Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Warbirds and Warplanes
Reload this Page >

Which electric retracts for an ESM Dauntless ?

Community
Search
Notices
RC Warbirds and Warplanes Discuss rc warbirds and warplanes in this forum.

Which electric retracts for an ESM Dauntless ?

Search this Thread

Old 09-21-2014, 06:03 AM
aerowoof

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Which electric retracts for an ESM Dauntless ?

I've had an ESM Dauntless kit for a few years now, it will have a full cockpit and at one time I was going to use Sierra air retracts but have since had a change of mind.
Would like to go electric and eliminate all the plumbing and air tank since the plane will be electric powered also. Have been looking around at ESM,E-Flite and Lado.
since I fly off a grass fields would like to use functioning oleo struts instead of just wire struts. Sierra doesn't sell their struts separately so at this point I am leaning towards
the Lado 90 degree RS 333 but not sure what to use for struts. I liked the sierras as they had the scale axle angle thinking I may be able to modify Lado struts to the same.
Am open to recommendations or ideas.Thanks
Old 09-21-2014, 07:06 AM
deatonbt

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I contacted Lado one time about struts for the RS999 retract. Lado does make custom length struts. I would imagine that they can also drill any axle angle on the strut. I don't know about custom scale appearance. Lado answers emails sent during the week very quickly.

I purchased Lado RS999 retracts but haven't used them yet. I already had some Shindin struts for an 84" span ME-109 that are a good fit by length and axle angle for the American Eagle Typhoon that I am building. It is going to be flown as a sport plane.

Here is a link to the RS333 struts offered.
http://www.lado-tech.net/en/accessor...s333-legs.html

Brian

Last edited by deatonbt; 09-21-2014 at 07:27 AM.
Old 09-21-2014, 08:24 AM
chris923
My Feedback: (53)

I was very disappointed in Lado.............not enough power to move Heavy Duty ( 1/5 scale) retracts. Almost all retract makers have a electric conversion. I believe the Down and Locked will convert and air set to electric.
Old 09-21-2014, 09:50 AM
deatonbt

Lado offers complete retracts and just actuators of different sizes that can handle different strut lengths and wheel weights. Lado also has dimensions of the actuators to download from their site. In the video on the page below, he gives the strut length and wheel weight being used with the example retract. The torque supported in the demonstration can be calculated by the strut length times the wheel weight. A torque comparison for another airplane can then be calculating using the strut length and wheel weight for it. Lado offers three different actuator sizes.

http://www.lado-tech.net/en/rs666/86-rs666-jumbo.html

Brian

Last edited by deatonbt; 09-21-2014 at 10:11 AM.
Old 09-21-2014, 10:19 AM
aerowoof

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I looked at the down and locked but also saw where one gut was having problems with them so want to avoid them at the present