Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Warbirds and Warplanes
Reload this Page >

Topflite Giant P-47 Club

Notices
RC Warbirds and Warplanes Discuss rc warbirds and warplanes in this forum.

Topflite Giant P-47 Club

Old 03-24-2015, 08:26 AM
haefeli

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Last night I was rereading my Aurora 9X manual to make sure I did things right doing the link and there it was, it said in several areas the word bind and binding. I said to myself I hope HoundDog does not read the manual................, still and all I think it was meant in good fun as this is.
Old 03-24-2015, 02:52 PM
HoundDog
My Feedback: (49)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by haefeli
Last night I was rereading my Aurora 9X manual to make sure I did things right doing the link and there it was, it said in several areas the word bind and binding. I said to myself I hope HoundDog does not read the manual................, still and all I think it was meant in good fun as this is
Sorry for the imposition ...I was going with the Original Aurora 9 not 9X manual ... there so many addendums, Changes and fixes that Mike and the Boys may have just went along with Spectrum and started referring to the Prosses of getting the Transmitter to Talk to the Receiver and the Receiver to respond an BINDING. in stead of LINKING ... Sorry but thanks for setting me straight. But u did choose a fabulas R/C Radio System ... at least we don't require Multiple receivers and satellites.

NOW before all U fanatic Spekky users jump my bones ask your self this "If DSM2 was so good & that many still use it then why did Spectrum go to a full Hopping system with their DSMX system. Just food for thought sorry in advance.
Old 03-24-2015, 03:00 PM
haefeli

Absolutely no issue about this and let's set the record real straight. First off the 9x resolution is twice that of anything out their. Secondly Hitec set the mark in 2005 withe the Optic 6 radio that was 2048 resolution and could fly any system out there on any channel from 11 to 60. Any qpcm channel was untouchable from any radio and I still use it 10 years later and never ever worry about a hit. Plus the Hitec 9 channel receivers are half the price of Spektrums and the digital servos are programmable and top of the line. Again no issues but I did get s laugh when I saw bind in the manual.
Old 03-24-2015, 04:08 PM
Lifer
My Feedback: (1)

Received 29 Likes on 28 Posts

Remember when this used to be a thread about a really neat model airplane and not chest thumping about a radio?
Old 03-24-2015, 04:28 PM
HoundDog

Absolutely no issue about this and let's set the record real straight. First off the 9x resolution is twice that of anything out their. Secondly Hitec set the mark in 2005 withe the Optic 6 radio that was 2048 resolution and could fly any system out there on any channel from 11 to 60. Any qpcm channel was untouchable from any radio and I still use it 10 years later and never ever worry about a hit. Plus the Hitec 9 channel receivers are half the price of Spektrums and the digital servos are programmable and top of the line. Again no issues but I did get s laugh when I saw bind in the manual.
Hey haefeli U got any pull with HiTec RCD I have 2 Aurour 9's all the Telemetry systems some 4 or more. Including the HTS Voice
The HTS-Navi USB Telemetry Receiver My Problem is I have a set up with a GPS Receiver Batt interface and air speed module.
My problem is that the system works transmitting the info to my radio Ground Speed Altitude from the GPS and air speed from the air speed modual. Every thing is/can be recorded with the HTS-Navi but the Air Speed does not record. the Air Speed remains at ZERO on the recording program. I was tols over a year ago it a software programming problem and it would be fixed in a couple of months when they updated the software for the HTS-Navi. Well I'm still waiting .... really hate to have to give up my Aurous systems for something that really works.
Just checked the last Telemetry system update was 1.12.0 dated March 5th 2012

Anyone out there Using an auroua 9 or (9X) system and the air speed and the Navi w/ computer do U get Air Speed to register in the program that shows all the Telemetry on the computer screen?

Old 03-24-2015, 05:06 PM
haefeli

No chest thumping as I own them all and everyone of my radios is smarter than me. I have no pull or special people I consult. I build planes because I love them. As far as p-47 I read all I can about them and if I were sharper I'd know how to post some links to some cool stuff maybe you've all seen and maybe not. I was just slinging poop because few know the optic 6 was 2048 resolution when 2.4 was an unknown term. I have seen a lot of neat stuff on this thread and don't mean to bore anyone.
Old 03-24-2015, 09:35 PM
HoundDog

No chest thumping as I own them all and everyone of my radios is smarter than me. I have no pull or special people I consult. I build planes because I love them. As far as p-47 I read all I can about them and if I were sharper I'd know how to post some links to some cool stuff maybe you've all seen and maybe not. I was just slinging poop because few know the optic 6 was 2048 resolution when 2.4 was an unknown term. I have seen a lot of neat stuff on this thread and don't mean to bore anyone.
U seem to be doing OK 157 Post since January but here it is.
How to copy and Paste:
anything u want to place in the Forum from another site ( I hope I'm Not Just talking for the fun of it)

Place the cursor on the front of what U wish to COPY click the left mouse KEY and drag it till the area to be copied turns blue then right click on any blue spot then chose COPR and left click copy Now move to the window at the place U want to place the copied material and RIGHT click choose PASTE and WALA it is all copied and pasted ... The same can be done with a URL Just copy the URL then In the top line pick the GLOBE and paste the URL in the box and click OK.
Hope to see lots of ThunderBolt pics and info thanks

