Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Warbirds and Warplanes
Reload this Page >

Thank you Deleware RC for Warbirds Over Delaware

Notices
RC Warbirds and Warplanes Discuss rc warbirds and warplanes in this forum.

Thank you Deleware RC for Warbirds Over Delaware

Old 07-13-2014, 11:56 AM
Mustang51
My Feedback: (25)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Thank you Deleware RC for Warbirds Over Delaware

Once again the boys in Delaware out did themselves and hosted THE Best giant scale meet that I have ever been to. I can NOT convey just how appreciative I am of all the hard work that these guys do. I know for fact that the work for next year starts even before the present meet is even done. This meet has been gone on for well over 20 years and I have made every one except for one and plan to NEVER miss another one. Every thing from field preparation to safety is done with trying to provide the warbird modeler and spectator a fantastic experience and they are in my opinion the "bench mark" of standards for all other clubs who attempt to host an rc airplane meet.
My thanks to ALL you guys in Delaware !
Well done!
Old 07-13-2014, 04:01 PM
ccostant
My Feedback: (38)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I totally agree with Mustang51. I wish I had the exact raw statistics for the event so everyone could truly appreciate what it takes to put on an event like this. Just stop and consider that typically each year there are over 150 pilots in attendance for the four days with most bringing more than one aircraft. Then consider that there are several hundred flights per day that are coordinated by the event staff (i.e. the yellow shirt men and women). And then there's a world class, 2 hours plus half time show on Friday and Saturday featuring the who's who of scale RC, performed with the best scale aircraft models in the world. It really doesn't get much better that that. If you have ever been involved in putting on a simple scale fly in at your local field then you know what I'm talking about and what it takes to put on an event like this. The Delaware club should be praised for all of their efforts over the last 20 years!
Old 07-13-2014, 04:27 PM
lrb75
My Feedback: (12)

I had a good time again at WOD this year. Thanks to everyone that makes it a great event. Wish I could have gotten more than two flights on my P-40.... Stupid tail wheel mount.
Old 07-13-2014, 05:01 PM
d.doolittle
My Feedback: (2)

Very appreciated everyone! nice to see some positive reactions on the internet.
Old 07-13-2014, 05:08 PM
BobH
My Feedback: (2)

Received 21 Likes on 21 Posts

The Delaware boys go to great lengths to make an event that is world class.. This year was no different. Any one who has attended surely must appreciate the work and dedication that goes into the execution of something this well attended.
The event will be 25 years old in a few years. That's a LONG time for a single, all volunteer event in the RC World, Great Job!
Old 07-13-2014, 05:52 PM
westwind two
My Feedback: (1)

Thank you to each and every pilot ........................All 213 of you.......You are the show, we try our best to provide a safe and enjoyable event.

THANK YOU

Pete and Dave Malchione
Old 07-17-2014, 01:22 AM
miklos
My Feedback: (38)

Absolutely great time. As soon I'm driving home from the event, I'm already looking forward to the following years and all winter is spent working on a project to fly at the coming years event.