Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Warbirds and Warplanes
Reload this Page >

P-51 mustang 60 size

Community
Search
Notices
RC Warbirds and Warplanes Discuss rc warbirds and warplanes in this forum.

P-51 mustang 60 size

Search this Thread

Old 01-04-2015, 05:25 PM
Horn Dude

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default P-51 mustang 60 size

Howdy all,

I have been out of flying for quite a while but doing other things with RC. Got the itch to fly again, so I was out trying to find a 60 size yellow tail p-51 mustang like my Hangar 9 I once had.

Found a few yellow tails on ebay. Tried to research about manufacture (fly model) and (Rc Jet World) and anything I could find on plane with no luck. But since it was here in the states and stated it was balsa wood, I bought one. (bang head here)

After it arrived, I opened up box. All looked good until I see the fuse is a 1 piece fiberglass with the wood in belly held together with what looks like glue from a hot glue gun. Build instructions were horrible. And of course retracts and control horns would have to be replaced with stronger stuff. Without delay I sent it back.

Is there any h9 60 size yellow tails out there? Or am I stuck with buying the current blue nose? Over what I just sent back, Ill take a blue nose one. Just liked the yellow tail "Marie" look.

Also how are the new retracts? I see instead of a low profile single servo, they are now attached to the legs themselves. Cant find any real info on these.

Thanks!