Last edited by HoundDog; 03-24-2015 at 09:39 PM.
Old 03-25-2015, 01:47 AM
TonyBuilder
My Feedback: (11)

Both my radio and my phone are smarter then I am, but they refuse to help me when I need it

TB
Old 03-25-2015, 05:24 AM
haefeli

I will copy the instructions from above but in the mean time here is a site that has original documents to show just how fast these planes were with what prop fully loaded. click on link to see photos of original handwritten results.
www.spitfireperformance.com/p-47/p-47.html

then another with awesome picture including color pic of Zombie on page 61 I think. ill post next time
Old 03-25-2015, 05:31 AM
haefeli

http://www.scribd.com/doc/7273349/Wa...Thunderbolt-97
this shows up on my work computer but not my cell. it is a highly detailed look with pictures (many in color) with close ups of all nomenclature as far as I can tell. Between the 2 sites it is real good info . I did not know some props made the Razorback fly 477 mph at 37,000 feet with water injection and 70in. manifold pressure it says in first thing I posted. just amazing....................
Old 03-25-2015, 05:58 AM
HoundDog

http://www.scribd.com/doc/7273349/Wa...Thunderbolt-97
this shows up on my work computer but not my cell. it is a highly detailed look with pictures (many in color) with close ups of all nomenclature as far as I can tell. Between the 2 sites it is real good info . I did not know some props made the Razorback fly 477 mph at 37,000 feet with water injection and 70in. manifold pressure it says in first thing I posted. just amazing....................

Man this is going to take a Month of Sundays to digest ...
Great Keep it coming Think I'll Bookmark all this stuff too.
Makes ya realize how little detain these ARF's have.

I shot this way back in '08 but it might be of some interest to some.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wuVsJCMduO4
Old 03-25-2015, 06:28 AM
lancairmustang

Not related to the P-47, but I'm in the Turks and Caicos island for spring break and the people from Texas Flying Legends museum flew down here on Monday!! 2 B-25 Mitchell's, 2 Grumman Tigercats, Corsair, P-40, TBM Avenger, and a Zero that fought and attacked in pearl Harbour!! Just thought I'd share.

Any new new builds or planes flying???
Trevor
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	68
Size:	222.0 KB
ID:	2084006  
Old 03-25-2015, 06:29 AM
haefeli

I don't have a computer at home. They want 5 grand to run cable. So I can't see all this cool stuff on my cell phone. I look during lunch at work. I CNT tell you all I've dug up.
Old 03-25-2015, 06:38 AM
haefeli

Just spent 3 days crying how I don't know how to use my new radio and the hoops I been jumping thru. I'm a bit old but I'd like to be hawking on the bronzed bombshells too.
Old 03-25-2015, 06:51 AM
HoundDog

I don't have a computer at home. They want 5 grand to run cable. So I can't see all this cool stuff on my cell phone. I look during lunch at work. I CNT tell you all I've dug up.
In what Boon Docks are U hold up in....Geez

2 words Satiltie Internet
Old 03-25-2015, 06:55 AM
HoundDog

Originally Posted by lancairmustang
Not related to the P-47, but I'm in the Turks and Caicos island for spring break and the people from Texas Flying Legends museum flew down here on Monday!! 2 B-25 Mitchell's, 2 Grumman Tigercats, Corsair, P-40, TBM Avenger, and a Zero that fought and attacked in pearl Harbour!! Just thought I'd share.

Any new new builds or planes flying???
Trevor
Trev: Good boy, Ya pick a Caribbean Island witout "GIRLS"
and nutten but war birds ... U make me Proud.

U take the P4?
Old 03-25-2015, 06:59 AM
lancairmustang

Originally Posted by HoundDog
Trev: Good boy, Ya pick a Caribbean Island witout "GIRLS"
and nutten but war birds ... U make me Proud.

U take the P4?
Oh yeah haha I love the warbirds!! Of course haha warbirds are first in my heart. You go to the one eighth? And take the P4? Haha what's that
Old 03-25-2015, 10:20 AM
Pull Up Now!
My Feedback: (3)

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Before and After...................
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	P51 BEFORE.jpg
Views:	542
Size:	115.2 KB
ID:	2084072   Click image for larger version

Name:	P51 AFTER.jpg
Views:	553
Size:	139.3 KB
ID:	2084073  
Old 03-25-2015, 10:24 AM
TonyBuilder
My Feedback: (11)

Originally Posted by Pull Up Now!
I guess you did not "pull up now"!

TB
Old 03-25-2015, 12:26 PM
lancairmustang

Originally Posted by Pull Up Now!
i could make that fly again
Old 03-25-2015, 01:35 PM
radfordc
My Feedback: (14)

That'll buff out!
Old 03-25-2015, 01:49 PM
lancairmustang

Exactly I've fixed way worse... I got a little P-51 that I've rebuilt from nothing 4 times ���� and it still flies but there's a crap ton of glue that's for sure
Old 03-25-2015, 02:04 PM
mirce

Received 58 Likes on 29 Posts

For Top Flite P 47 builders...

For more information visit: www.nsmodelers.rs

All the best from Senta, Serbia

Mirce
Old 03-25-2015, 02:32 PM
lancairmustang

Nice bird man
Old 03-25-2015, 03:24 PM
HoundDog

Originally Posted by lancairmustang
i could make that fly again
Ya give it to John to fix. U got more Pics of all the war birds ... the girls too.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.