Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Warbirds and Warplanes
Reload this Page >

Parkzone F4U-1A Corsair Parkflyer Unboxing, Maiden Flight, and Review

Notices
RC Warbirds and Warplanes Discuss rc warbirds and warplanes in this forum.

Parkzone F4U-1A Corsair Parkflyer Unboxing, Maiden Flight, and Review

Old 11-25-2013, 09:50 PM
GBLynden

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Parkzone F4U-1A Corsair Parkflyer Unboxing, Maiden Flight, and Review

I would describe this one best as a fourth plane option, especially if you don't have someone to trim (tune) it for you so it flies well. If you do, then this might make a decent third plane if you have mastered your aileron trainer.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b3H2_GPF0Ek [/QUOTE]

My review notes for the F4U-1A Corsair, which is the newest Parkzone F4U Corsair are as follows:

Cons:
- The paint is very fragile
- The bomb drop fasteners are weak
- Landing gear hardware could be better
- It needs a lot of trim out of the box

Pros:
- Nice looking plane
- Upgradable
- Flies nice once trimmed
- Takes off on grass with stock landing gear

Takeaway: This is a very nice RC plane, but it is not a T-28 Trojan! This plane was flown 100% stock with the exception of flying with a Gforce 2200mAh lipo battery.
Old 11-26-2013, 07:02 AM
dionysusbacchus
My Feedback: (25)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Looks like a nice foamy, scale lines are decent but it definitely needs the retracts.

Hey, when you fly at Bender field just remember that I was there first! Last time I flew out there was the summer of 1985. I flew there and at the Lynden airport when it was out in the country. Here is a picture of me flying my 1978 built Top Flite P-47 and 1974 built Sig Skybolt at Bender field
!
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	sigskybolt.jpg
Views:	110
Size:	28.6 KB
ID:	1942459   Click image for larger version

Name:	Lynden Field 80's.gif
Views:	106
Size:	67.9 KB
ID:	1942460  
Old 11-26-2013, 06:55 PM
GBLynden

Wow!!! That brings back a lot of memories! If you ever flew out there when kids were around, I was probably one of them watching you fly. I have wanted to do this for years, but never had the means or knowledge as to how to start and do it.

That changed a little under three years ago and I haven't looked back since!

I agree that this is a nice plane and needs retracts. Once I get really good at landing it, I may invest in the retracts
Old 12-19-2013, 08:50 PM
GBLynden

So after getting it more dialed in, here is video of this plane taking off and landing much closer to the camera and in soft, muddy grass with stock landing gear:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZkhZxpdhXlY
Old 01-21-2014, 10:25 PM
GBLynden

This video features the Parkzone F4U-1A Corsair rough field landing gear in a review and maiden flight with the new landing gear.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YnxAVKJR-ys My review notes focus on the landing gear and for the F4U-1A Corsair Parkzone, which is the newest Parkzone F4U Corsair:

Cons:
- Not very scale
- A bit bouncier than the stock landing gear on landings

Pros:
- Easy to install
- Inexpensive
- Have made nose overs next to impossible
- Makes it possible to taxi on rough damp grass

Takeaway: This is a very nice RC plane in the Parkzone Corsair with the rough field landing gear and it makes it far more flexible of a flying option than my T-28 Trojan! This plane was flown 100% stock with the exception of flying with a Gforce 2200mAh lipo battery and aftermarket landing gear.
Old 07-06-2014, 12:24 PM
GBLynden

Hey guys!

I have been practicing my landings (in what little free time I have these days) and I finally got a new video up for this plane. It was a lot of fun and boy did it feel like some good summertime flyin'!

This is my second pair of rough field landing gear (it likes to bounce with the wheels pulled forward if I don't land just right and one landing took a weird bounce to side wrecking the first pair).

I would also like to note that other than the paint chips/flakes that are starting to add up, I have had no other issues with this plane so far.

Enjoy!

http://youtu.be/1oDrGtJ_B74