RC Warbirds and Warplanes Discuss rc warbirds and warplanes in this forum.

P 51d mustang 60cc hangar 9 build

Old 02-11-2019, 12:31 PM
CaptRKO
My Feedback: (3)

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Ahhhhh....screw it! I ordered another one, gonna give it another shot!
Old 02-13-2019, 06:15 PM
CaptRKO

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

So...mine arrived today in very nice condition....very little wrinkles or dents like the earlier production airplanes. I also want to make sure that everyone READS the next statement.

I GOT A COCKPIT KIT.... this confirms it is still included in the kit, maybe not available to order by itself but it was included in my kit.

I am very happy and the overall covering and finish...MUCH better then the one I bought back in 2015.

I am missing the Rudder, and the cockpit canopy frame....no where to be found. Bummer (but I will email Tower Hobbies and I am sure they will take care of it.)

Still trying to narrow down an engine choice. I know about overheating issues with the Pitts style muffler and the carb. The Evolution G-62 was no good the last time around, I believe my airplane I build it 2015 is still flying and now has a DLE-55RA. I was thinking maybe a DLE-61 and use a Bennett muffler but NOT a Pitts, cut the cowl and let the side mounted muffler setup do its job and keep eveything cooler. Not sure....just want to avoid heating issues--yes I know about making a baffle but I think the issue with this tight cowl is the exhaust and carb getting all the heat and not escaping.

Anyhow.....lets get to building "round 2"
Old 02-13-2019, 07:52 PM
CaptRKO

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Very little wrinkles or dents/scuffs unlike the last one I built....

Wing tubes fit right in....no other alignment issues! This was right out of the shipping container. Again the Cockpit kit comes compete...however NO RUDDER! Apparently they "forgot it". It looks like they finally fixed all the little QA issues. I got this one from Tower Hobbies.
Oh. yeah....before I got too far into the "build" I checked the wing tubes and alignment....DEAD NUTS on....they must have done a QA on the factory and fixed all this stuff!

She fits together well......right out of the box!
Old 02-13-2019, 07:53 PM
CaptRKO

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Anyone else out there flying/building/assembling/drewling over one of these? Chime in please!

WHERE DID EVERYONE GO????? HELLO?

Last edited by CaptRKO; 02-14-2019 at 03:02 PM.