Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Warbirds and Warplanes
Reload this Page > Top RC Models MkIV full Composite Spitfire-a game changer
RC Warbirds and Warplanes Discuss rc warbirds and warplanes in this forum.

Top RC Models MkIV full Composite Spitfire-a game changer

Old 05-09-2018, 03:42 PM
Calil

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

If not electric i will use 50cc. I would never add so much weight as you are all using here. I preffer my weight in bigger engine
Old 05-09-2018, 04:01 PM
RBean

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Two more flights on the Spitfire today. About 90 degrees F. No indications of overheating, so I guess my additional cooling mods work. I twicked the elevators some, a little less throw and slightly more expo. Good takeoffs, maneuvers and landings. A quartering cross-wind. Later the cross wind increased and more cross, so I quit flying. A club member videoed the last flight. He will send me the video eventually and I will try to post here. The DA 32cc is adequate, but if I were putting together the plane, I would use a larger engine and less lead weight. Maybe 45 - 55cc. I don't think there is room for anything larger.
Old 05-14-2018, 08:47 AM
kmtranmd
My Feedback: (71)

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

spitfire cowl is not open like some other warbirds to shove a big motor in there without hacking up the cowl.
That's why I prefer to fly warbirds with radial cowl to allow big motors shoved in there and fly with authority.
Zero is the best air frame for allowing big motor and good flying characteristics.
Others are P40 with enlarged mouth below to hide the cylinder head.
I love the G62 high reving motor, well balanced, needed weight. I found it's great match for the Topflite P47 or cmp zero.
Make sure you're running the APC T-6 racing prop for maximum performance. Don't bother with wood props.