Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Warbirds and Warplanes
Reload this Page >

DH Vampire 1400mm with 90mm fan by Hobbyking - anyone have one?

Community
Search
Notices
RC Warbirds and Warplanes Discuss rc warbirds and warplanes in this forum.

DH Vampire 1400mm with 90mm fan by Hobbyking - anyone have one?

Search this Thread

Old 07-13-2014, 02:02 PM
Peter_OZ
Banned
My Feedback: (1)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default DH Vampire 1400mm with 90mm fan by Hobbyking - anyone have one?

hey guys,
has anyone purchased and flown one of the new HK 1400mm glass vampires with the 90mm fan?

I am quite keen on one but would like to get some feedback on them. Only issues I can see are they it has no inlet ducting which could be fixed easily enough and the price! Not sure if only having a 90mm fan is an issue or not, I don't know much about ducted fan setups.

cheers

Peter
Old 07-14-2014, 05:47 AM
ticketec
My Feedback: (2)

Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts

Hey Pete,

Very few out there so far... there seems to be an issue with the manual stated CoG from what I can gather in a German forum. The guy tired to maiden it but it wouldn't get off the ground. Damaged it trying. Inlet ducting not being there not a massive issue if you have the fan setup for it. It's not the most efficient setup, but definitely not a show stopper. Inlet ducting can be a major PITA to make!

The all metal EDF units can be quite heavy as well, which saps performance.

In my experience glass jet's in the 90mm size are fine if you want to go fast (i.e. not a Vampire's forte) otherwise a foam airframe is a far more viable option. Glass ones run the risk of coming out way heavier than what makes for a nice flying model.

While your waiting, you should spend $115 and get the 70mm version! I have one and they are absolutely great! love flying it around, great sunday flyer. not a ball of fire with the stock setup but great for scale like flying. don't waste your time with the landing gear though. the wheels are sooo small that unless it's pretty damn smooth cricket pitch kinda grass you going nowhere.

Try this for more info on the 90mm version

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2096676

Thanks

dave

Last edited by ticketec; 07-14-2014 at 05:50 AM.