30lbs. I have watched this model perform with the DA 50 and it flies great. It actually slows down very reasonably with those big flaps down. I got this paint scheme from a plastic model magazine that had pictures of the full size and 3 views. Klaskote paints. Will post more pics later
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	100_5749[1].jpg
Views:	69
Size:	106.5 KB
ID:	1939824  
Old 11-16-2013, 06:39 PM
Chris Nicastro
My Feedback: (3)

Received 24 Likes on 22 Posts

Nice,
Which cockpit kit did you use and how did that turn out? Did you make the canopy slide as well?

I have a cockpit kit that came with my purchase and I think its from Dynamic Balsa. For my SisT FW 190 I bought the cockpit kit from Inzpan UK and its very nice. I Fly Tailies now has the same quality kits for P-51's so Im inclined to get one for this model.
I also have the Aerotech landing gear so Im interested to hear how you like it and how well it works for you. Any tweaks or set up info would be great.

When is the big day?
Old 11-16-2013, 07:22 PM
roydefiant

The cockpit kit is the one from aerotech which is very nice. It is 90 % complete. Using Best Pilot which is also almost done with painting. Canopy slides and I will take some pics down the road.