Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Warbirds and Warplanes
Reload this Page >

Century Jet Retracts Feedback

Notices
RC Warbirds and Warplanes Discuss rc warbirds and warplanes in this forum.

Century Jet Retracts Feedback

Old 06-19-2014, 07:06 PM
warbirdfan2

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Century Jet Retracts Feedback

Does anyone have recent feedback on using Century Jet retracts. I am thinking of getting a set for a ESM P51.I know about the quality of Sierras and Robart, but I want to go with electric. I talked to a robart rep at Warbirds over Delaware, last year who told me they can make them if I send them my wings,but I am alittle leary of doing that because of the problems LDM (RCU member) had with doing that.

Last edited by warbirdfan2; 06-19-2014 at 07:08 PM.
Old 06-19-2014, 08:16 PM
ByLoudDesign

Century Jet is my supplier for my kit. They have made the LG for the 1:4 scale B-25J you can view on Flying Giant site. http://www.***********s.com/forums/s...ad.php?t=87698
Old 06-20-2014, 04:04 AM
tevans55

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by warbirdfan2
Does anyone have recent feedback on using Century Jet retracts. I am thinking of getting a set for a ESM P51.I know about the quality of Sierras and Robart, but I want to go with electric. I talked to a robart rep at Warbirds over Delaware, last year who told me they can make them if I send them my wings,but I am alittle leary of doing that because of the problems LDM (RCU member) had with doing that.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCDQ...jUfoRQUNH4nB_A

Here is a link to some of the CJM retracts they are making or have converted recently.
Old 06-20-2014, 06:21 AM
kmtranmd
My Feedback: (71)

I don't have a recent experience with CJM. But I had them make the prototype rotating retracts for me for the H9 P40 when it came out several years ago. They worked great and these guys are great to deal with. I sent the stock retracts to them and they made pneumatics off that foot print. Don't have to send in the wings if you know the dimensions of the struts and trunions you need. The P51 is much easier to make than rotating retracts for P40. Robart does a good job, but they take a long time to produce. I just had a custom set built for me for Ziroli warbird and it took Robart 2 mos to make, rather than 2 weeks they originally promised to me.
By the way, I don't see why you cannot find retracts from Robart that will easily fit your P51. It's not a big plane to find struts and trunions for.
Old 06-21-2014, 11:47 AM
Bruce Sanders

Hi Guys,r

Century Jet is now the supplier for ESM air or electric landing gear. There have been growing pains as we have threaded our way thru the Chinese mess but happy to report, we are putting gear in stock.

We have hired two machinist and purchased a CNC mill to compliment our CNC lathe. All I can say is "Standby for News!" Our goal is increase quality at the same or lower price.

Finally, we do have landing gear for the ESM P-51 aircraft in stock. They meet the specifications of ESM landing gear but with US quality. These gear are a "drop and play" replacement.

Bruce Sanders
Old 06-21-2014, 02:30 PM
warbirdfan2

Hi Bruce... Thanks for your reply to the thread. I was on your site trying to find info on the ones for the P51 and others, but didn't have much luck getting pictures to enlarge. Would there be a chance you could post a few on here , or in a pm. Thanks...WBF2