Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Warbirds and Warplanes
Reload this Page >

Q: Why are so many CARF P-47's for sale?

Community
Search
Notices
RC Warbirds and Warplanes Discuss rc warbirds and warplanes in this forum.

Q: Why are so many CARF P-47's for sale?

Search this Thread

Old 10-27-2014, 08:37 PM
Chris Nicastro
My Feedback: (3)

Received 24 Likes on 22 Posts
Default Q: Why are so many CARF P-47's for sale?

Just an observation, there have been a lot of CARF P-47's for sale lately. Coincidense or what?

I realize its a big expensive plane, I have the Corsair, and I can understand guys lose interest in the project. However its like a perfect storm of projects for sale lately! Whats the deal?
Old 10-28-2014, 12:57 PM
Peter_OZ
Banned
My Feedback: (1)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

dunno but they can throw one my way
Old 02-23-2015, 08:23 AM
greymondon

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi, In which website you are speking about,? i m loonking for a P 47 too.
Old 02-23-2015, 12:39 PM
Chris Nicastro

Here on RCU For Sale. I made the comment/question because suddenly there were several for sale and a couple guys had a firewall issue.
Old 02-23-2015, 04:53 PM
Greg Wright
My Feedback: (6)

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Chris Nicastro
Here on RCU For Sale. I made the comment/question because suddenly there were several for sale and a couple guys had a firewall issue.

I foresee a bunch of rumors coming out of this quote..

i'm just sayin!!!

Last edited by Greg Wright; 02-23-2015 at 04:57 PM.
Old 02-23-2015, 08:37 PM
Chris Nicastro

What kind of rumors Greg?
It was my observation at the time so I posed the question. There was at least one a week for sale for a few weeks in a row. Maybe coincidence or what I dont know. Strangely nobody who sold one says anything about why they sold it.

I'll be strengthening up my Corsair firewall just to be safe and distribute the loads better.
Old 02-24-2015, 05:28 AM
IFLYBVM2
My Feedback: (360)

Received 22 Likes on 20 Posts

The reason (I think) you see projects like this for sale in an uncompleted or partially completed state is the following : Guys get excited and purchase the project. Yes, it is an ARF, but requires a ship load of work, time, and money to complete. Something that is not always considered when making the initial investment of the kit, etc. And I know of at least one guy who sold his after adding up the grand total of everything he had invested in it, including labor in this particular case. (I try never to do this, BTW) I think there are enough of these out there now to know that they are proven air frames. Not that there aren't things that can be done to make them even better or stronger, but isn't this the case with almost every model ? Just my 2 cents worth-
-Mike Oberst
Old 02-24-2015, 09:11 AM
Eddie P
My Feedback: (4)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I think people wait for flying season to come to mind before they sell, in addition to having the natural amount of guys who lose interest when financial liability comes to mind before the maiden flight of a large project. I'm a boating guy and I also fly full size for fun. In the spring boats and planes flood the market becasue they will get people willing to fork over the funds when they can use it right away. You don't want your plane listed all winter to be considered unexciting (subconsciously) when people come out with their wallets open. You want to be the "rare find" that get's snapped up right away.
Old 02-24-2015, 11:58 AM
Growler84
My Feedback: (8)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I agree with IFLYBVM2, everyone wants the ultra cool show-stopping scale warbird but few are willing to commit the time/patience and skill required to generate a model of this caliber. The CARF Moki/Thunderbolt or Corsair project runs 180 out from the "gotta-have-it-now" crowd unless they have the funds to buy one turn key or pay someone to build it for them. My friend Mike was offered a pile of cash for his Jug after Warbirds Over the Rockies last year. Of course he turned it down because it becomes a question of what your time is worth. In his case, even making 2 grand or so above the component replacement cost was a losing proposition.