Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Warbirds and Warplanes
Reload this Page >

New 60 Size Warbird?

Community
Search
Notices
RC Warbirds and Warplanes Discuss rc warbirds and warplanes in this forum.

New 60 Size Warbird?

Search this Thread

Old 08-31-2014, 06:02 AM
dasintex
My Feedback: (10)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New 60 Size Warbird?

What do you think the chances are of Top Flite releasing a new 60 Size Warbird ARF; like a Spitfire?
Old 08-31-2014, 08:16 PM
Ram-bro
My Feedback: (101)

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

are you talking kit or ARF? Eitehr way I dont seeit likely.arket is saturated and tight in the wallet. There arent many kit builders left.......Just my .02
Old 09-01-2014, 05:43 AM
dasintex
My Feedback: (10)

I'm refering to a 60 Size Warbird ARF; and normally I would have to agree with you, but Top Flite has suprised the Market; people made the ascertion that there was only a Market for American Planes; but they sell a FW190 and everyone said they wouldn't realase a Giant Scale Zero and they did; the 60 Size Planes in my opinion have been unpredictable, I think the last one they released was either the P47 or Corsair, and Hanger 9 already had these out, as well as other Brands.

It seems that a possibilty exists for Top Flite to release a non American 60 size Warbird ARF, and comes to mind is a Spitfire. Hanger 9 went that route after they released the P51, P47, P40, Corsair and Hellcat, not sure of the order, but they followed with the Spitfire and now a ME109.

Just trying to generate some opinions and find a home for my OS91.

Last edited by dasintex; 09-01-2014 at 05:49 AM.
Old 09-02-2014, 01:49 AM
Lifer
My Feedback: (1)

Received 29 Likes on 28 Posts

I would buy one. I have many of the TF 60-size ARF's and adding a Spitfire would be great. Hopefully, Top Flite follows these threads.
Old 09-02-2014, 04:04 AM
tevans55

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Larger gas ARFs seems to be the newer trend. Must be more market demand for larger gas ARFs and smaller electric ARFs. That is what I keep seeing most. This is not an endorsement just an observation.
Old 09-08-2014, 04:37 PM
LDM
My Feedback: (15)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I haerd on another site that they may be releaseing a new bird but considering they have issues with the 60/90 size ARF P40 and they wont show it as discontinued but simply on long term "unavailable" is somewhat concerning.
Also at Christmas Tower had the Corsair on deal with promos as low as $199 and that is not a sign of demand at all .
The eletric market is thriving in 50" and under , I personally love the EPO detailed birds in the 1700 mm /66" size and they are proven winners in the field with the FMS P51/P40/P47 , but many in epower felt they are too big because that marker appeals to the casual rc guy that may not have a vehical to fly a plane in the 60" plus range.
Other factors that show a chance of new releases in the 60 to 90 is the new introduction of small gas engines .
With new smaller gas it will make glow a thing of the past and add a demand for more planes in that size. A few years ago all you would see is countless complaining about the cost of glow and so many moved to epower.
Just my opinion not right or wrong .
One thing for sure , when top flight releases a bird they seemed to get it right the first time so I hope there are new models on the horison
Old 09-08-2014, 08:03 PM
m3_express

I would love to see a .60 size FW190 from TF. I was really bummed to see TF not bring out a .60 size FW190 after they released the GS version. It seemed for a little while, TF was releasing new ARF's in both sizes but stopped with the FW190.

hk